Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC speakers

Options
  • 03-10-2020 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Im looking at building myself a new system for gaming and Id like to go with a white case. So, Id like to get some speakers in white to match. I always liked THX speakers, I've always had Logitech THX 5.1 speaker systems but, most speaker years ago and now come in a black colour. I cant find any in white with THX. Theres a few silver logitech 5.1 systems which are nice but years old Would they hold up for a gaming PC nowadays ? Anyone know of other brand names that do THX speakers in white ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Ones that take hdmi cable as digital sound comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

STEE wrote: »
    Im looking at building myself a new system for gaming and Id like to go with a white case. So, Id like to get some speakers in white to match. I always liked THX speakers, I've always had Logitech THX 5.1 speaker systems but, most speaker years ago and now come in a black colour. I cant find any in white with THX. Theres a few silver logitech 5.1 systems which are nice but years old Would they hold up for a gaming PC nowadays ? Anyone know of other brand names that do THX speakers in white ?

I still have some really old THX Logitechs and they work great, only issue is they require optical out, and don't support HDMI, so you can either buy a splitter or look for more modern speakers. Beware of any HDCP issues if you watch Blu Rays or whatever, as I don't think HDCP will like a splitter, not an expert though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Tendak-Extractor-Optical-Converter-HDMI-Audio/dp/B01850K40M

I have these from 2004, Logitech Z-5500, and they still work great in the kids gaming room, as an example, and I have a few years newer model in the living room.

Advertisement