Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭VG31

It's probably lost. Lauwin-Planque to Dublin normally takes 36-48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nice...someone is enjoying a €1300 camera...and some gardening shears

How long do I wait to claim?

When was the delivery date supposed to be? Sometime last week I presume. You can usually claim 2-3 days after the stated delivery date.

You shouldn't have any issues in your case since the tracking never updated. In cases where it was scanned as delivered but it wasn't received it may be more complicated.

The "Request Refund" button appeared today.. so seems Amazon have acknowledged it... thankfully the majority of the items I ordered are still the same price if I re-order.. phew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The camera for you and the gardening shears for mrscheez? :-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Amazon have just issued me a refund and said it will 5 to 7 days for my bank to process it.

I know each bank is different but it doesn’t actually take that long does it? I need the refund to try get the stuff somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

One of the commercial invoices is meant to be attached to the box, along with the return label. They say you're meant to give the other one to An Post but I've never needed to when returning stuff.

I got a Revolut payment refunded and it arrived back into my account the next day.

My bank account on the other hand, likely won't see anything for around 3-4 days after the fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Hi! So i ordered from Amazon, a microwave wheat heat bag thingy (in hindsight, probably not the best thing to get posted!)

Anyway, ordered it in November and it arrived with An Post on December 01st - and there it has remained! It just keeps going from Sorted to Assessed and the last update on it is December 09th!

What is the protocol here? Do i try contact them? Do they contact me? It was only a few euro so not the end of the world but it just seems like it's stuck and i can't request a refund from Amazon as there is no option there.

09 December 2022 14:11

Your delivery is being assessed by customs in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

09 December 2022 14:11

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

09 December 2022 08:15

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

05 December 2022 23:03

05 December 2022 23:03

05 December 2022 21:31

01 December 2022 20:55

01 December 2022 20:55

01 December 2022 15:15

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Was this sold or shipped by Amazon, or shipped by a third party directly? If shipped by Amazon then all customs/VAT are taken care of. If it's a seller that ships themselves then it would be up to them to do the proper delcarations, etc, and a lot os smaller outfits do not. If it was shipped by a third party, then going by some other threads around here it could get stuck with An Post for ages before being returned to the seller. I did order something on eBay UK in the summer that was sent with no customs declaration or anything on it, and it went missing for about 3 weeks before it eventually got delivered. So there's a chance that it will get through at some stage.

You could contact Amazon through the chat bot and ask to speak to a real person about the order. See if they can help that way. Otherwise I think your only options are to wiat for it to either be delivered to you or sent back, which could take a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Just request a refund from Amazon. There should be a link against the order details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,077 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Amazon are generally pretty good about issuing refunds when things are stuck in customs. In fact my refunds usually happened almost automatically.

No option to request a refund - the only update they have is Delayed At Customs :(

Seems to have been shipped by a third party so i guess they haven't filed the correct paperwork on it

I contacted An Post through twitter, they just gave me a number to ring so will try that and see how it goes!

I wish they'd just open it and see what it is and send it on!

Just to update - package arrived this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭EarWig

Anyone have an idea about the days that Amazon won't deliver this Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This morning Amazon prompted me to validate the CCV number of my card (on all my cards) and just refused to accept it.

So, I deleted all card and added them back, no problem.

And then during checkout this morning, I got the Mastercard secure prompt to validate the transaction in my banks app.

Looks like they finally managed to implement the required security as per EU guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Fugded

I was also prompted to do this today. Came on here to see if it happened to anyone else

• Advertisement

I've had to validate larger transaction since about August. Its more to do with the bank than Amazon. Doesn't matter where a big charge occurs I have to validate the transaction. In your case it was probably because Amazon treated your card as a new card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Amazon for me until today did not even require the CCV for transaction nor did it require Mastercard Secure Code (or the Visa equivalent).

Until yesterday they simply charged for me, today even small orders like 9£ need to be validated in App.

I don't mind but it's a change to the flow at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Amazon's customer service can be really odd. I bought an mixed media box set recently (vinyl, CDs, BD). Cost was £100. One of the CDs was damaged but is available on a standalone basis for £10. I contacted Amazon Chat and got the usual "we'll send a replacement and you must post the original back". I said I didn't want to post the original back due - it's basically inconvenient as I have to take time off work and I had thrown away the Amazon packaging. Instead I said "here's my solution - give me a goodwill / partial refund of £10 and I'll buy the standalone CD".

"No. Can't do that."

"Can you refer it to a superviser"

They came back a few minutes later and said "I'll process a returnless refund. You keep the item or dispose of it as you see fit." - so later on that evening, a credit for £100 appeared in Amazon Gift Card. While that's great and all, it's baffling why they would do that.

Just had a very easy time getting a refund from Amazon. Might be product related?

When I was in the UK a month back I bought a pair (one item) of DeWalt 5Amp XR batteries. Great price. Got them home used them and recharged them a couple of times and the charge indicator on one stopped working.

Started an Amazon Chat and explained the problem and the problem with sending a lithium battery back to them from Ireland. Instant offer of a partial refund of half the price and no need to return it. The battery still works but just doesn't show if its charged or not but the charger still charges it. Great result. Just wonder if reps handle anything that might need shipping a damaged lithium battery differently from other items? I know they did a "recall" of some of their own lithium power banks by refunding customers and telling them to dispose of the batteries locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Josh2015

will I be charged import duty for an amazon.co.uk product costing €150.76.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Allinall

You’ll certainly be charged VAT if the product would attract VAT here. (Not exempt or zero rated).

Duty would depend on the tariff code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

If direct from and fulfilled by Amazon then there are no additional charges as Irish VAT is deducted at point of sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Saw a deal on HUKD for the Sennheiser Momentum 4's on German Amazon.

For some reason (this is a recent development, i think) they cannot be shipped here. Checked .fr .co.uk and .es . Same thing.

Also HD 599 on .de and .co.uk, cannot be shipped either.

Has anyone else noticed that delivery times from Amazon DE have got much longer recently? It used to take a week max. Now the earliest delivery date for today is Wednesday 25 January. They are also using untracked Deutsche Post for deliveries which I've never seen before. Delivery is actually quick when dispatched, but dispatch takes ages.

I've no problems on Amazon UK. Delivery there is 1-2 days as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyone else having trouble with returns? I posted an item a week ago but it's not arrived at Amazon UK. I am guessing that the strikes might be causing delays.

Advertisement