Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footpath access points

• 02-10-2020 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just preparing to lay footpaths around back of house and looking for advice if possible. I have my mains water pipe coming from pump in garage into house and there is a on/off connector tap situated right where I’m laying footpaths and am wondering is a standard AJ riser and cover sufficient to set on it for future access or is there another type of cover I should use for this? Iv attached a photo of what I’m trying to explain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hi folks,
    Just preparing to lay footpaths around back of house and looking for advice if possible. I have my mains water pipe coming from pump in garage into house and there is a on/off connector tap situated right where I’m laying footpaths and am wondering is a standard AJ riser and cover sufficient to set on it for future access or is there another type of cover I should use for this? Iv attached a photo of what I’m trying to explain

You'll be looking for a stopcock box. Google.

Can be got in plastic or cast iron. Aesthetics up to you I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Why do you need the tap for the pipe? Isn't it a bit redundant when you can just switch the pump off? I'd just dig out and put a small concrete block either side of it and then pack out with more blocks if necessary and put a square of flag stone on top. No reason you can't burry that tap and put another one in where its more convenient. To save buying a new tap if you get a Pilmac joiner the same size you can swap it out for the tap and put the tap in somewhere else (needs to be nearby as you need to be able to pull through a but of pipe as the joiner is slightly shorter than the tap).

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why do you need the tap for the pipe? Isn't it a bit redundant when you can just switch the pump off? I'd just dig out and put a small concrete block either side of it and then pack out with more blocks if necessary and put a square of flag stone on top. No reason you can't burry that tap and put another one in where its more convenient. To save buying a new tap if you get a Pilmac joiner the same size you can swap it out for the tap and put the tap in somewhere else (needs to be nearby as you need to be able to pull through a but of pipe as the joiner is slightly shorter than the tap).

There should be a stop cock in front of the pump controller. i.e between pump and controller. Good practice for maintenance.

Advertisement