Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scarlets vs Munster, Sat 3rd Oct 3pm; Eir Sport & TG4

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Absolutely brilliant to see a young player hit a clutch kick like that. Will do his confidence going into this season a world of good.

I can't remember a game where a team finished on 27 points without scoring a try. 9 kickable penalties conceded is diabolical though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

schmoo2k wrote: »
    He lost it (I didn't think forward as it was turned over), then the scarlett player fell on top of it sealing it off - penalty.

If a player loses a ball then it’s not in possession and can be dived on.

Enjoyed that game.

Thought Munster were completely hosed at 50 - 60 mins but great effort and determination to find a way back in.

Worrying though - two of those tries were soft enough and the penalty count was dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I know it's becoming a trope at this stage but.....dat ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

If a player loses a ball then it’s not in possession and can be dived on.

Not when its been successfully turned over by a Scarletts player and a second player comes in and seals it off? (thats what it looked like to me at the time anyway)

• Advertisement

Gavin Coombes was impressive. Amazing work to get back and save a try by the big man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Enjoyed that game.

Thought Munster were completely hosed at 50 - 60 mins but great effort and determination to find a way back in.

Worrying though - two of those tries were soft enough and the penalty count was dire.

Another way of looking at it is munster were poor, yet still scored 3 tries away from home and didn't really look like conceding.

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Not when its been successfully turned over by a Scarletts player and a second player comes in and seals it off? (thats what it looked like to me at the time anyway)

It was lost forward plain as day.
    A number of terrible refereeing calls but that’s what you expect from the pro12-14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Another way of looking at it is munster were poor, yet still scored 3 tries away from home and didn't really look like conceding.

TBF, We didn't look like conceding because Scarlets took the 3 points every single time they had an opportunity which was a perfectly understandable strategy given that they had Halfpenny in such good form

I think the conditions did not help, the first few penalties against Munster were from players slipping at the breakdown and going off their feet

The First POM yellow was very soft, that kind of clear out happens multiple times in every game, even in this game, the Scarlets did the same thing later on without even conceding a penalty

Early on, our decision making was very poor, I know its the first game of the season, but there were some silly decisions that wasted good attacking positions.

JJ played... fine I suppose, couple of big mistakes, missing touch and that kick (wasn't a gimme but he should have got it)

Healy and Cronin made a really positive impact off the bench.

After the first half, I would have been ok with a LBP, happy with a draw, and didn't expect a win at all, so the final 10 minutes was epic and the way they just refused to lie down and take their beating is the most encouraging aspect of this performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

A number of terrible refereeing calls but that’s what you expect from the pro12-14.

We have Peypar to look forward to next year in the Pro-16

yay

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »

yay

The rugby championship will be gutted by his absence.

It's an excellent result - very rare to account for a score difference like that in the final 20. Scarlets seemed to have more confidence in Halfpenny kicking 3 than Jones kicking down the wings and the fact that they continually took the points shows how much they respect Munster.

But the standard was poor. Irish teams seem to be struggling with breakdown rules / timing etc and Munster are no different. Scarlets look a shadow of themselves and didn't back themselves in possession.

It was a fantastic kardashian, just with a heap of caveats.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Akrasia wrote: »

yay

He's going to be TMO. The replays will be Peyper-view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I've only watched the last 10 minutes but to salvage a win from the position following Halfpenny's three pointer on halfway is both impressive and mad.

I've only watched the last 10 minutes but to salvage a win from the position following Halfpenny's three pointer on halfway is both impressive and mad.

It is literally not worth anyone's time to watch the first 65 minutes of that game, just watch the last 15 and you're good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It is literally not worth anyone's time to watch the first 65 minutes of that game, just watch the last 15 and you're good.

Nah, you need to watch the whole game to appreciate Munster coming back from the dead. JJ is proving very unreliable between missing penalties and kicking the ball dead he had a poor game - again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Yea watched it again and it he did lose the ball (which the Scarlett player immediatly grabbed). Think the initial pass may have been forward as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

It was a fantastic kardashian, just with a heap of caveats.

a what now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

a what now

8f0O.gif

just with a heap of caveats

a what now
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    [IMG]https:[/IMG]

just with a heap of caveats

I'm starting to accept that this is not as established a meme as I think it is but:

• Advertisement
Advertisement