Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party questioning Travellers intelligence?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I wont eat beef and dairy, but anyway the beef and dairy produced in Ireland is nearly all for other countries so most of them aren't feeding us anyway.

If you're not eating it - why are you surprised that Irish produce is purchased by other people who appreciate foodstuffs produced here - and that includes the EU and elsewhere. Or maybe you suggesting we should all go back to the stone age and not export anything? That said where those who are fond of flying abroad on a regular basis - is it that holidays in Ireland are not good enough?

Tbh your comment sounds like like the usual stuff the green party comes out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

jackboy wrote: »
    The country is full of slatted sheds now which have turned out to be a disaster for the environment. Also, large scale conifer plantations are another disaster.

Again ,no major forestation since the nineties when Coillte were drawing ten times the cost in EU grants, Lots of slatted sheds are empty and none built since 2009, I'd a badger on the street a few nights ago, foxes and deer regularly walk past the house, there are multiple species of birds eating off my bird feeders and bees buzzing around the flower pots , Greens are spreading total BS and you appear to be swallowing it wholesale, Irish countryside is in better shape now than it was a hundred years ago but that doesn't suit the Green narrative, they preach about rising sea levels but I haven't seen any sea walls or other flood defences being built, Coastal erosian is a huge problem but not so much as a pebble has being laid to counteract it, Truth is the Irish Green party are nothing but a front for big finance, people aren't borrowing like they used to so this new tactic is to fill the coffers .

Yurt! wrote: »
    ...They have an image problem in rural areas, but then again there are parts (only parts mind you) of rural Ireland that are completely resistant to sensible planning and a farming lobby that for the longest time thought it was their constitutioanal right to harm our shared environment (again, they're slowly coming around to the ideas that the environment is there for us all).

Not at you particulary but I've seen this type of frankly daft ****e repeated by various Green interests ad nasuem and it keeps getting repeated.

Try walking into your local factory manager in Clondakin or wherever and have a go at him for
    thinking he has a "constitutioanal right to destroy our shared environment" and see how far that gets you, whilst demanding he stops / reduces production because you and your friends want to have a frolick in the carpark.

The green party have more than an "image problem" imo - it would appear they have a problem with basic reality...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

The Green Party think they are smarter than most people.

Most people are smart enough to know not to vote the Green Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

gozunda wrote: »
    Not at you particulary but I've seen this type of frankly daft ****e repeated by various Green interests ad nasuem and it keeps getting repeated.

Try walking into your local factory manager in Clondakin or wherever and have a go at him for
    having thinking he has a "constitutioanal right to destroy our shared environment" and see how far that gets you, whilst demanding he stops / reduces production because you are your friends want to have a frolick in the carpark.

The green party have more than an "image problem" imo - it would appear they have a problem with basic reality...

You have form Gozzie. You flirt with climate change denial and bunk science on the regular. You are precisely the type of head in the clouds person I referenced in my post. You don't own the environment, you have property rights in a very small part of the rural part of our country.

Your hostility to the Green Party and any sort of environmental agenda is unsurprising, and you could take some of your own advice about reality. Month by month, year by year, your "I'll do what the f*ck I want" agenda is getting picked apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Thanks, what dumb party do you vote for?

You have form Gozzie. You flirt with climate change denial and bunk science on the regular. You are precisely the type of head in the clouds person I referenced in my post. You don't own the environment, you have property rights in a very small part of the rural part of our country.

Your hostility to the Green Party and any sort of environmental agenda is unsurprising, and you could take some of your own advice about reality. Month by month, year by year, your "I'll do what the f*ck I want" agenda is getting picked apart

To be fair, they do have a point, the individual has severe limits in what they can do about our environmental issues, many green movements default to the individual in trying to change this, even though it's critical that we change on an individual basis, this problem is extremely complex

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Yamanoto wrote: »
    cultural Marxists

528242.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭emaherx

We import 3.47m tonnes (mt) of animal feed from South America

Don't see how it's relevant to this discussion. But you are wrong, not sure where you pulled that figure from, but that's more like the average import total which is from about 70 different countries including near neighbors like the UK.

I won't disagree that any feed imported from the likes of brazil is too much but what has that got to do with the greens feeling the need to use small words while talking to rural people? I guess I'd need to be a well educated urban dweller to understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Again ,no major forestation since the nineties when Coillte were drawing ten times the cost in EU grants, Lots of slatted sheds are empty and none built since 2009, I'd a badger on the street a few nights ago, foxes and deer regularly walk past the house, there are multiple species of birds eating off my bird feeders and bees buzzing around the flower pots , Greens are spreading total BS and you appear to be swallowing it wholesale, Irish countryside is in better shape now than it was a hundred years ago but that doesn't suit the Green narrative, they preach about rising sea levels but I haven't seen any sea walls or other flood defences being built, Coastal erosian is a huge problem but not so much as a pebble has being laid to counteract it, Truth is the Irish Green party are nothing but a front for big finance, people aren't borrowing like they used to so this new tactic is to fill the coffers .

Lots of conifer plantations in recent times where I am from have destroyed land which was not determined to be suitable for farming. The good land then is drowned in slurry and covered in fertiliser, lots of which is washed into rivers. Very few wildflowers can survive on that land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The type of science I do brings me in contact with the media in the UK and US a fair bit. I'm generally briefed by a media training team to talk about the science in a way that makes it accessible to "a Daily Mail reader, Brexit voter or Trump supporter".

You might think it's offensive but it's practical. These groups have continually demonstrated repeated misunderstanding or misrepresentation of science.

Well you see Yurt! Frankly that's all bollocjs! And more of your usual ad hom which is not unexpected.

Not into 'climate denial or 'bunk' whatever the fuk that is lol

Just dont like the usual bulk**** my friend.

But you are correct in one small way - no one owns the environment especially the denizens of the green party

But do go try and slap a few urban business owners with the usual - "Im personally going to tell you what I want" and you'll be told to fek right off and rightly so

What's with the party political broadcasts on behalf of the gree party? Imo If they're paying people - its certainly not working :D

One thing for sure the 'green party' don't have a clue about science. They're simply looking to get bums on seats. Anything else and you're coding yourself.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The type of science I do brings me in contact with the media in the UK and US a fair bit. I'm generally briefed by a media training team to talk about the science in a way that makes it accessible to "a Daily Mail reader, Brexit voter or Trump supporter".

You might think it's offensive but it's practical. These groups have continually demonstrated repeated misunderstanding or misrepresentation of science.

Own goal there again. Problem is the greens are not talking about science - its the spin from Rodger of D4 and friends who believe no-one anywhere else outside the greater Dublin area has ever had an education or is up to speed on major environmental issues. And frankly thats complete and utter horse****.

Aligning travelling people and all rural people with "Daily Mail reader, Brexit voter or Trump supporters" or similar is not only frankly stupid - it clearly delimitates the 'them' and 'us' mentality of the usual green pary faithfull. Thankfully they are a tiny minority and get more airtime than they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

gozunda wrote: »
    Own goal there again. Problem is the greens are not talking about science - its their spin from Rodger of D4 who believes no-one anywhere else outside the greater Dublin area has ever had an education or is up to speed on major environmental issues. And frankly thats complete and utter horse****.

Aligning travelling people and all rural people with "Daily Mail reader, Brexit voter or Trump supporters" or similar is not only a frankly stupid - it clearly delimitates the 'them' and 'us' mentality of the usual green pary faithfull. Thankfully they are a tiny minority and get more airtime than they deserve.

I should have been clearer in my post. I was stating the bit quoted below:

Only refers to Mail readers, Brexit voters or Trump supporters.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I should have been clearer in my post. I was stating the bit quoted below:

Only refers to Mail readers, Brexit voters or Trump supporters.

Maybe so - however the deliberate targeting of science reporting by readership does not equate to the green party approach of desperately trying to gain seats. Especially where they've just shot themselves in the foot again. And they can't even try to blame the proverbial 'angry farmer with the shotgun' who they fondly imagine inhabits the darker recesses of rural Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Thanks, what dumb party do you vote for?

If I hurt your feelings I apologize.

If I hurt your feelings I apologize.

not at all, the only dump vote, is the one not used

Advertisement