Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Should be a red for Dallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dallas booked.
    Could have been red but lucky escape for Dallas.

How does VAR let that go? I don't get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    I just can't get to grips with this season. Nothing I do works. I had 1 penalty in my favour all season. Penalties flying around, now I have a captain penalty taker and they've just shut down penalties.

Hard to stay motivated. 12 points from De Bruyne (c), Mahrez, Lamptey and DCL. 7 to play but 2 of them are Villa like.

Foden has ruined City for me in FPL. Bring back David Silva.

Dry your eyes, I was 5.4m going into today

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will take that Sterling capt goal and run. Really wasn't impressed with City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FT 1-1

As a non KdB captainer that was good result

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Another day of blanks and misery. And another captain fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

How does VAR let that go? I don't get that.

Given the benefit he slipped somewhat in the conditions I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ace2007 wrote: »
    FT 1-1

As a non KdB captainer that was good result

Looked around me in the leagues a lot of people had him as (c). I didn’t so that’ll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No one in the Newcastle Burnley game now.

4 from 3 (-4)

As a non KDB captainer, I'll take that.

And I thought I was gonna have a big week :pac: This game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Two weeks in a row I've had DeByrune captained and he's cost me in my money league ffs. No one around me has him!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

There's a chance City unravel I think, will avoid them until it's clear they won't.

Dreadful day. Need captain Salah, Barnes and the Wolves lads to save me.

Paying a heavy price for overlooking Everton assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

42 (-4) from 5.

I’ll snap that up given how horrific my season has been so far this season.

Wilson up next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

I just can't get to grips with this season. Nothing I do works. I had 1 penalty in my favour all season. Penalties flying around, now I have a captain penalty taker and they've just shut down penalties.

Hard to stay motivated. 12 points from De Bruyne (c), Mahrez, Lamptey and DCL. 7 to play but 2 of them are Villa like.

Foden has ruined City for me in FPL. Bring back David Silva.
    I'm sorry but it's no one's fault you own 2 Villa players but your own.

Lamptey is a classic example of a bandwagon, did you really expect him to continue his rate of scoring after one game?

Pep ruins City, why in the name of God is he playing KDB so deep when he's playing without a striker. The man should have a free role off Sterling not tracking back doing the donkey work that Foden should be doing. I agree on Foden btw, he's awful. Mahrez is greedy and not a team player like KDB. All about him.

City are going backwards. Liverpool will walk the title this season.

I'll keep KDB but it'll be a long time before he gets the armband.

22 from 4, threading water I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lundstram wrote: »
    Villa don't play Liverpool every week. I really don't understand your point here. Do you?

Villa don't play Liverpool every week. I really don't understand your point here. Do you?
    You're moaoning about owning two Villa players, you bought them. Why? Did you not realise they play Liverpool in GW4?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

42 (-4) from 5.

I’ll snap that up given how horrific my season has been so far this season.

Wilson up next.

20 from 2 with Wilson in this too. Expecting 13 points from him tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

As a non City owner or Leeds owner that is delightful

You're moaoning about owning two Villa players, you bought them. Why? Did you not realise they play Liverpool in GW4?
    I think if you read my post properly you will find that is not what I was moaning about. I added that bit as merely as mention of the chances of me turning this week around.

• Advertisement

I think Villa will be great assets after this week. I brought Grealish in last week, 8 pts, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets something tomorrow. Then a fantastic run of about 12 games

Is this the earliest the leagues been over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Green&Red wrote: »

Wouldn't be so sure on Everton yet...

I think Villa will be great assets after this week. I brought Grealish in last week, 8 pts, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets something tomorrow. Then a fantastic run of about 12 games
    Me too. I wasn't complaining about having them at all, but the chances of them turning this week around for me, probably aren't that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

31 points with Salah, TAA, Robbo, Podence, Adams and KWP left.

Hamez the hero of the day.

Another captain fail this gameweek is a pity. My decision was either De Bruyne or Salah.

I had said to a mate last night after Mane was ruled out that Salah often does well when Sadio is not playing but I went for KDB in the end because I figured there would be a glut of goals at Elland Road and the Belgian would be at the heart of the action.

There's obviously something rotten in the state of the Etihad at the moment and I reckon Salah is gonna punish me tomorrow for not going for him over KDB.

It's this second-guessing and overthinking decisions which is so often my downfall in FPL.

Lamptey is a classic example of a bandwagon, did you really expect him to continue his rate of scoring after one game?

Pep ruins City, why in the name of God is he playing KDB so deep when he's playing without a striker. The man should have a free role off Sterling not tracking back doing the donkey work that Foden should be doing. I agree on Foden btw, he's awful. Mahrez is greedy and not a team player like KDB. All about him.

City are going backwards. Liverpool will walk the title this season.

I'll keep KDB but it'll be a long time before he gets the armband.

22 from 4, threading water I guess.

Lampety got taken off at half time with 0 points, Brighton were coming into the match and every possibility he could have gotten an attacking return. If he played 80+minutes and got nothing out of the game then fair enough

siblers wrote: »
    Lampety got taken off at half time with 0 points, Brighton were coming into the match and every possibility he could have gotten an attacking return. If he played 80+minutes and got nothing out of the game then fair enough
    Hes also 4.5 so clearly not someone that you'd be expecting hauls from every week. Chap wasn't trying to make actual points though, was just having a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

As a non City owner or Leeds owner that is delightful

How can anybody be a non Leeds & city owner?

Probably the earliest I've been ruled out of contention in my leagues

• Advertisement

Hes also 4.5 so clearly not someone that you'd be expecting hauls from every week. Chap wasn't trying to make actual points though, was just having a pop.
    I made loads of points you chose to ignore them, though.

Maybe the fact you don't like people critiquing your team is the reason you're doing so badly.

I'm done with this now, don't want to ruin the thread. Good luck for the season.

Advertisement