Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It's ****ing straight out weird how throughout this pandimc he has had a medicine of the month and just pushes it like **** even if it's not FDA approved. Without so much as a seconds thought of the power of his words.

Lunatic.

There is never any thought to the power of his words. Its more weird the amount of people that hang on his words at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Odds on Tucker offering to cup Donnie's nutsack when the doctor asks him to cough?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

km991148 wrote: »
    There is never any thought to the power of his words. Its more weird the amount of people that hang on his words at this stage.

The ones that genuinely believe what he says are a certain class of people....very dull-witted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

trashcan wrote: »
    Betcha he gets all the questions wrong :P

Not a hope. All the answers are memorised.

Person
    Woman
    Man
    Camera
    TV

The ones that genuinely believe what he says are a certain class of people....very dull-witted.

Well yes and no.

Every one falls under the pressure of optimism bias and when there are only two choices in front of you (and you cannot choose one because idealistically it's against your politics) then it leaves no choice really.

Also, if you do start to believe something and then others start telling you that you are a moron for doing so, then what's gonna happen? A certain number will just double down on that belief.

Then if course there are those that backed Trump as he did represent genuine change.

Now at this stage you would like to think that everyone can see Trump for what he is (a very ill person with potentially multiple personality disorders), but unfortunately that's not really the case.

Throw in the constant tactics of destabilising the media (at a time when the media is going through some major commercial changes) and it's no wonder that when something like the current health crisis kicks off he can get away with this by calling science itself into doubt.

This is very dangerous because the President should have responsibility over his words and catching something like COVID would be the exact time to demonstrate his responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Apparently Trump is doing a live medical exam on Fox tonight?

We have been told the last few days that they won't tell when the last time he tested negative for Covid for privacy reasons, and now he is going to undergo a medical exam live on air!

Prostate check and everything?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Prostate check and everything?:eek:

Relax, I be a doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQo7Jh77gEo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

A repeat performance tomorrow. I wonder is it live.

He's also speaking at a rally in Florida on Monday.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1314667513884676098?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Does he think this medical exam is going to give him the right to a face to face debate with Biden without even getting tested? Its the only reason I can see that he's taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

threeball wrote: »
    Does he think this medical exam is going to give him the right to a face to face debate with Biden without even getting tested? Its the only reason I can see that he's taking it.

I would say so. It's a stunt to show what a big, strong, invincible boy he is. Not to mention that adulation from his adoring superfans, he simply can't live without that. So when Doctor Nick of course says 'This is the most magnificent specimen of manhood I've ever had the honour to examining' Trump will then of course accuse Biden of 'ducking out' of the debate if he doesn't say if or when he's last tested negative.

• Advertisement

You might have seen this before. It's Sarah Coopers sketch on a Trump test result.

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1314684858938142720?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Betcha he gets all the questions wrong :P

JKoutktMsCUN.gif

qbc9WBEpV8bo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

so that wasn't a medical exam, it was a propaganda interview

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

coronavirus is said to be recovering well after being infected with Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Nonsense! He cleared things right up... ish

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1314726995863900160?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Looking more and more likely that Trump hadn't tested negative before the debate with Biden.

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1314775505858637824

3 minutes 39 seconds is the most revealing point.

Looking more and more likely that Trump hadn't tested negative before the debate with Biden.

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1314775505858637824

3 minutes 39 seconds is the most revealing point.

Constant avoidance and attempts to change the narrative.

There is just no accountability on anything any more and as a society we don't even put a value on it.

This is why I think he might get away with the handling of this virus. No one really cares.

Incidentally, we often talk about bias in the media. I think it's more like lack of journalistic integrity. When do you ever see anyone trying to get the answers to a question like that interviewer? Either they are too afraid of not getting future interviews or just don't care and get dragged into the narrative the interviewee wants to push.

km991148 wrote: »
    Constant avoidance and attempts to change the narrative.

There is just no accountability on anything any more and as a society we don't even put a value on it.

This is why I think he might get away with the handling of this virus. No one really cares.

Incidentally, we often talk about bias in the media. I think it's more like lack of journalistic integrity. When do you ever see anyone trying to get the answers to a question like that interviewer? Either they are too afraid of not getting future interviews or just don't care and get dragged into the narrative the interviewee wants to push.

Yes, she was good and dogged (in the nicest sense of the word!)

Jeremy Paxman used to get his teeth into the questioning - and the interviewee

It's the closest thing to classic Paxman I've heard in a long time, and it's still far from actual Paxman!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

the increased media has a major part in this. Paxman could do that becuase essentially he was the only game in town.

Nowadays the reach of any particular media outlet is limited so governments can simply bypass them to get the message out.

So media are forced to thread carefully to avoid being excluded, and thus losing more market share.

But that interview highlights a very serious issue. Did the POTUS attend that debate knowing, or even suspecting he was positive? Why wasn't THE POTUS being tested everyday? Who was letting people get so close as to infect the most important person in the country. If this was a shooter, an investigation would already be underway. With this it appears they just want to sweep it under the carpet.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But that interview highlights a very serious issue. Did the POTUS attend that debate knowing, or even suspecting he was positive? Why wasn't THE POTUS being tested everyday? Who was letting people get so close as to infect the most important person in the country. If this was a shooter, an investigation would already be underway. With this it appears they just want to sweep it under the carpet.

A very serious issue indeed that would potentially bury any other leader at any other time in out history, but tight now is just a footnote in the list if ridiculous, dangerous, delusional actions that goes on these days.

No integrity, no care. We (all of us) have managed to fcuk ourselves so hard it's hard to see how to get out if this mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Holy Shít, Trump is going hosting another super spreader event at the white house tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the motley crew of simpletons that show up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Boggles wrote: »
    Holy Shít, Trump is going hosting another super spreader event at the white house tomorrow.

Is it not tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Boggles wrote: »

Apparently he's addressing them from a balcony and won't actually be meeting anyone as far as I can tell. Donny has had a tough few days and he needs to be able to stand in front of a cheering crowd for a few minutes to recharge the old ego as its surely taking a battering. That's literally the only reason for this.

Rte saying that Trump said he was told he was near death at one stage. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere.
    https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1170647/?__twitter_impression=true

But in his Limbaugh interview, Mr Trump suggested for the first time that he had been close to death, had it not been for his aggressive regimen of therapeutic drugs.

"I'm talking to you today because of it. I could have been a bad victim," he said, adding that doctors told him: "You were going into a very bad phase".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

Rte saying that Trump said he was told he was near death at one stage. I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere.
    https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1170647/?__twitter_impression=true

But in his Limbaugh interview, Mr Trump suggested for the first time that he had been close to death, had it not been for his aggressive regimen of therapeutic drugs.

"I'm talking to you today because of it. I could have been a bad victim," he said, adding that doctors told him: "You were going into a very bad phase".

Yeah, but you literally cannot believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. In fact if he says it, my default position is its not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

pic from his "rally" or whatever just a few hours ago showing plasters on his hand. looks like they're still pumping him full of drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

everlast75 wrote: »
    Nonsense! He cleared things right up... ish

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1314726995863900160?s=19

There's a scale for the test ? This is news to me, I thought it was a binary thing. Either you have the virus or you don't. I realise symptoms can be more severe in some, but surely the test doesn't show that ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

There's a scale for the test ? This is news to me, I thought it was a binary thing. Either you have the virus or you don't. I realise symptoms can be more severe in some, but surely the test doesn't show that ?.

There is and it tells you your IQ level as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is no one both sides equally respect.
    Hence whatever exam/interview is conducted the other side will find something to complain about.

Advertisement