Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I’ve started cancelling items from the 3rd- 5th of Jan. Was refunded almost immediately. One item wouldn’t let me cancel and gave the message to contact chat. Was cancelled and refunded in an hour. Chat bot told me to refuse delivery, easier said than done...I’m still expecting more items and they’re all around the same size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well Amazon Customer service don't know so how would any of us know.

I have a daily conversation with Amazon CS on the subject and they haven't a clue or at least aren't saying. To quote from my last chat.

My question was

Why is Amazon Prime dispatch delayed for Irish customers and why are Amazon still promising 2 day delivery and then taking over a week? To quote from your website "Unlimited, fast Priority Delivery on millions of items to the Republic of Ireland". Clearly this is not happening.

I had seen in the news about the reduction in capacity from the airlines since the start of January was holding up a lot of packages as Amazon was presumably waiting for a slot in the baggage compartment.

But that doesn't hold when you can see deliveries from Amazon.de and Amazon.it etc taking just 2 days.

My 3 packages that I ordered off Amazon.co.uk in early January have finally arrived, typically 9 days after ordering.
    T+0 Order
    T+2 Customs started and finished
    T+9 Ship to Ireland & delivered in same day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Getting estimate delivery date of 15 February for a product that's in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 45,995 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My wife placed an order with a Chinese seller and fulfilled by Amazon on 10 Jan. Shipped on 16 January and has been delivered this morning. Can't complain about that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

1huge1 wrote: »
    I had seen in the news about the reduction in capacity from the airlines since the start of January was holding up a lot of packages as Amazon was presumably waiting for a slot in the baggage compartment.

But that doesn't hold when you can see deliveries from Amazon.de and Amazon.it etc taking just 2 days.

It is possible that .de and .it have much smaller numbers of deliveries to Ireland and thus use the normal freight companies, who tend to have their own dedicated freight aircraft and thus less impacted.

.co.uk probably have much higher freight amounts to here and might have be using their own logistics to put freight in the hold of passenger aircraft which are now not flying.

Having said all that, I don't know why they don't just send the freight by truck on ferry, surely that would be cheaper and still doable in 2 to 3 days delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Ordered 5 things separately through a prime trial on Thursday 14th with delivery estimates for this Saturday 23rd & Thursday 28th. The 23rd estimated stuff delivered today after dispatching on Saturday 16th so 2 days to dispatch & 2 to deliver.

I had previously ordered the same items the 4th of Jan with “express delivery” without prime and they got lost after leaving St. Helens so take of it what you will !

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    I wouldnt put much stock in those dates.

Seems like they can't run an accurate prediction engine yet with all the changes so are defaulting to mega-super-totally underpromise and overdeliver. A fair way to do it.

Ordered just before midnight Thursday, 14th - Estimated arrival 24th!

I suspect I'll see it Monday. AMZL. Can't really complain if true. Annnnnd, it was cheaper due to the vat discount (22GBP was dropped to 17 odd).

Delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ordered 2 items on the 14th of January.
    First one despatched on the 15th and due for delivery today.
    Second despatched the 17th, but provisional delivery date is the 29th.

First orders this year so not as bad as I expected, especially since the one out for delivery was needed as quick as possible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

muffler wrote: »
    My wife placed an order with a Chinese seller and fulfilled by Amazon on 10 Jan. Shipped on 16 January and has been delivered this morning. Can't complain about that.

6 days to ship though?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭peter4918

I have prime and placed an order on 9th Jan and it’s out for delivery today.
    Placed an order on the 11th Jan that hasn’t shipped yet with an estimated delivery date of 26th Jan. It’s frustrating.

I notice that all of the items I ordered since 01|01 have been shipped from Schönefeld, Brandenburg DE then onto Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR and onto Dublin so not going near the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

peter4918 wrote: »
    I notice that all of the items I ordered since 01|01 have been shipped from Schönefeld, Brandenburg DE then onto Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR and onto Dublin so not going near the UK.

How long did it take from Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR to get to dublin?
    I have a delivery from amazon.de that arrived in Lauwin-Planque this morning but delivery estimate is 9-25 Feb, I'd hope it'll arrive before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭VG31

derekbro wrote: »
    How long did it take from Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR to get to dublin?
    I have a delivery from amazon.de that arrived in Lauwin-Planque this morning but delivery estimate is 9-25 Feb, I'd hope it'll arrive before then.

I had a parcel a week ago that took 3 or 4 days from Lauwin-Planque to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Just arrived now with An Post (lunch time 18th Jan) an Amazon Prime Free delivery item ordered on the morning of the 7th Jan.

An Post did OK but item wasn't dispatched until the 15th Jan a week after the order was placed.

It looks to me like Amazon are just slowing down deliveries by removing the priority shipping option YET AGAIN.

Before I had Prime and only had the free standard shipping option then that week wait for dispatch was just about standard.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Got my full 'import fees deposit' of £5.49 refunded to bank account from my 03/01 order

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

My partner bought me an echo studio for christmas, stopped connecting to the wifi and went through it all with their online help desk, ended up sending me a 'free postage' label but it was for royal mail, we live in Donegal and my partner has a bank account in Derry and he had to lodge money so we killed two birds with one stone and off we went.

Label wasn't for free postage so back home and onto the help desk again, ended up sending it through an post, but Amazon refunded the postage and are promising to refund any customs charges as its an expensive item, only posted it on Thursday but it'll be interesting to see how much Im charged when a new one is delivered.

Must say their customer service are great, and they must be climbing the walls themselves with all this brexit nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

zell12 wrote: »
    Got my full 'import fees deposit' of £5.49 refunded to bank account from my 03/01 order

What that because they charged it on an order under €22? I have stuff in my basket that are under €22 and it's charging the import fee deposit. I wasn't happy about it but if they refund it once its cleared and not applicable then that's ok.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Before I had Prime and only had the free standard shipping option then that week wait for dispatch was just about standard.

Before Prime was an option here, the free super saver delivery (orders over £25) only used to take 2 - 3 days. They only started slowing down dispatch to drive people to Prime.

Like many others on this thread, I'm also experiencing long delivery times. Example: item ordered on Wednesday last week with estimated delivery date of 1 February still hasn't shipped. If I change delivery address to one in England, next day delivery is available.

I think I'll be cancelling my Prime membership after this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭corkie

Ordered 3 items 03/01.
    1 arrived today, 1 is currently missing, 1 was cancelled by Amazon as it not available but hey presto it shows on their site

Also they are printing the postage fee on the CN22 label, even if it free to customer
    Don't know what I have been charges yet and if the 'import fee deposit' will be refunded.
    foxy_j wrote: »
    What that because they charged it on an order under €22? I have stuff in my basket that are under €22 and it's charging the import fee deposit. I wasn't happy about it but if they refund it once its cleared and not applicable then that's ok.

Thanks

I assume from the above it was refunded on the cancelled order?

Unless you have Prime, you still need to pay VAT on transport fee's

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Anybody have a package take this long?

I ordered with prime membership and now Amazon are offering a full refund.I assume this will not arrive so I should accept the refund.

This was the last update

Tuesday, 5 January
    8:02 AM
    Completed customs clearance process
    SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, Essex
    8:02 AM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, Essex

Just take the money and reorder. Not so many of those lost and refunded packages ever actually make it. It has happened to me but more often that not once Amazon offer a refund it doesn't arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Just take the money and reorder. Not so many of those lost and refunded packages ever actually make it. It has happened to me but more often that not once Amazon offer a refund it doesn't arrive.

Yeah I am just going to get the refund and buy it locally.Also cancelled my prime and got the full £79 back.It had only just renewed last week.

Between long delivery times and lost packages Amazon is no longer worth it for me.

I may revisit in a few months if things start to return to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,995 ✭✭✭✭muffler

6 days to ship though?
    Yes, shipped 6 days after order was placed. 2 days for delivery though. In fairness the order was initially scheduled for delivery on 25 Jan but arrived this morning so a week ahead of schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ Above two post where mod moved from another thread.

corkie wrote: »
    That test order from 5 January finally got processed today and now Arriving February 17, with DPD.

Other than amazon tracking, is there any external site to track DPD?, is US Amazon DPD the same as in Europe?

Once the parcel gets handed over to courier from amazon, you can track DPD here: -

https://uktracking.asendia.com/tracking.php?ref=

^^^ Don't share your tracking reference because it displays your Eircode

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Quick question, maybe Im missing something but the main point of getting prime for me and others was for two day delivery to Ireland. Currently I'm waiting minimium of 10/15 days for any delivery. Whats the point of having prime anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

kevin306 wrote: »
    Quick question, maybe Im missing something but the main point of getting prime for me and others was for two day delivery to Ireland. Currently I'm waiting minimium of 10/15 days for any delivery. Whats the point of having prime anymore?

Prime is not just delivery. Its movies, books, photo storage. A lot of people cancelling at the moment. Im holding off renewing till things get back in order after brexit crossover period.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

kevin306 wrote: »

you can buy something for less that £20 get 20% off and free shipping with Prime? that's pretty cool, despite the delays.

GBX wrote: »
    Prime is not just delivery. Its movies, books, photo storage. A lot of people cancelling at the moment. Im holding off renewing till things get back in order after brexit crossover period.

I know but its not worth it for the movies or the books both of which I can get a better selection of by "downloading".

The movies are a bonus but the main reason I and many others signed up to Prime was not having to wait a week for dispatch and the two day priority shipping to Ireland something that Amazon is still advertising on their site.

GBX wrote: »

Ya apologies I guess I was more hinting at what is the point of prime regarding delivery. Doesnt seem to bw worth the cost. But you're right it does offer a bit more (not much though for us irish residents). I'm cancelling anyway not worth it with the current situation.

I know but its not worth it for the movies or the books both of which I can get a better selection of by "downloading".

The movies are a bonus but the main reason I and many others signed up to Prime was not having to wait a week for dispatch and the two day priority shipping to Ireland something that Amazon is still advertising on their site.

This is whats most egregious for me. They are still advertising the two day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Using "Prime" delivery.

ORDER PLACED
    3 January 2021

Dispatched
    Tuesday, 12 January
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB

Wednesday, 13 January
    10:43 AM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,

Nothing since then, been sitting in Dublin since the 13th, ment to be here tomorrow (Co. Tipp) but not holding my breath.

Basically the same with another 4 ordered.

Complete BS at this stage, all the stuff ordered available for next day delivery if using a UK address.

Advertisement