Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help me save my contacts?

Options
  • 03-10-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Thanks for reading. You will soon realize that I'm completely useless when it comes to technology! I have a Moto g6 plus. I say "have" losely, as I lost it in town the other day. Whilst it's great to have it back, the screen is smashed up so I can only see about a quarter of what I'm writing! Anyways, I'm urgently trying to save all my contacts to the sim card and all my photos to wherever I can! Have photos of my late dad which are so precious to me. I know this phone is going to shut down completely soon, so I'm rushing to get the stuff saved.when I go into the contact settings, it offers me the option of exporting contacts, but it says they are expected to vcf file. I don't know what a vcf file is, and is that still stored on the phone rather that sim or SD card? ( I can't take those out of phone as it would entail removing the case, and I just know the case it what's holding the phone together right now!) When I go into each individual contact, it says saved to my email address. What that means I have no earthly idea! I'm lost also on best way to save photos. Could anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Plug phone via USB cable into a PC/laptop.
    It should show up as an external drive in Windows Explorer (might need to press some window on phone screen to allow access to the phone memory/SD on the PC).

Export all contacts to the VCF file and this should be available to view/copy from the drive shown on the PC.

There is also the option (might be easier) to log in to the account used to set up the phone and back up photos, contacts etc to your gmail account. Those will then be available to restore to new phone and/or download and save to a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op, have you consider replacing the screen?

All the data should be retained on it. As its an older device it would be cheap enough to replace especially if the photos/information is of high personal value.

Advertisement