Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Caranica wrote: »
    Ordered stuff yesterday, dispatched today. I know I'll have it tomorrow but delivery still saying Sunday. I know they're covering themselves but at least it's better than the weeks it took to get deliveries in January.

One thing I've noticed is that the 8 stops away notification usually starts further away. Usually it meant I'd have my delivery in 30-45 minutes, now it could be 3 hours.

I have two orders that were due on Saturday. They're both out for delivery today.

There's been no change for the 8 stops away for me. It's nearly always delivered within 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Ogham wrote: »
    They are sold and despatched by a third party seller who seems to have charged you UK VAT.
    You can expect to pay 21% Import VAT on the total price of the items + delivery charges.
    If they are UK made and the seller fills in the customs labels correctly - you should not be liable for duty.
    However - if they don't do the customs forms right (which I suspect they won't) - you could be also charged import duty. That could be 6.5%. (Rate for sanitary ware)

Duty is applied before VAT - so the worst-case scenario is 6.5% duty then add 21% VAT . Works out close to 29% extra. Plus handling fee - possibly another €15.

Of course - it could be worse still if customs need to value the items themselves and decide they are worth a lot more !

Can you cancel the order ? If not - one option is to raise a complaint with Amazon because they tell all sellers not to make customers pay any extra charges on delivery. You might get them (the seller) to refund the import fees.

I sent the seller your reply to me above and this is what he said.

Thanks for this information. Again being very honest with you at present i think Amazon have gone down the line of we tell all sellers not to make customers pay any extra charges on delivery however in reality this no longer fits and alot of sellers have quite literally decided to not send anything into the EU as its not sellers applying charges its Taxes that goverments are applying. They have sat on the fence and even when we have spoken to them they cannot advise and are quite simply robots from a script and if the answer is not on teh script they start at the top again hoping the script fits a second time. To make things worse it seems that in ceratin countries they are applying their own rules in spain we have a heating order where someone was applied a 50% charge. The paperwork though was correct according to DHL so god knows what happened there. In regards to the Tile backer boards they weigh 22kg and general get knocked around when sending abroad so we just wont send anymore as its not worth the hassle. I think the best thing think we can say is as a seller we will not pay your duty for or charges you end no matter what the person said in the forum however f when you check out and it does not reduce the price we will refund the VAT this end to you i think thats the best i can advise in regards to delivery time again be prepared for it to possibley take 10 days to get to you even if we put of a speedy service things just seem to get held at customs at the moment as they are just so over whelmed by the paper and back log. Like you say i think in a couple of months it will calm down and we have traken the approach we will take with people and just be open with them and if they seem reasonable and we can work with teh customer we will if not we just wont send as its not worth the issues and agro Regards Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

kingbhome wrote: »
    I sent the seller your reply to me above and this is what he said.

Thanks for this information. Again being very honest with you at present i think Amazon have gone down the line of we tell all sellers not to make customers pay any extra charges on delivery however in reality this no longer fits and alot of sellers have quite literally decided to not send anything into the EU as its not sellers applying charges its Taxes that goverments are applying. They have sat on the fence and even when we have spoken to them they cannot advise and are quite simply robots from a script and if the answer is not on teh script they start at the top again hoping the script fits a second time. To make things worse it seems that in ceratin countries they are applying their own rules in spain we have a heating order where someone was applied a 50% charge. The paperwork though was correct according to DHL so god knows what happened there. In regards to the Tile backer boards they weigh 22kg and general get knocked around when sending abroad so we just wont send anymore as its not worth the hassle. I think the best thing think we can say is as a seller we will not pay your duty for or charges you end no matter what the person said in the forum however f when you check out and it does not reduce the price we will refund the VAT this end to you i think thats the best i can advise in regards to delivery time again be prepared for it to possibley take 10 days to get to you even if we put of a speedy service things just seem to get held at customs at the moment as they are just so over whelmed by the paper and back log. Like you say i think in a couple of months it will calm down and we have traken the approach we will take with people and just be open with them and if they seem reasonable and we can work with teh customer we will if not we just wont send as its not worth the issues and agro Regards Martin

The bit in bold is all you can expect them to do really, it should be done at checkout but at least he is saying he will refund you the UK vat if it isn't removed. It's not being sold by Amazon, it's not being Fulfilled by Amazon so the seller has to do it themselves and this guy seems to have made his mind up that he wants nothing to do with anything outside the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

errlloyd wrote: »
    How long is the Belgium customs clearing taken?

Mine went in at 5pm Sunday afternoon and no movement. It's a 350e product (Oculus Quest 2).

Mine went in at 6pm on Sunday and nothing since

The bit in bold is all you can expect them to do really, it should be done at checkout but at least he is saying he will refund you the UK vat if it isn't removed. It's not being sold by Amazon, it's not being Fulfilled by Amazon so the seller has to do it themselves and this guy seems to have made his mind up that he wants nothing to do with anything outside the UK.

That's what I was thinking.

Because it's third party, does this mean the long delays like he's said or will they be through the Amazon delivery route which is quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

That's what I was thinking.

Because it's third party, does this mean the long delays like he's said or will they be through the Amazon delivery route which is quicker.

You have two types of third party. Fulfilled by Amazon, and Fulfilled by Merchant(seller)

In your case it is all fulfilled by the seller. They are responsible for storage of stock, shipping, and customer service. That is why they are mentioning DHL as their courier. It has very little to do with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

If u order from amazon France and get it delivered to virtual address with addresspal do u still pay import taxes on it as it wont deliver to my personal address. Its a 4k firestick. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Ordered webcam and bluetooth headphones Saturday evening, arrived today - direct delivery. Surprisingly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Sorry i worded it wrong. I am not looking to avoid tax however I don't want to pay a double VAT, one in the UK and one here in Ireland. I read maybe there's a form the uk seller needs to fill out on there end(I think) to save paying a double hit. I don't mind the extra delivery charge either but paying 200e on top of my order seems very excisive to me.

If you order from Amazon to your Irish address, they charge you the appropriate VAT and duty at the point of sale so you won't get double charged. Using Addresspal means you get charged UK VAT as it's an internal UK sale, then when An Post transfer it, you have to pay additional Irish VAT and duty if appropriate.

That's why having Prime is great value for money, especially as Amazon take off VAT for everything under 22 euro.

Deliveries are almost back to normal now - ordered something on Sunday and arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

If u order from amazon France and get it delivered to virtual address with addresspal do u still pay import taxes on it as it wont deliver to my personal address. Its a 4k firestick. Thanks

Do you mean an Irish virtual address or getting it delivered to the UK address and then An Post deliver it?

Just check Currys or Adverts for a 4k stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

xtal191 wrote: »

Mine went in Saturday evening, cleared Sunday morning and no update since. It's only Andrex Loo Roll (subscribe & save) value £12 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Wheety wrote: »
    Do you mean an Irish virtual address or getting it delivered to the UK address and then An Post deliver it?

Just check Currys or Adverts for a 4k stick.

Irish virtual address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Don't think they deliver the firestick outside of France

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭peter4918

Mine went in Saturday evening, cleared Sunday morning and no update since. It's only Andrex Loo Roll (subscribe & save) value £12 or so

Genuine question. Why would you buy toilet roll off Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

peter4918 wrote: »
    Cheaper than most if not all of the shops here

peter4918 wrote: »

5 x 9 roll pack for €13.70. Usual offer is 2 for €10 when on special in the supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

xtal191 wrote: »

Mine went in same time as yours, and arrived in their Dublin distribution thing this morning.

Looks they not wanting to touch it now :( Here's his reply this morning.

I have spoken with the owner due to more issues we have had this week with shipments inot the EU we have stopped all trays and boards being sent into EU locations Regards Martin

We have friends in the north. Maybe get it sent there and they could bring it down when restrictions are over or maybe post it down.

5 x 9 roll pack for €13.70. Usual offer is 2 for €10 when on special in the supermarkets.

Is that including delivery?

Is that including delivery?

Yes, it's subscribe and save via prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ordered an item last night at 10:20. Picked standard free delivery. Estimated delivery was the 23rd. Dispatched this morning. I reckon I will have it by Saturday. Delivery dates seem to have really improved.

All my stuff just arrived, the orders placed on Tuesday plus the loo roll that hadn't moved in customs since the weekend.

Yes, it's subscribe and save via prime

54 rolls for 11.97e here where we are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Looks they not wanting to touch it now :( Here's his reply this morning.

I have spoken with the owner due to more issues we have had this week with shipments inot the EU we have stopped all trays and boards being sent into EU locations Regards Martin

We have friends in the north. Maybe get it sent there and they could bring it down when restrictions are over or maybe post it down.

Probably not delivering to NI either.

54 rolls for 11.97e here where we are

Andrex? Or cheapo brand?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

20 trucks a day with Amazon parcels going through Rosslare from the continent.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1196595/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Business has increased 49% and according to a report on rte news today, 10 Amazon de trucks a day coming in is a regular site.

Ordered an item last night at 10:20. Picked standard free delivery. Estimated delivery was the 23rd. Dispatched this morning. I reckon I will have it by Saturday. Delivery dates seem to have really improved.

Updated this morning saying that it is waiting to clear customs in swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Anyone come across this before? I've had two orders recently with similar timelines.

3 Feb - Package arrived at Amazon Facility Merseyside, GB
    4 Feb - Package departed Amazon Facility Merseyside, GB
    - Initiated customs clearance process GB
    - Completed customs clearance process GB
    5 Feb - Parcel arrived at a carrier facility, Dublin Parcel Hub
    6 Feb - Completed customs clearance process GB

According to the tracking both parcels (separate dates) went through customs clearance, arrived in Dublin, then ended up back in Trafford Park, GB again?

There's been no update since Feb 6th.

• Advertisement

Thoie wrote: »
    Anyone come across this before? I've had two orders recently with similar timelines.

3 Feb - Package arrived at Amazon Facility Merseyside, GB
    4 Feb - Package departed Amazon Facility Merseyside, GB
    - Initiated customs clearance process GB
    - Completed customs clearance process GB
    5 Feb - Parcel arrived at a carrier facility, Dublin Parcel Hub
    6 Feb - Completed customs clearance process GB

According to the tracking both parcels (separate dates) went through customs clearance, arrived in Dublin, then ended up back in Trafford Park, GB again?

There's been no update since Feb 6th.

Funny enough, just checked my most recent order. It cleared customs in Swords this morning and the latest update is that it has cleared customs in Manchester.

Advertisement