Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitlement to multiple Mortgage Protection quotes /offers - Insurance Act / Laws etc

Options
  • 03-10-2020 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Sorry if the title is sh*te - I wasn't sure how to word it.

Basically I would love if someone could point me to a place in the Insurance Act / Consumer Code / legislation (whatever is most appropriate) that indicates in writing that a consumer is entitled to choose from multiple Mortgage Protection providers to receive quotes and / or a policy from.

Obviously I know this is the case, but I would just like to be able to quote it if possible.

I know in the past, many financial institutions used to railroad you into choosing their insurance provider - which the act sought to rectify based on the anti-competitive aspect of this etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement