Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two fireplaces

• 03-10-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi we have a house with two fireplaces. The central heating is oil. We are thinking of getting two solid fuel stoves installed in the fireplaces. Would that be a bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When we had central heating by oil it was very hot as house was old and drafty,modern houses are better insulated and would it need extra venting if adding more sources,thinking adding 2 more would be very very warm.Would chimney be up to speck with that heat as wood is a great way of heating up a room 20 feet away.
    Having a different source of heat can be handy in a blackout if power went out.Check out how much heat they produce as 1 maybe all you need or are you thinking something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

It's a timber framed house built in early 2000s so I suppose it'll be warm enough anyway. The fireplaces are at opposite sides of the house gable wall ends. We just like the idea of having a fire especially for the cold winter nights. I suppose I'm more wondering if installing solid fuel stoves in the fireplaces a good idea or should we go with solid fuel stove in one and electric in the other

Advertisement