Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Trump's "make china pay" clip, it wasn't the lawn of the White House, it was in front of a green screen??? The comments on the thread say don't watch it on a phone, more noticeable on computer. The first clip I can see the loop using my phone..

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1314272947817852929?s=19
    trump seems a bit loopy... honestly his non-bitter self-depricating humour must mean he is on drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

People have gone to jail for spreading HIV virus with no care for anyone infected, how is that different from a contagious Trump, who refused to isolate, and in fact wants to get back out there to do more rallies.
    To knowingly spread a virus is a crime, to'' knowingly spread it'' it's criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I hope this doc has a better chance of getting a straight answer out of Trump than Hannity did.

https://twitter.com/rossgarber/status/1314533271645106176?s=20

I have this image of Dr. Nick from the Simspons strolling out and saying "Hi everybody!" before telling us that Trump can leap tall buildings in a single bound and bend iron with his hands.

I don't know if anyone has told Trump, but as cathartic as it may be to speak to a fawning yes man like Carlson, he isn't going to win over any new people. Carlson's viewers have already drank the cool aid.

Keep speaking to the converted. It won't help his cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

everlast75 wrote: »
    I hope this doc has a better chance of getting a straight answer out of Trump than Hannity did.

https://twitter.com/rossgarber/status/1314533271645106176?s=20

I have this image of Dr. Nick from the Simspons strolling out and saying "Hi everybody!" before telling us that Trump can leap tall buildings in a single bound and bend iron with his hands.

I don't know if anyone has told Trump, but as cathartic as it may be to speak to a fawning yes man like Carlson, he isn't going to win over any new people. Carlson's viewers have already drank the cool aid.

Keep speaking to the converted. It won't help his cause.

Someone needs to ask the good doctor if he's prepared to give Trump a proper medical examination with no PPE.

threeball wrote: »
    Someone needs to ask the good doctor if he's prepared to give Trump a proper medical examination with no PPE.

I've just realised that the reason he is doing this is because Nancy is talking 25th Amendment today. This is his "I'm fine - see????" card, so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I've just realised that the reason he is doing this is because Nancy is talking 25th Amendment today. This is his "I'm fine - see????" card, so to speak.

Can she not wait a few weeks or is she scared Trump will win again. Pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Can she not wait a few weeks or is she scared Trump will win again. Pretty pathetic.

My own thinking is that it is starting the process should he win again. Now, in saying that, its actually pretty meaningless AFAIK, the constitution is pretty clear that it is in the hands of the VP and cabinet, nothing to do with the House.

She does have every right to be scared, Trump is openly claiming that unless he wins he will not accept the result. He has spent weeks claiming the entire system is a mess, loads of fraud. Clearly, he is setting up for a challenge of the results.

Pelosi is setting the stage that as the fight goes on he is increasingly unable to be the POTUS, and possibly they get sideline him after he loses before he cn do too much damage prior to the inauguration.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

I thinks she's scared Trump will win again. Or that at least he'll do everything in his power to undermine/challenge the outcome if Biden wins. Trump is not about to go gently into that good night. He'll send in the armed neo-Nazis if he has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    I thinks she's scared Trump will win again. Or that at least he'll do everything in his power to undermine/challenge the outcome if Biden wins. Trump is not about to go gently into that good night. He'll send in the armed neo-Nazis if he has to.

I said at the start of the year that if Trump loses I think the militias kick off and I think that's more likely than ever now. When you see the proud boys being given a shout out in the Presidential debate, when you see the plot to attack the Michigan government buildings, attack police and kidnap the governor, you have to think that these entities are not going exit stage left and leave the prominent position he's given them lightly. White Supremacists, Miltias and other nefarious right wing groups will see it as their chance to challenge the system and I think it will get ugly.

Trump is on an unprecedented cocktail of drugs and is behaving like a lunatic.

She is bringing the nation's attention to the fact that the President's behaviour is not normal, which is correct.

But - he has said he is "cured" and is rolling out Dr. Nick to do some sort of live assessment, but she is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Leroy42 wrote: »
    AFAIK, the constitution is pretty clear that it is in the hands of the VP and cabinet, nothing to do with the House.

Nope, VP plus either the cabinet OR a group defined by law.

She is setting up an group to be an alternative to the Cabinet.

Of course it would need Pence, and that isn't happening. The real reason is so she can talk about Trump being insane from now until the election, in the process driving him insane.

This is why Nancy is talking about it...

https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/1314601583750131714?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Clearly, he is setting up for a challenge of the results.

Maybe. (It's certainly wise to be prepared for such a scenario).

Or maybe he's trying to keep the issue of potential cheating/fraud at the forefront of everyone's mind going into the final weeks... so that if something does go down, then everybody will have their eyes pealed to see it and react quickly.

If the dems do decide to rigg these elections, trump knows that he will possibly be relying on the average person on the street to potentially spot something dodgy and raise the alarm!

And of course the added pressure and scrutiny that he's creating, will possibly make it too difficult for anyone to accomplish whatever they have planned.

Maybe. (It's certainly wise to be prepared for such a scenario).

Or maybe he's trying to keep the issue of potential cheating/fraud at the forefront of everyone's mind going into the final weeks... so that if something does go down, then everybody will have their eyes pealed to see it and react quickly.

If the dems do decide to rigg these elections, trump knows that he will possibly be relying on the average person on the street to potentially spot something dodgy and raise the alarm!

And of course the added pressure and scrutiny that he's creating, will possibly make it too difficult for anyone to accomplish whatever they have planned.

Sorry, if the dems decide to rig the election? Where is that coming from? What evidence do you have of this great conspiracy. Maybe it was the 2000 election? Or maybe it was when they lost so many state seats during Obama. Or losing the majority in the Senate. Or losing the POTUS election, that everyone said they couldn't possibly lose.

But now all of a sudden they are this deep state machine in control of even the counting of votes? But not enough to take a majority in the Senate in 2018 which would have stopped Trump dead in his tracks, ensured they control SCOTUS picks, ensuring they would get impeachment through.

And at the same time they couldn't organise a primary earlier this year?

And let us not forget, Trump has been ignoring potential russian interference since he came to office. And as POTUS, if he was that worried about voting fraud, he could have ensured that the system were made more robust. INstead he, as usual, did nothing but now wants to act as if he is totally powerless and just wants the average person to act as invigalators.

Apology accepted. ;)

(As you clearly missed where I said "IF")

Politics is a dirty game. You can never rule anything in or out tbf.

Well, apart from the fact that Trump beats Biden in a fair election 99 times out of 100. That part I'd stake the farm on tbh! :D

Yep! So much so that he asked for help from Ukraine and got impeached for it?

And then, clever as he is, went out and asked China to do the same?

Or when Trump rubbished vote by mail yet used it himself and encouraged others to do so?

Or when the republican lead states removed drop off ballots?

Or when republican lead states pushed for notarised vote by mail?

Or were you talking about 2016?

When his campaign manager in 2016 shared internal polling with a Russian operative in three key states?

When Donny Junior met with another russian to dig up dirt on his then opponent, Hillary?

Or when he used the National Enquirer to run hit pieces on Hillary?

Yep! Nothing Trump wants more than a fair fight.

FFS

Trump is on an unprecedented cocktail of drugs and is behaving like a lunatic.

She is bringing the nation's attention to the fact that the President's behaviour is not normal, which is correct.

But - he has said he is "cured" and is rolling out Dr. Nick to do some sort of live assessment, but she is pathetic.

She also has everything to gain....

Overheal wrote: »
    Also very pro border camps

Definitely anti-Mexican, but it's ok for Irish to be illegals. Not sure about death penalty, don't want to go there. She's a bit undecided about guns, but not dead against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Definitely anti-Mexican, but it's ok for Irish to be illegals. Not sure about death penalty, don't want to go there. She's a bit undecided about guns, but not dead against them.

Illegal immigration for me but not thee?

I don't care how they do it... I only care that they get caught and punished if they do it.

And if Trump has any suspicion - no matter how small it is - then he is a smart cookie to prepare for such a scenario.

Sure, Trump could rig it. Anyone could... Chaos is the law of nature! ;)

I don't know the man well enough to say with 100% certainty that he wouldn't.

Of course I wouldn't accept a Trump win in a rigged election. And the Dems should wise up and follow Trump's lead. (If they haven't already)

The more people watching for fraud/cheating, the better chance we have of a fair election for everyone. :)

I'm just wondering, do you think previous elections were rigged?

Surely you care how they will go about it, as that is what Trump should have been working on to ensure the confidence in the system.

Seems, yet again, he was asleep at the wheel.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We have other threads for election talk. If it continues here I'll simply close the thread

• Advertisement

Apparently Trump is doing a live medical exam on Fox tonight?

We have been told the last few days that they won't tell when the last time he tested negative for Covid for privacy reasons, and now he is going to undergo a medical exam live on air!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Snip.. moved to other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We have been told the last few days that they won't tell when the last time he tested negative for Covid for privacy reasons, and now he is going to undergo a medical exam live on air!

The guy doing it is a complete stooge

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-doctor-fawns-over-extremely-sharp-trump-our-interview-was-a-cognitive-test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So seemingly the Regeneron drug that Trump was given was devised from an abortion cell. I would love to see the face on Trump the fake God believer when he hears that. Anyone that thinks he believes in God is a bigger fool. The only thing he believes in is money.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

AMKC wrote: »
    So seemingly the Regeneron drug that Trump was given was devised from an abortion cell. I would love to see the face on Trump the fake God believer when he hears that. Anyone that thinks he believes in God is a bigger fool. The only thing he believes in is money.

On two-hour interview with Rush Limbaugh today he called Regneron a "cure" a number of times (it isn't). Anyway the extreme hypocrisy and disingenuousness of the modern GOP will mean that, once it's saved their own skins, they'll doubtless turn around and either ban it or make it fantastically expensive, using the excuse that it was developed using aborted foetal cells. That's just what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It's ****ing straight out weird how throughout this pandimc he has had a medicine of the month and just pushes it like **** even if it's not FDA approved. Without so much as a seconds thought of the power of his words.

Lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

Could that be regarded as a "Fake" exam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

AMKC wrote: »

Sort of - but it is more a function of his narcissism. He associates with believing in God because he thinks that's something that is good/ good people do and gives a good impression. He doesn't believe in it as such, but wants to look like he is a good person and his template of what a good person is, is someone that believes in god.

If he were to believe in something, then he would see that it's something that requires work (i.e. to learn about the thing you believe in, or just be generally interested in) - but he is too lazy / disinterested to even do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

Betcha he gets all the questions wrong :P

Advertisement