Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

jmayo wrote: »
    Why does this image come to mind.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRyHlKEwGSd1dVxAvbr7xT4GszT7SesDBTeyw&usqp=CAU

Because the post starts with
    I think he will win in a landslide.
    It will be a very special victory - a most beautiful thing.

and ends with
    He is the most brave president of all time.

That kind of thinking is something you'd expect from NK or any other personality cult and is not something associated with a healthy mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

I'll humour you and pick one point.
    This is completely untrue.

An estimated 20 percent of the power generated in the United States this year is expected to come from coal, down from 31 percent in 2017.

In part because of the coronavirus-induced recession, total coal production is expected to drop this year to 511 million tons, down from 775 million tons in 2017. That 34 percent decline is the largest four-year drop in production since at least 1932.

Far from bringing back jobs, the downturn has translated into 5,300 coal mining jobs, or nearly 10 percent, being eliminated since Mr. Trump took office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/us/politics/trump-coal-industry.html

If you read my post carefully you would have seen I also acknowledged this.

I acknowledged that the COVID-19 pandemic has destroyed some of these great thing that Trump achieved

Here is what I wrote

————
    The Covid-19 virus was unexpected and destroyed a lot of these good things.

America will once again be great.
    Only Trump has the vision and determination to make this happen
    ————-

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I actually thought it was sarcasm till I read to the end.
    They were being genuine, yikes!

It's hard to know when people are being genuine or taking the p*ss anymore. Truly! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Trump considering addressing the country.I wouldn't put it past him to deliver it from the Balcony

oh god please let this happen. a drugged up manic trump (more so than usual) live from the white house spraying covid all over the place would be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

Who's next in line if he is out of action?
    The VP Mike Pence, and then Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi if he goes down too...

No chance for them.Donald is immune from the Covid.He is like a God,untouchable by anything on this earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

20 off topic posts deleted

And don't say something like "edit - just saw the mod warning". You can delete your own posts but from now on I'll be carding them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That is good news.

You're one of the few people who will believe it I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

So Trump is saying he'll do the 2nd debate, surely they will try and stop him unless his 100% clear of Covid19...and if his stopped from participating he'll turn it to a strategy of look at the left trying to silence me along with his voter fraud stuff...The Trump strategy might end up being effective

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

That is good news.

It's good news if true.

A strange turn around though.

He went from
    1 testing positive Thursday
    2 bad enough on Friday to bypass the white House medical staff and instead head to Walter Reed on Friday
    3 returns to WH Monday night
    4 Tuesday no symptoms at all.

I don't buy it.

Because the post starts with

and ends with

That kind of thinking is something you'd expect from NK or any other personality cult and is not something associated with a healthy mind.

Noel Kelly (Talent Management)??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    So Trump is saying he'll do the 2nd debate, surely they will try and stop him unless his 100% clear of Covid19...and if his stopped from participating he'll turn it to a strategy of look at the left trying to silence me along with his voter fraud stuff...The Trump strategy might end up being effective

He'll have to drive himself to it, everyone he has been in contact with in the past 10 days either has covid or are self isolating.

That is good news.

This is marvelous news - our beloved leader has no symptoms
    This is a wonderful recovery - probably the greatest recovery ever known - it is beautiful - it is a beautiful thing

This is proof of the power of prayer - all the love and prayers that were offered up for our a great leader

Since the news broke of his positive test myself and a few other like minded folk held regular rosary sessions on Zoom and it is wonderful that our prayers were listened to

This man is the bravest and most courageous fighter on this planet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Boggles wrote: »
    He'll have to drive himself to it, everyone he has been in contact with in the past 10 days either has covid or are self isolating.

Can he not do the debate from a room in the White House , set up a video link, why does he have to be there in person and obviously shouldn’t go there in person.

fin12 wrote: »
    Can he not do the debate from a room in the White House , set up a video link, why does he have to be there in person and obviously shouldn’t go there in person.

Exactly - he could take part on Zoom just like our prayer group that prayed together on Zoom

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Sorolla wrote: »
    This is a wonderful recovery - probably the greatest recovery ever known - it is beautiful - it is a beautiful thing

This is proof of the power of prayer - all the love and prayers that were offered up for our a great leader

Since the news broke of his positive test myself and a few other like minded folk held regular rosary sessions on Zoom and it is wonderful that our prayers were listened to

Ahhhh ... Just GTFO

fin12 wrote: »

Doubt he'll do that, would go mad if he could be muted. Also, as a person who has been on corticosteroids. They can really affect your concentration so Trump would be even worse than normal. Doubt he wants that to be visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

weisses wrote: »
    Ahhhh ... Just GTFO

Yeah, it's not even trying any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Wait a second. If it was the prayers and God that did it then Trump wasn't brave at all. Why are you giving kudos to Trump when it was God that did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Wait, why did this God fella leave Herman Cain die? People prayed for him too and he died a horrible, unnecessary death.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't think the dear leader believes in the power of rosary beads.
    Initially I thought this post was a joke... but seemingly not...
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-secretly-mocks-his-christian-supporters/616522/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

I know God is portrayed as benevolent and forgiving etc but why on Earth if God actually existed would he intervene to save a toe rag like Trump of all people?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

froog wrote: »
    oh god please let this happen. a drugged up manic trump (more so than usual) live from the white house spraying covid all over the place would be incredible.

Beautiful even. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

Exactly - he could take part on Zoom just like our prayer group that prayed together on Zoom

Looks like Donnie's not the only one on experimental drugs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

I don't wish him ill or dead, he doesn't affect my life enough to care either way, but he's a dangerous man. World would be better without him, he will go down as the very worst clown of a man to be president of USA.

He might not even have it, could just be a strategy but who knows. The level of upset here from people to those that do wish him bad is laughable though, don't be so sensitive.

Isn't he up for two nobel peace prizes? Didnt he extend an olive branch to North Korea? His tenure has been the most peaceful American presidency of my lifetime (im 37).

I mean...he's a gee bag but surely the truth counts for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    Isn't he up for two nobel peace prizes? Didnt he extend an olive branch to North Korea? His tenure has been the most peaceful American presidency of my lifetime (im 37).

I mean...he's a gee bag but surely the truth counts for something.

Peaceful.

He's out there with pompeo trying to incite war with China. The absolute imbecile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Just read a headline:

White House offices resemble a ghost town as many employees stay home amid the outbreak

and thought, can you imagine if this was an episode of The West Wing.....

Advertisement