Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet again the Irish get screwed for Xbox Rewards

Options
  • 02-10-2020 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭

This issue has been ongoing for years now.

Basically other countries can rack up tens thousands of points to put towards Microsoft purchases (like the new xbox etc). But yet time and again we get the bare minimum and not allowed take part in their extra quests and promotions.

Like points for daily searches, using bing for this and that quiz.

Today many countries in Europe, Canada, Australia ....AND EVEN THE UK ... have access to 10000 point extra quest for Hall of Fame .

I wouldn't mind but Ireland is one of the major Global hubs for Microsoft so I'm sure we look after them well in terms of their 'book-keeping' if you know what I mean.

So... What I think we should do is complain.

If anyone is interested then just reply with "yes" to this post then we can come up with a way to make some noise. Even if it's just a matter of submitting a ticket on the rewards report page.

(And please don't suggest VPNs ).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭djan

I'd definitely get behind some sort of petition to Microsoft. The irony of having a huge base here and not supporting it is brutal.

US for example can quite easily rack up enough points to get free monthly gamepass ultimate (worth around 15EUR/m) with some to spare for other things.

Sure it's a tiny thing in the grand scheme of things but the principle of it is annoying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've never managed to get it working, o always get an account permission error or some such

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

im behind it mainly due to them taking parking spots that i used to use for their new headquarters.

not suggesting vpns but do they work for rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭djan

recyclops wrote: »
    im behind it mainly due to them taking parking spots that i used to use for their new headquarters.

not suggesting vpns but do they work for rewards

Careful with VPNS as a lot of the time they let you rack up points but ban the account when you try to redeem them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

this idea would interest me, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be treated equally with regards to rewards points available to us.

it is already a grind as it is without the same reward for the same effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

Any thoughts on where to complain?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Deleted a few off topic posts. The pros and cons of console vs PC is irrelevant to this topic (and arguably the entire forum).

Don't respond to this post on thread, any issues send a PM.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think the issue with work arounds is the points carry over to a different regions store instead of our own.

Is my assumption correct?

djan wrote: »
    Careful with VPNS as a lot of the time they let you rack up points but ban the account when you try to redeem them.

Yeah I'm proof of that!!!!! 30k in points down the swanny and mocked on a daily basis by rewards pop ups on my console :mad:

Yeah I'm proof of that!!!!! 30k in points down the swanny and mocked on a daily basis by rewards pop ups on my console :mad:

Oh ****, did your account get banned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Oh you got me worried now, I always rack up points when I am in Northern Ireland or travelling.

Oh ****, did your account get banned?

No no nothing that dramatic, just banned from rewards. I appealed twice claiming I was using my work pc during the day with a legit UK IP and my Xbox in the evening with an Irish IP and they were having none of it. In reality I was royally gaming the system in both UK and US regions via work domains in the UK and US as well as tor and my Irish Xbox .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No no nothing that dramatic, just banned from rewards. I appealed twice claiming I was using my work pc during the day with a legit UK IP and my Xbox in the evening with an Irish IP and they were having none of it. In reality I was royally gaming the system in both UK and US regions via work domains in the UK and US as well as tor and my Irish Xbox .

Haha, fair enough so. I remember having to get on to them about swapping my Xbox 360 region, as I couldn't claim the games with gold while I was in the UK. Guy kept asking me what my region actually was, and I was really confused by it, eventually told him that there should only be two there, and I don't know why he was banging on about it.

He said "sir, you have nine different regions on your account", and it was then that I remembered adding all those addresses all over the world to claim amazing deals on all the foreign marketplaces. I say he knew well what I was doing, particularly when my response was "OOOOooooooohhhhhhhhhh, riiiiiiight, right, right........ *cough* well, I have no idea why I've got that many regions at all." I was so smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Haha, fair enough so. I remember having to get on to them about swapping my Xbox 360 region, as I couldn't claim the games with gold while I was in the UK. Guy kept asking me what my region actually was, and I was really confused by it, eventually told him that there should only be two there, and I don't know why he was banging on about it.

He said "sir, you have nine different regions on your account", and it was then that I remembered adding all those addresses all over the world to claim amazing deals on all the foreign marketplaces. I say he knew well what I was doing, particularly when my response was "OOOOooooooohhhhhhhhhh, riiiiiiight, right, right........ *cough* well, I have no idea why I've got that many regions at all." I was so smooth.

Ah, those summers in singapore and Autumns in Sao Paulo, it seems like a lifetime ago now. :cool:

Ok a few things I've come up with...

Xbox forum discussion
    Link here, login and ask why Ireland isn't included in many rewards and quests.

Microsoft Rewards Support:
    Click here

You could go all out and talk to a human !
    Click here

If anyone does get through maybe post here!

Treppen wrote: »
    Ok a few things I've come up with...

Microsoft Rewards Support:
    Click here

If anyone does get through maybe post here!

So I emailed this and I got this autoresponse within the half hour

We're sorry but we're currently unable to provide assisted support. We're working hard to get back up as quickly as possible. Please check out support.microsoft.com for our other support options and latest status.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Got this during the night then.

Good day! This is Mark from Microsoft Rewards support and I am reaching out regarding your Service Request.

Thank you for contacting us. I understand that you're inquiring about the daily streak offer, dashboard not fully available and hall of fame competitions. We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Allow me to clarify things for you.

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that these features are not yet available for your region. We appreciate your enthusiasm about the program and we would like to assure you that our Product Group is making all efforts provisioning all regions with a variety of offers.

Please continue to check your Microsoft Rewards account for promotions or your email for special offers

Fairly generic and reads like a bot, didn't answer the main question which is why?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

recyclops wrote: »
    Fairly generic and reads like a bot, didn't answer the main question which is why?

Simple answers really, Ireland is so small that it's not worth the effort, and they couldn't be arsed.

Are rewards activities worth pursing given how we are left out of many rewards boosting activities?

Are rewards activities worth pursing given how we are left out of many rewards boosting activities?

It's a slog but after 3 months I've about €30 in the bank. Other countries would get this after 1 month!! It would be quicker money delivering takeaways for a few nights. But it only takes about 15 mins per day on average.
    I've come across some really good games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

More a less the same sh1te here:

Good Day!

I hope you’re doing fine today. This is Ella of Microsoft Rewards support handling your service request.

I am sorry if other offer was not available in your area, I know how it feel for not having all opportunities that others have. No worries, rest assured that this will be raise to our product group.

For now, we’re going to close this ticket and we do appreciate your time and effort for providing feedback. If you need further assistance in your Microsoft Rewards account, please reply to this email and we’ll be glad to further assist you.

Again thank you for your time and keep safe!

Sincerely,

Ella

Microsoft Rewards support

CatInABox wrote: »
    Simple answers really, Ireland is so small that it's not worth the effort, and they couldn't be arsed.

Austria and Sweden aren't that much bigger.
    But I agree they couldn't be arsed, unless we complain !
    I'm going to annoy then again.

They have a Twitter page also https://mobile.twitter.com/xboxsupport?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Treppen wrote: »
    Austria and Sweden aren't that much bigger.
    But I agree they couldn't be arsed, unless we complain !
    I'm going to annoy then again.

They have a Twitter page also https://mobile.twitter.com/xboxsupport?lang=en

Couldn't they just lump the whole EU in together? Can't be that difficult.

Couldn't they just lump the whole EU in together? Can't be that difficult.

You'd think seeing as how it's all euro. Although they'd probably have to be careful to separate their operations. Tax and all that.

Advertisement