Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How expensive is it to run a Dyson fan?

Options
  • 03-10-2020 4:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Assuming you're running it for 2 to 3 hours?

Here is what I want to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Assuming you're running it for 2 to 3 hours?

Here is what I want to buy.

About 50cent per hour on the highest setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

A unit of electicity costs about 20 Cents. That will run a 1000 Watts appliance for 1 Hour

The Dyson is rated at 2000 Watts so hourly running cost will be 40 Cents.

However its a fan heater and the heater should cut out as the room temperature increases so it won't always be on.

But you can get a 2000 Watt fan heater for less than € 20 leaving you € 380 to spend on electricity - nearly 1000 hours of heating.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

A unit of electicity costs about 20 Cents. That will run a 1000 Watts appliance for 1 Hour

The Dyson is rated at 2000 Watts so hourly running cost will be 40 Cents.

However its a fan heater and the heater should cut out as the room temperature increases so it won't always be on.

But you can get a 2000 Watt fan heater for less than € 20 leaving you € 380 to spend on electricity - nearly 1000 hours of heating.

Is this cheap or not? I've gotten the impression that these fans were costly to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The price of running the Dyson would be no different to running any other form of heating that involved using an electric heating element. On demand heating with electric is about the most expensive form of heating. Any form of central heating or even electric night storage heaters (on cheap rate electric) would be cheaper.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement