Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    Isn't he up for two nobel peace prizes?

So were Stalin and Hitler.

Just so you know, Trump was nominated by a far-right politician in Norway. He is one of 318 nominees this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

So were Stalin and Hitler.

Just so you know, Trump was nominated by a far-right politician in Norway. He is one of 318 nominees this year.

where's all the wars and drone strikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How can Trump defy science and not be contagious hours into getting Covid / he's100 hours in. It's crazy that he is allowed to spread it and possibly kill people, while his '' Soliders/ Doctors'' obey orders and back him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

fin12 wrote: »
    Can he not do the debate from a room in the White House , set up a video link, why does he have to be there in person and obviously shouldn’t go there in person.

See you're talking sense. You're miles away from his thought process!

Here: https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2019/5/8/18619206/under-donald-trump-drone-strikes-far-exceed-obama-s-numbers
    According to a 2018 report in The Daily Beast, Obama launched 186 drone strikes in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan during his first two years in office. In Trump’s first two years, he launched 238.

The Trump administration has carried out 176 strikes in Yemen in just two years, compared with 154 there during all eight years of Obama’s tenure, according to a count by The Associated Press and the Bureau of Investigative Journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

So, that's the line between getting a Nobel Peace Prize and not, what's to say trump won't get one for his work with North Korea....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

weisses wrote: »
    Ahhhh ... Just GTFO

Don't waste your time with trolls lad.

T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

trump hasn't even got to the danger period of COVID, the second week and he seems to be getting little rest. and after having needed oxygen at least twice already. he looked awful outside the white house, gasping for breath, squinting eyes. i would be very very worried if i were his doctor(s) and to be fair they did look worried at those press conferences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

So, that's the line between getting a Nobel Peace Prize and not, what's to say trump won't get one for his work with North Korea....?

Quite. He could share it with the dear leader..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Trumps drone numbers were rapidly approaching Obama's, and so iirc his administration decided to stop reporting them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Sorolla wrote: »
    This is marvelous news - our beloved leader has no symptoms
    This is a wonderful recovery - probably the greatest recovery ever known - it is beautiful - it is a beautiful thing

This is proof of the power of prayer - all the love and prayers that were offered up for our a great leader

Since the news broke of his positive test myself and a few other like minded folk held regular rosary sessions on Zoom and it is wonderful that our prayers were listened to

This man is the bravest and most courageous fighter on this planet

I have to say i was a big anti Trumper a few days ago but this president never ceases to amaze tbh.

4 more years from me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Which means.... sfa, unless he’s his own doctor now. Actually that’s a good strategy from the White House, let him manage his own virus, lower the risk of him infecting anyone else on the payroll :D

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/status/1313578646137954307

Pence refuses the use of plexi-glass between himself and Kamala Harris in their upcoming debate.

This is who Trump put in charge of the Corona virus task force. This is the direct result of an administration that refuses to take this virus seriously, even after the commander-in-chief has contracted it.

Like, what is the reasoning here? Surely any measure that helps stem the spread of Covid is something that should be promoted, not shunned.

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Like, what is the reasoning here? Surely any measure that helps stem the spread of Covid is something that should be promoted, not shunned.

Unbelievable.

The reasoning is simple: subterfuge.

The more time dedicated to nonsense translates to less time dedicated to real issues (while also uniting those who don't believe in COVID or even just the COVID restrictions).

Same with all the absolute nonsense coming from Trump since his diagnosis. He will never win over those against him, but they certainly can stop them from turning over those on the fence. How to do that? Fill the airwaves, the headlines and the internet with nonsense. Until everyone is choking in sh*t.

I can almost respect that as a political strategy in normal times, but since Trump got COVID and has been ramping up this rhetoric it is down right dangerous.

Edit to add: news broke Thu night? How much non trump COVID talk gas there been since then? 5 days if bs and now another 2 will be wasted on perspex screens.. yay for 'democracy'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have to say i was a big anti Trumper a few days ago but this president never ceases to amaze tbh.

4 more years from me
    Sure you were.... Wink wink

What specifically wonderous things Trump has done in the last few days caused this damascene like conversion? Tell me for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭briany

Now, that Trump is apparently totally free of all Covid symptoms, I expect he'll be giving a live press conference as soon as possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I was watching that video on the news and it does seem a bit off? Can’t put my finger on it.

Hope he’s alright though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

Presumably he is vulnerable to be infected with Covid immediately again. He has been given medication to restrict the virus and dampen its effects. The upshot of this is that the body is not fighting the virus as it normally would so there is no latent immunity from this. You're merely given a refrain from the effects of this infection.

It would be the ultimate justice were this cretin to be laid low a second time by the virus he so publicly makes little of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

threeball wrote: »
    Presumably he is vulnerable to be infected with Covid immediately again. He has been given medication to restrict the virus and dampen its effects. The upshot of this is that the body is not fighting the virus as it normally would so there is no latent immunity from this. You're merely given a refrain from the effects of this infection.

It would be the ultimate justice were this cretin to be laid low a second time by the virus he so publicly makes little of.

He's had antibody treatment, if it's effective which it appears to be it should prevent future infection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I assume all of these if they feel the effects of covid19 will be getting the same treatment as Donnie..

https://twitter.com/ChrisMarquette_/status/1313560451784081408?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I assume all of these if they feel the effects of covid19 will be getting the same treatment as Donnie..

https://twitter.com/ChrisMarquette_/status/1313560451784081408?s=19

Story below
    https://www.rollcall.com/2020/10/06/covid-19-cases-keep-rising-in-capitol-complex/

The count includes 46 Capitol Police employees, 42 Architect of the Capitol employees and 35 contractors working on the Cannon Building renovation project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Azatadine

He's had antibody treatment, if it's effective which it appears to be it should prevent future infection.

Antibodies don't last a long time. They are a treatment not a vaccine. They go in do their job and disappear. You need to engage T cells in the immune system to gain long term protection. They don't even engage unless there's a threat. This Regeneron is not a long term fix. Its a tool to save serious escalation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

528508.png

Azatadine wrote: »

No way they were recorded that close together. He has full makeup in the second one. He's also talking clearly in the first. I wouldnt be surprised if that was recorded before he was sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Mendelsohn33

threeball wrote: »
    No way they were recorded that close together. He has full makeup in the second one. He's also talking clearly in the first. I wouldnt be surprised if that was recorded before he was sick.

It's 50-50 at this stage.
    I mean I am very buttblasted and sore about orange trump being president.
    I was a moderator on a political discussion board in 2015 2016 and I bet all my eggs on hillary
    Now nobody respects my opinion on political matters
    So ya
    I will ban anybody
    Co's I was wrong.

I need to buy some trump butt salve cream because I was so wrong
    And every body sees it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Azatadine wrote: »

Looks strong. Robust.

Biden could be in trouble... BIG trouble! Things just got very interesting.

Just think what this could do to his ratings, if he beats covid in record time and then comes after frail old Joe!? Impressive. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

He will be grand.

Well he will survive this and make the poor and those who cannot access healthcare into idiots. Because there was nothing wrong with him in the first place. Drama Llama.

The man is odious. But we shall see. He managed to avoid the next debate anyway, which was probably the reality behind this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Stephen Miller positive for Covid.

From Cnn

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1313613741456588800?s=19

Advertisement