Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from windows forum

Options
  • 03-10-2020 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭

Hey there.

Long term user of boards with a long positive history on the forums (previously been a mod on the soccer forum many years ago)

I have been banned for a week from the windows forum as the mod claims I dragged up "zombie threads".

I have long held an interest in technology and in particular resolution of technology problems both old and new. I was merely asking questions on previous threads.

Therefore, I feel the ban is unfair given both my previous history and also explanation.

I'm unhappy that this would exist on my record and would like the ban lifted please

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi s8n, can you confirm you've engaged with the banning mod via PM to try and resolve before coming here?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Yes I can and they believe they are correct and I was dragging up "zombie threads"

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Post deleted

Only the OP, CMod, Admins or posters specifically invited to contribute by CMod/Admin can post in DRP threads

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

s8n wrote: »
    Yes I can and they believe they are correct and I was dragging up "zombie threads"

Oh, thanks. I have notified the Cmods of your appeal so hopefully they will get back to you soon.

Thanks, not heard anything just yet

• Advertisement

still not been contacted about this. I'm conscious that the original week of the ban is just about up, eager to get this removed from my record

I've mentioned it to the CMod again, if they don't come back today I will have a look at it.

If you could post up the PMs between yourself and the banning mod that might speed things up when they or myself get to it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've mentioned it to the CMod again, if they don't come back today I will have a look at it.

If you could post up the PMs between yourself and the banning mod that might speed things up when they or myself get to it.

post them here ??

s8n wrote: »
    post them here ??

Yes, or you can forward them to me if you would prefer.

I can take a look at this since the relevant CMod doesn't seem to be online much at the moment.

No response in three weeks so marking this as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement