Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Disinfectant
    Hydroxychloroquine

Regeneron

The guy is the biggest spoofer out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

"Extremely young" might be the most disturbing thing he's said yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

"Extremely young" might be the most disturbing thing he's said yet.

Well if Trump actually is a shapeshifting immortal alien - and I haven't heard him deny it - then his current 74 earth-years would indeed be extremely young.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Trump suggests he may have caught Covid from meeting with Gold Star families.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/10/08/trump-gold-star-families-coronavirus-427875?__twitter_impression=true

Sometimes, I’d be in groups of, for instance, Gold Star families. I met with Gold Star families. I didn’t want to cancel that,” he said. “But they all came in, and they all talk about their son and daughter and father. And, you know, they all came up to me, and they tell me a story.”

The president proceeded to recount some of those interactions.

He said the family members would approach him to “tell me a story about, ‘My son, sir, was in Iraq.’ Or, ‘He was in Afghanistan.’ And, ‘Sir, he did this, and he did that, and then he charged in order to save his friends.’ And, ‘Yes, sir, he was killed, but he saved his friends. He’s so brave, sir.’”

Trump explained that as he was being told these stories about fallen soldiers, “I can’t say, ‘Back up, stand 10 feet,’ you know? I just can’t do it.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Trump explained that as he was being told these stories about fallen soldiers, “I can’t say, ‘Back up, stand 10 feet,’ you know? I just can’t do it.”

Bless his beautiful big heart, what a guy!

spin spin spin that virus all day long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

km991148 wrote: »

He can spin better than Pete Burns.

Tony EH wrote: »
    He can spin better than Pete Burns.

I actually went for sneaker pimps right there - was going to link it - but so many songs to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/10/08/trump-gold-star-families-coronavirus-427875?__twitter_impression=true

Sometimes, I’d be in groups of, for instance, Gold Star families. I met with Gold Star families. I didn’t want to cancel that,” he said. “But they all came in, and they all talk about their son and daughter and father. And, you know, they all came up to me, and they tell me a story.”

He said the family members would approach him to “tell me a story about, ‘My son, sir, was in Iraq.’ Or, ‘He was in Afghanistan.’ And, ‘Sir, he did this, and he did that, and then he charged in order to save his friends.’ And, ‘Yes, sir, he was killed, but he saved his friends. He’s so brave, sir.’”

What a sound guy to say that.

What a sound guy to say that.

absolutely - beautiful - almost made me cry - how they manage to shoehorn a whole narrative around meeting the families into a covid question.

Its simply brilliant - I am never not impressed by the lengths he will go to - simply beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

He could have picked anyone else except family of fallen soldiers that will not end well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I can't wait to see how his most vocal zealots on here spin this and tell us what he "really" meant.

He could have picked anyone else except family of fallen soldiers that will not end well

Don't think it matters. The point is to show what a guy he is meeting them. It won't matter that he is 'blaming' them he doesn't see it that way and it's accepted (mostly) that there is a virus and anyone can get it.

I don't actually believe people would be that close to him. I think he would be too freaked out to be as close to the great unwashed for any period if time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Don't think it matters. The point is to show what a guy he is meeting them. It won't matter that he is 'blaming' them he doesn't see it that way and it's accepted (mostly) that there is a virus and anyone can get it.

I don't actually believe people would be that close to him. I think he would be too freaked out to be as close to the great unwashed for any period if time.

You don't think the narative of Donald Trump blaming the family of dead soldiers is not going to be pick up and seized on

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sdanseo wrote: »
    Didn't notice the gasping so much but his hair's grey too. Not orange.

On the balcony he was wincing and gasping

Don't particularly like being the one to point this out, but the facts are the facts. There's loads of pictures of him close up to members of the general public, shaking hands, talking, letting them take selfies.

99876e8d-bc38-477e-89e3-1ceec83a86dc-large16x9_AP17245655943371.jpg

You don't think the narative of Donald Trump blaming the family of dead soldiers is not going to be pick up and seized on

Nah I don't think so. I don't think it will play out like that.

No one is going to push that as the will look like Di(ks. Unless the families themselves took umbrage, but I doubt it.

Don't particularly like being the one to point this out, but the facts are the facts. There's loads of pictures of him close up to members of the general public, shaking hands, talking, letting them take selfies.

99876e8d-bc38-477e-89e3-1ceec83a86dc-large16x9_AP17245655943371.jpg

Ye I thought maybe there would be. Was open to correction.. but too lazy to check :-D

Out of interest, how much has been going on during COVID?

Out of interest, how much has been going on during COVID?

He was referring specifically to an event he hosted on September 27th in the White House. The last sunday in September is officially "Gold Star Mother's Day", and there was the traditional (non-social distancing) event to honour it.

5f7f174e282c500018c794cd?width=900&format=jpeg&auto=webp

I think he's trying to limit blame being put on the Scotus assembly in the garden.

He's saying look these great Gold Star families did the same thing a few days earlier and I put myself at risk to meet them.

He's trying to paint it as were all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Unfortunately Fr. Billy O'Dwyer had already registered "The Spinmaster" for his DJ name of I'd have been right on it.

• Advertisement

Would be interesting to know if he was positive before either the SCOTUS event in the Garden on the 26th Sep or the Gold Star Family meeting on the 27th Sep.

He didn't test before the Tuesday debate on the 29th Sep.

It's not clear if he is being tested every day.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1314283787774291968?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Would be interesting to know if he was positive before either the SCOTUS event in the Garden on the 26th Sep or the Gold Star Family meeting on the 27th Sep.

He didn't test before the Tuesday debate on the 29th Sep.

It's not clear if he is being tested every day.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1314283787774291968?s=19

The only reason to keep that factoid secret is that it is politically damning for the President and the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,794 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Overheal wrote: »
    The only reason to keep that factoid secret is that it is politically damning for the President and the White House.

Jake Tapper won't let it go, and rightly so.

Trump is perfectly prepared to have a virtual rally with Rush Limbaugh (disgusting individual) but won't have a virtual debate with Biden.

No wonder #ChickenTrump is trending

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

And, what's the problem, exactly??

Trump spoke about them as a "for instance" when referring to how he meets with large groups of people on occasion and how it makes social distancing difficult.

I note the article omits from their cherry picked quotes that Trump referred to their stories as "really amazing actually - beautiful, but sad" and for that reason, given he OBVIOUSLY holds such families in high regard, he's not going to tell them to back up 12 feet, adding ".. frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it".

Only liberals could spin this as Trump saying something negative about Gold Star families, but another day, another nothing burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And, what's the problem, exactly??

Trump spoke about them as a "for instance" when referring to how he meets with large groups of people on occasion and how it makes social distancing difficult.

I note the article omits from their cherry picked quotes that Trump referred to their stories as "really amazing actually - beautiful, but sad" and for that reason, given he OBVIOUSLY holds such families in high regard, he's not going to tell them to back up 12 feet, adding ".. frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it".

Only liberals could spin this as Trump saying something negative about Gold Star families, but another day, another nothing burger.

Well it wouldn't be the first time he's done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,794 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

he OBVIOUSLY holds such families in high regard

The Khan family would like a word...

Course he did, he never commits to anything really. All woolly non committal language.

Spineless really, and now no debate for all sorts of excuses that could easily be solved by America..

Besides the spin here isn't something negative about gold star families. It's the fact he is using them to show how wonderful he is. All that talk about them wanting to get close to him to kiss him and thank him etc.

I'm not saying they did or didn't want to meet him, but why does he feel the need to talk about it, especially in the context of COVID?

Why is obvious- negative topic comes along, poor, poor broken ego can't handle it, tie in something good like how there was a queue of people waiting to hug and kiss him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

everlast75 wrote: »
    The Khan family would like a word...

They allowed themselves to be used as political pawns. There's always going to be fallout from that. Trump should have just not commented on them though, as the DNC were clearly baiting him but that's Trump, he says what he feels rather than regurgitate some pre-prepared politically correct spiel.

• Advertisement

They allowed themselves to be used as political pawns. There's always going to be fallout from that. Trump should have just not commented on them though, as the DNC were clearly baiting him but that's Trump, he says what he feels rather than regurgitate some pre-prepared politically correct spiel.

I don't know who the Khan family are, but I do recognise victim blaming when I see it..

Open to correction again as I can't even be bothered searching for it..

Advertisement