Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Trump in in the WH Hospital now. Just a an 8 mile trek to Walter Reed.

Wonder how Melania is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭maebee

The count includes 46 Capitol Police employees, 42 Architect of the Capitol employees and 35 contractors working on the Cannon Building renovation project

Trump thinks he's immune to covid. Everybody else thinks he's a super spreader of it.

Good that Biden and the Dems are keeping quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Wonder how Melania is?

Why is he there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Wonder how Melania is?

He will be giving her patie before the week is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Stephen Miller positive for Covid.

From Cnn

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1313613741456588800?s=19

Didn't his wife have it earlier in the year?

maebee wrote: »
    The count includes 46 Capitol Police employees, 42 Architect of the Capitol employees and 35 contractors working on the Cannon Building renovation project

Trump thinks he's immune to covid. Everybody else thinks he's a super spreader of it.[/QUOTE]

Yes the superspreader is usually the one that shows no symptoms. Trump is amazing for this deflection.

s1ippy wrote: »
    528508.png

I thought that was Steve Bannon for a second!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

2020 being the year it has been, I'm genuinely concerned that Trump will recover from Covid 19 over the next 2 weeks only for Biden to then get it before the election. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The White House is working from home

I repeat, the White House is working from home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

2020 being the year it has been, I'm genuinely concerned that Trump will recover from Covid 19 over the next 2 weeks only for Biden to then get it before the election. :(

Biden is nowhere near as physically robust as Trump... so he better hope he doesn't get it.

Besides, I want to see Trump beat Biden fair and square in the elections. None of that classless wishing death on your political adversary BS that the left were guilty of. That's no way to win! And no way to behave!

Biden is nowhere near as physically robust as Trump... so he better hope he doesn't get it.

Besides, I want to see Trump beat Biden fair and square in the elections. None of that classless wishing death on your political adversary BS that the left were guilty of. That's no way to win! And no way to behave!

Who in the left was guilty of doing so to the point where you think it was a demonstrative trait amongst them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Who in the left was guilty of doing so to the point where you think it was a demonstrative trait amongst them?

Don't be a zombie liberal all of your life. Open your eyes to the true nature of the left.

You'll feel better when you do, I promise! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Don't be a zombie liberal all of your life. Open your eyes to the true nature of the left.

You'll feel better when you do, I promise! :)

Yes but enough about me.

Please name who you saw do this to help form your opinion. If it is so obvious, then it will be easy to find significant and senior Left figures who did so.

That's comical. I'm one of the few posters on here who looks at things objectively instead of repeating mantras.

It's the posters who claim Trump said "They're rapists." or "They're good people." or "Inject bleach." that need to get back to real world events.

Sure, doesn't everyone.

Do you deny these are the Presidents words?

Washington Post
    When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Politifact
    "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

BBC
    "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

This is grimly funny, but it does actually raise a pretty serious question in a sidelong way.

When previous presidents lost their marbles or were in some way incapacitated, they had a tight enough circle around them to keep things basically functional. Trump's White House has always been a bit of a ****show, with massive staffing gaps and crazy churn, but he's been wandering around infecting some of the most important people in his government like a human bioweapon on top of that.

It seems to me a fairly enormous security and operational vulnerability to have the President, Joint Chiefs, and any other number of staffers either sick, quarantined, or working remotely, all at once, given the nature of their duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If I was looking to launch some sort of attack against the the USA or US forces now would probably be a pretty good time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

paw patrol wrote: »
    your point sounds great initially until you realise the actual nature of the secret service. They are obliged to be on top of him anyway - part of the the kudos of the job is to take the bullet and all that....so they'd be beside him anyway even if this was ebola.

They wouldn't be bringing home bullets to their spouses and kids though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

MadYaker wrote: »
    If I was looking to launch some sort of attack against the the USA or US forces now would probably be a pretty good time.
    Just before news broke of him testing positive, these turned on their locator beacons, Theres one on each coast

https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/1311883569086623744

https://twitter.com/RJLvegas/status/1311885073734492162

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Especially when this level of stupidity is unlikely to permeate the white house to this degree again for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Especially when this level of stupidity is unlikely to permeate the white house to this degree again for some time.

I think people have figured out that attacking the US using force is a waste of time and likely going to end up in your downfall. Putin has shown the way. Use their stupidity and vanity against them and install a puppet to dance to your tune. The US is collapsing without a bullet being fired and for less than the price of one ICBM.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

threeball wrote: »
    I think people have figured out that attacking the US using force is a waste of time and likely going to end up in your downfall.

Really?

Saudi Arabia seem to be doing fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

That would be a a very stupid thing to do for two reasons

1. You'd pay a very heavy price

2. It would get Trump re-elected. We love a war time president.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I was pretty annoyed with the white house doctor. He allowed himself to be politicized by cheerleading the president. I understand it is a great honor to serve the office holder regardless of the person who holds the office. He was so concerned to point out ho much work Trump is getting done etc, it went beyond a medical update. It's a rotten culture, these sychophantic environments, it's an indication of lack of integrity. Just give us an ETA and tell us his treatment is confidential and end the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

threeball wrote: »
    I think people have figured out that attacking the US using force is a waste of time and likely going to end up in your downfall. Putin has shown the way. Use their stupidity and vanity against them and install a puppet to dance to your tune. The US is collapsing without a bullet being fired and for less than the price of one ICBM.

And not to forget the China Virus.

If what POTUS says is taken at face value, that this is the fault of the Chinese, then how easy was it for the Chinese to completely knacker the US. The Economy, its politics, hell even the POTUS himself.

The US is still fighting old style wars. Warships, jets, missiles. What 9/11 showed, and again with this virus shows how vulnerable the US is to new types of threats and they have no ability to pivot.

Only 4 years ago Trump announced to great fanfare and still trying to get kids from it, that he was increasing the military budget by 50bn per year. Imagine if that money had been spent preparing the country to deal with a pandemic!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I was pretty annoyed with the white house doctor. He allowed himself to be politicized by cheerleading the president. I understand it is a great honor to serve the office holder regardless of the person who holds the office. He was so concerned to point out ho much work Trump is getting done etc, it went beyond a medical update. It's a rotten culture, these sychophantic environments, it's an indication of lack of integrity. Just give us an ETA and tell us his treatment is confidential and end the discussion.

I said it before, that man totally compromised his own professional integrity for Trump.

I'm sure that financially he will grand, but from a professional standpoint, he will find few of his peers will agree with his conduct.

To me, at least, that is a pretty high price to pay. To lose all respect in an area one has worked so hard to become so senior in.

But it happens to nearly everyone that gets involved with Trump. You sell you integrity for a piece of the action.

I'm not saying that any of them actually care, it seems that many are quite happy to trade one for the other, but its not something I would be in favour of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't think the dear leader believes in the power of rosary beads.
    Initially I thought this post was a joke... but seemingly not...
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-secretly-mocks-his-christian-supporters/616522/

If you read that article it appears unbelievable how the religious right have taken him to their bosom what with his views, his history, but it is perfectly understandable when you think they don't care so long as someone stacks the Supreme Court with right wingers.
    They are playing the long game.
    And when the Supreme Court is theirs, America is culturally going back centuries.

Also it is noticable how one shyster/huckster (Trump) can easily recognise others as in the dodgy evangelical preachers.
    Billy Mays wrote: »
    The White House is working from home

I repeat, the White House is working from home

A republican mouthpiece was arguing With Piers Morgan that Trump was ok to take off his mask because he was at his home.
    All the while ignoring the fact that only a tiny part of it is his official residence and it is a huge office complex with hundreds of people around.
    Stephen Miller positive for Covid.

From Cnn

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1313613741456588800?s=19

The more this happens the more I am beginning to believe there is a god or just karma actually exists.
    Miller is the Dominic Cummings of the US.
    He is a very dangerous person and is one of the few to have lasted within the Trump administration.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement