Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Ordered two things at the weekend.

First one to ship was last updated with the Belgium customs on Monday and hasn't moved since.

The other parcel I got shipping notification early Wednesday morning, did customs in Swords and was delivered Thursday (yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Have Amazon switched from using AnPost? I'm in Offaly and it would usually come through the local depot in Tullamore with AMZ at the beginning of the tracking number. I got something 'delivered by hand to resident' yesterday that never showed up - there was someone in the house all day so no way there wasn't some there when they called. The tracking number starts with GA and came from Dublin. Anyone ideas who the courier company is? Never had any hassle with missed deliveries before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

If you go in to your order details on the Amazon site, and then track package it might show you who the delivery is.

Delivery by Amazon
    Tracking ID: GA0001234567

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Have Amazon switched from using AnPost? I'm in Offaly and it would usually come through the local depot in Tullamore with AMZ at the beginning of the tracking number. I got something 'delivered by hand to resident' yesterday that never showed up - there was someone in the house all day so no way there wasn't some there when they called. The tracking number starts with GA and came from Dublin. Anyone ideas who the courier company is? Never had any hassle with missed deliveries before.

That was an amazon courier. They started this a while ago and seem to be ramping it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That was an amazon courier. They started this a while ago and seem to be ramping it up.

Looks like they delivered to the wrong address so. Pain in the arse. Never had any hassle with An Post. The item is out of stock now as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I ordered some items from Amazon.de on Sunday and they arrived today. Interestingly they came via the Amazon Facility here and via an Amazon driver. So looks like .de orders are coming through Amazon Logistics and not just UK/Prime orders.

My .co.uk Prime orders are starting to come faster too, got one this week just 4 days after ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Ordered a book last Thursday & came this morning from UK.

Also, Amazon are close to signing a deal for Irish warehouse (fulfilment centre in Bezos cult speak) according to IT.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/irish-amazon-customers-to-bypass-brexit-barriers-as-it-plans-dublin-distribution-centre-1.4470470

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Looks like they delivered to the wrong address so. Pain in the arse. Never had any hassle with An Post. The item is out of stock now as well.

Check your bin or next door neighbor.

My orders from Tuesday were delivered this morning by my normal post person.

Still show as being in Dublin as per tracker but are here.

Slowly getting back to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

My orders from Tuesday were delivered this morning by my normal post person.

Still show as being in Dublin as per tracker but are here.

Slowly getting back to normal?

An Post scanners were down this morning nationwide. Nothing was scanned out for delivery until mid morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Yeah, defo change in deliverys, 2 items ordered Wednesday came today, via amazon driver. I've ordered some stationery today and have estimated delivery of early next week.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    An Post scanners were down this morning nationwide. Nothing was scanned out for delivery until mid morning.

Thanks, that explains how the stuff is here without a scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I hear rumours of a fulfillment center opening here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

degsie wrote: »
    I hear rumours of a fulfillment center opening here.

Has been all over the news and boards the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Hi all, just wondering if someone had any experience with this. Ordered from amazon, delivery was due Tuesday, they gave me a refund today and said it might be lost but also I might just be delayed. Last tracking was it showing clearing customs in Manchester.

I’m not too fussed about it getting lost, these things happen but with them saying it might turn up, my question is, does it often or is it always lost when they say it is. Just trying to decide if I should reorder or wait.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ric.ie

I've found this website the other day which compares prices across the various European Amazon sites:

https://www.hagglezon.com/

Surprised to find that the UK Amazon is actually among the more expensive options for stuff I've been looking to buy. (Amazon Spain & Italy among the cheapest).

Postage has been roughly €7-9 from what I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hi all, just wondering if someone had any experience with this. Ordered from amazon, delivery was due Tuesday, they gave me a refund today and said it might be lost but also I might just be delayed. Last tracking was it showing clearing customs in Manchester.

I’m not too fussed about it getting lost, these things happen but with them saying it might turn up, my question is, does it often or is it always lost when they say it is. Just trying to decide if I should reorder or wait.

Thanks

There is still a chance it could come. I'd give it a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Ric.ie wrote: »
    I've found this website the other day which compares prices across the various European Amazon sites:

https://www.hagglezon.com/

Surprised to find that the UK Amazon is actually among the more expensive options for stuff I've been looking to buy. (Amazon Spain & Italy among the cheapest).

Postage has been roughly €7-9 from what I see.

I'd call most of those prices fake. Not one of the ones I looked up was the same on the site.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sphinxicus

looks like Amazon has plans to open a fulfilment center in Baldonnell
    The Mountpark/Baldonnell deal, which property industry observers have said is the largest deal of its type in the Irish market, would allow Amazon to bypass the UK and avoid any delays or extra charges due to Brexit trading arrangements.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/irish-amazon-customers-to-bypass-brexit-barriers-as-it-plans-dublin-distribution-centre-1.4470470

sphinxicus wrote: »

But I don't understand An Post welcoming it?

Once Amazon is fully established here An Post won't get a look in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I tried to buy something from Amazon Uk, item was €130 and they wanted €27 customs fee. Feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

I tried to buy something from Amazon Uk, item was €130 and they wanted €27 customs fee. Feck that.

€27 is 21% VAT which you would have paid before Brexit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭listermint

But I don't understand An Post welcoming it?

Once Amazon is fully established here An Post won't get a look in.

Not entirely true. They may not want to establish a cross country Amazon. Vehicle network. There's cost with that. Everything is cost related with Amazon tbh.

Not that I trust them frankly . They've plenty of history destorying small business.

VG31 wrote: »
    €27 is 21% VAT which you would have paid before Brexit anyway.

I read the post to mean double VAT as in the item was £130 with UK VAT and the 21% Irish import duty (VAT) was added on top of that.

I have seen a lot of items fulfilled by Amazon like that.

listermint wrote: »
    Not entirely true. They may not want to establish a cross country Amazon. Vehicle network. There's cost with that. Everything is cost related with Amazon tbh.

Not that I trust them frankly . They've plenty of history destorying small business.

I'd be very happy if they use An Post more, I like to support the local postal system although I think An Post as a company stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I read the post to mean double VAT as in the item was £130 with UK VAT and the 21% Irish import duty (VAT) was added on top of that.

Look at the item on Amazon. Then add it to the basket & go to checkout. You should see the price is cheaper at checkout than originally listed. The UK vat should be removed by the time you are at the checkout. The customs deposit is basically Irish vat.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Look at the item on Amazon. Then add it to the basket & go to checkout. You should see the price is cheaper at checkout than originally listed. The UK vat should be removed by the time you are at the checkout. The customs deposit is basically Irish vat.

Yes I know that but a lot of small companies that sell through Amazons fulfillment program aren't bothering to do the VAT paperwork so you end up paying UK VAT plus the customs deposit of 21%.

Edit> I've just checked 3 items from my Amazon history which where "double vated" last time I tried to buy them and now that issue seems to have been resolved, so hope its like that across the board. I also noticed that one item that was "double vated" as just vanished off Amazon so do wonder if Amazon told sellers they had to get the issue sorted or stop selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I have seen a lot of items fulfilled by Amazon like that.

The item was 114 and said 130 including taxes. Didn't specify which taxes so presume its Vat then 27 on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

If the fulfillment Centre was here in Ireland, would it mean we'd get an Amazon.ie site or does it mean we could order from. co.uk. Or from. de and the items would just be delivered from the Irish fulfilment centre?

• Advertisement

Thanks

This happened me a few times just before Christmas.
    Got refunded and amazon said items probably lost, all of them delivered not long after

Advertisement