Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Post edited by The Continental Op on

Wake me up when it's all over.

• So is Defender still identifying the Trojan as present? As per article it may be a “false positive”, but hard to trust.

Maybe you will just have to close your Amazon account, and reopen another one. If it was hacked you would imagine hacker would change password, to take control for a while.

You imagine it might be an internal hacker in the company who has got hold of account. If this were myself I’d have card cancelled immediately, and then I would close Amazon account, assuming there is no pending delivery.

The banks are pretty good these days at dealing with this, a lot of their resources are in dealing with fraud. Certainly, in my experience, BOI have been excellent. At least replacing your cards will prevent any further transactions on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Whsts Amazon pickup like or have they many locations

They're doing a 7 off 20 offer on some accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm trying to buy items from Amazon uK - is the free delivery over 25 pounds gone? Haven't bought stuff from them in a while.

No it's still there just check it says item qualifies for free delivery

Then you have to check the free delivery box at checkout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's there for most Amazon fulfilled items over £20. It should say so when you are viewing the product.

I couldn't find that box at all. Ended up choosing trail amazon prime but still had to pay 1.70?

I placed 2 orders this morning free delivery without prime

You'll get used to it

What do you mean I'll get used to it? I've used it before but there was no box to check for free delivery, I looked.

Were the items fulfilled by Amazon themselves? I haven't paid postage in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

How can I unsubscribe from a topic?

This thread is a head-wreck in my email.

Thanks. 😉

D.

I have no idea what happened to be honest. I just went into the app now (I bought the items on desktop) and it came up as free postage so I’m stumped! Anyway, I’ve ordered them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Last update from this debacle, I checked the status of this order on Monday the item was now listed as unavailable and might not be back in stock, I got back onto CS who apologised for the mess and cancelled my order. i went to the website of the item i wanted(wildlife hide) and they shipped it to adresspal within a few hours so i'm awaiting my VAT bill from revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AOR Melodic Rock fan

Hi Guys. I pre ordered an item from Amazon Uk Website. Any items I have purchased on the website have always been delivered by An Post. This time around my purchase is being delivered by DPD and not An Post. If I'm honest I prefer An Post delivery service. I'm just wondering why this has happened all of a sudden. Why DPD? I would be grateful for your comments. Cheers guys!

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Ordered an item for around £11 which I received broken. I initiated the return process, and as it was a fault on their side they said I should post it regularly and they would refund the postage, UP TO £9. The postage cost €12.50, so I guess I'm out of pocket for the difference?

I haven't got the refund yet, so I am not sure if they will stick to the £9, or refund the whole postage, as they used to do in the past.

I probably won't make a fuss for the sake of £2, but it's something to be aware of, especially if you order a heavier item.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Get on to Customer service and tell them. They will ask you of the receipt for postage and should refund you the whole amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I have Amazon Prime.

I pre-ordered a CD set which was released on 4 November.

Didn't arrive until 9 November - delivered by DPD instead of the usual Amazon Prime van.

Not sure why.

Another CD set was due to be delivered today. Got an email from Amazon at lunchtime to say it was delivered through the letterbox. No sign of it and I was home all day. :(

Thanks for the response mate. Regarding the cd set that you didn't receive...that's sucks. Actually the same thing happened to a friend of mine once. As awesome as amazon is (and it is damn good), the site still has its problems for sure! Best of luck with getting your music purchase sorted and don't let them get away with it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Happened me with a laptop. Thought it was because of the value

In fairness a mis- delivery isn't down to the site but the delivery company/An Post. Amazon are usually superb at sorting these issues.

• Advertisement

Since Amazon have opened up their fulfillment center in Dublin a lot more of my deliveries have come with DPD and the odd one with DHL - rural Waterford. Can't say I'm in favour of that as the postman does a better quicker job than either of them. In fact since they have been using DPD and DHL I've had more stuff late or lost than before. DPD tracking will show they have the item locally at a time that could mean it could be delivered the following day, then its excuses like "customer not in" or "more information required" and the item turns up a day or even more late. Three items refunded recently (automatically as Amazon seemed to know they weren't going to arrive???) and none of those with An Post. Another which dispatched from Germany with no tracking also vanished yet Amazon knew that and automatically refunded me? Strange stuff going on. When the "lost" items were reordered they then all came with An Post. The item from Germany was again sent with no tracking but arrived in about 5 working days.

Actually I was half thinking it could be something to do with fulfilment centre to be honest... ever since hearing about that from RTE News. Man, this is crap for sure. An post really are a great service. My postman goes the extra mile, He's sound. Some of these couriers don't give a damn. Some will leave packages out in the rain and drive off. Strange stuff going on for sure with your orders. Bloody system is all messed up. It's a pain in the ass but hey, it least you got refunded. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

An post really are a great service. My postman goes the extra mile, He's sound. Some of these couriers don't give a damn. Some will leave packages out in the rain and drive off.

People's experience of An Post and couriers can vary hugely depending on the postman and drivers in their area. My postman does the leave package outside door, ring doorbell and run away routine. So do Fastway (no surprise there). The current DPD driver is pretty good and actually collects signatures if required. The UPS driver in my area is very good also.

It is obviously down to individuals but with An Post I have found the postmen in rural areas to be really good. Because the couriers have to go out of their way to make rural drops (one delivery to me could take at least half an hour for a courier) they are more likely to find an excuse to not bother. The postman passes by the door 5 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Famous Blue Raincoat

I bought items on Amazon.co.uk for £367.60. Free postage and packaging to Ireland but: "Import Fees Deposit £101.28"on top of it.

That's a hefty added cost of buying with Amazon.co.uk. The main product was £262 on Amazon.co.uk (free p &p to Ireland), and the comparable price on Amazon.de was €376 (plus €16 p &p to Ireland). So, shopping in another EU country's Amazon was not cheaper than going to Amazon.co.uk.

Could anybody explain what this "Import Fees Deposit" is? Assuming it is related to the fact that the UK is no longer in the EU, why, logically speaking, does buying from Amazon in another EU country not mean the product is £101.28 cheaper there?

To make any sense of it you'll have to say what the item is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

There are always loads of questions about tax, import costs or delivery here and very little of them actually say what the item is. It would make it far easier to answer if people would actually name the items. Otherwise it's just guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Post up a link to the item

Also comparing £ with € is not like-for-like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Have a faulty fit band bought at Amazon,De. Has battery, anPost won't take it.

Must happen to others as well. So what have we done? I'm not up for calling courier companies, finding one that will do it, waiting for them to show, paying, and then the refund from Amazon.

I have a return label, that says Amazonska, Sered SK" Town in Slovakia.

Nice one Bezos😤

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Going through this right now - laptop which did not match seller description. n Post won't take it because of the battery - they say airport handlers will not take it.

3 hours online with Amazon Cust Care chat got me (a) an updated returned address in Wales rather than Scotland and (b) after explaining the issue again for the umpteenth time an email copy of what I was told was a "universal return label" which was the same as the original one I got issued.

Parcel Monkey says they wont handle amazon returns from Eu due to customs issues.

Went through form filling online with DPD until they started to asks me about customs tariff types etc which I am not comfortable to answer.

Asked Amazon Customer Care about the Amazon Returns centre in Portlaoise - they had not heard of it. Is that no longer a thing?

Advertisement