Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is EIR real?

• 03-10-2020 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Every few years I like to change broadband and TV companies to get the best deals. This year I changed to EIR because there was a €20 a month saving and have regretted my decision since.

The sales team were easy to access and while I only wanted the basic channels, I really needed to be able to record my favourite programs. I was assured this was possible.

All the equipment arrived a few days later and I set it up. I quickly learned that I couldn't download RTÉ player, Amazon Prime and record anything because I needed an ios device. And this is where weeks of frustration began.

Although the equipment arrived, I did not receive any contract, account or land line number and spent weeks of useless calls trying to contact their support team but without these essential numbers I could not get any further. I contacted the sales team time and time again and they insisted I should have received a text or email with this information to which I said I had not and requested they send again. I was told I should contact customer support as it was not their department to do this and around and around we go.

Id had enough and contacted Vodafone to renew my contract with them. No problem, all they needed was my EIR account number to start the process. So I am stuck with this pack of useless idiots indefinitely.

Has anyone any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

You were mis-sold a product and have had to tell with the hellscape that is Eir customer care.

Are Eir charging you right now? If so, block the direct debits. Complain to Comreg. Put in writing the Eir (email the CEO if you can't find an address) that you want out because you were mis-sold.

Can Vodafone process your application as a new customer rather than a switcher? Would that stop their need for an Eir account number?

If you just want the basic channels, have you considered Freesat and Saorview with a combo box with recording?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 c0deblu2th

They have not billed me yet. I would be delighted because I would then be able to see my account number and sort out this matter once and for all.

I emailed them, spoke to a manager (number given to me by sales team) and after given me abuse said he would get someone in technical support to ring me. Never happened.

You need to have proof with regcom to show i followed proper complaints channel, but the first thing on the form is the bloody account number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭dam099

c0deblu2th wrote: »
    All the equipment arrived a few days later and I set it up. I quickly learned that I couldn't download RTÉ player, Amazon Prime and record anything because I needed an ios device. And this is where weeks of frustration began.

So you have TV with them? I thought that was done through Apple TV now which would have RTÉ player & Amazon Prime at least (though doesn't solve your recording problem).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

JTMan wrote: »

Are Eir charging you right now? If so, block the direct debits. Complain to Comreg. Put in writing the Eir (email the CEO if you can't find an address) that you want out because you were mis-sold.

What is it with the sh1te about emailing a ceo.

Do you really really think a ceo of eir sits around reading all her email?

I'll let you in on a secret, someone else filters the email. Sh1te gets deleted.

Total waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

It's not 'EIR', it's 'eir'. You are probably trying to contact the wrong company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Joke of a company! I've been getting messed about for 14minths to get my house connected for broadband, phone line. They keep putting it back every month or two then when you try to find out what's happening, no one to talk too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Advertisement