Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭PenguinForce

Yeah, I plan to get onto them today. My credit card has been charged the full price of the order yesterday as well. The new estimate for the laptop is due for tomorrow and I hope I get a dispatch email today. And still no updates for the other two items.

Is there way to ask the status of a whole order? When I go into customer service it list individual items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

You can tell by the tracking if the stuff is in one delivery because all the items will have the same tracking number. CS should be able to see where the stuff is coming from and know if its all one or individual.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Chatted to a customer service person via webchat. From what the person said it looks like the laptop is coming from a far away fulfilment center as it wasn't available from the nearest one hence why the whole order is stuck as it's waiting for laptop to arrive. He said he has raised a ticket and the order should be with me within 24 hours from now. I don't know whether if that means is going to be dispatched and deliver tomorrow on the same day from the fulfilment center in Ireland or not. So far I have not received dispatch email.

I guess if it's not here tomorrow I will have to be back on them…

That all sounds very positive to me. I find more and more stuff coming from Amazon in France and that takes about a week. You can normally tell from the date Amazon give for when an item should be delivered if its a week off then its probably coming from Germany or France.

Just to add to your worries check you'll be getting a UK Keyboard? Assume far away in this case means other side of UK and not Europe?

Good catch. I gone back to check the laptop that I ordered and it doesn't say specifically UK layout at product info. The only part that said UK layout is in the "From manufacturer" section where you see all the "fancy" photos of the laptop is.

I searched in the specific info as well. I found an answer to someone asking about keyboard layout for another model as it also doesn't mention it. The answer said normally laptop sold on Amazon UK has UK layout and if it's not it will specify it in the product info.

Hopefully this far away fulfilment center is just somewhere in the UK

• Advertisement

I got another email and the delivery is now delayed again to the 29th. I'm starting to think they either sold more than what is in stock or some logistical issue has gone really wrong. Coincidentally the laptop went back up to 1 in stock yesterday after I contacted customer support and by end of the day is all gone.

Customer support just said they will submit another ticket directly to fulfilment center and I should receive a confirmation within 2 days for dispatch. It was stuck because of technical issues.

The main thing is that you got a delivery date. When that happens Amazon normally honour it as best they can. Worse is when they have it in stock but never give you a delivery date thats when you know you are being messed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi,

I selected the delivery option "Priority Delivery" for an item I ordered. Does this just mean I will recieve my parcel faster than with Standard Delivery'? Are there additional charges for Priority Delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I'm not trying to be smart but do you have a query with every Amazon order you place?😉

It would have shown the priority delivery charge when you selected it and it would also have shown in the final costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

For Amazon.com (US), priority delivery is about 50% more expensive than standard but you get the items within 2 or 3 days. Delivery by UPS.

• Advertisement

I got another email this morning with an update to my laptop that said "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date". It has been delayed twice already.

I got in contact with CS again. I was told that there was ticket logged on 26th last Friday and was investigated. The item is currently planned to get into shipment to the carrier facility on 2nd of August. The fulfillment center will ship the item on the 2nd. I'm not sure if the carrier facility is different to fulfillment centers or the same thing?

Then I got £5 promotional cert added to my account as an apology. It can be applied to items shipped and sold by Amazon.

I guess I have to wait again and see if it comes next week as I doubt I will get it by 2nd. By the sound of it they ran out of stock and they sold more than they have.

Thats the "we are going to fcuck you about email".

Have you been charged for the full order? If so get on to CS and ask for you money back until they ship which at this stage I'd start to doubt. Not impossible I've had the goods after that email but its also bee the start of a struggle to get amazon to supply.

I checked the product page and the item is currently unavailable and have no estimate of when it will be in stock. Like, I remember when I order it there was 4 and it went down 3 immediately after I ordered. I would have thought it in stock unless that's a lie and they based on whatever the logistic algorithm they have to get a new shipment in before the delivery date to make more sales.

Yes, the order has been charged onto my credit card. I was offered to do a refund by cancelling the order by the second agent I contacted. Can I do a refund without cancelling the order like you mentioned?

On another note. My other two items got an email on Saturday with a estimate delivery date of between tomorrow and Thursday. I don't think this was a coincidence. I was told by the first agent they wanted deliver all items at once. And now that I got no estimate for the laptop I think they want to deliver the other items first…

Honestly I am thinking of cancelling the whole order next week if I don't get a dispatch. Only reason keeping me from doing it already is that I can't find the laptop else where with cheaper price and also there aren't many places to order from.

Don't cancel - assuming you still want the item. But the fact they have charged your credit card is another stick to beat them with. The fact they are holding on to your money at least means they have some intention of delivering.

They can't say when you will get a delivery date therefore they are not in a position to sell you the item so should refund the money to your account the fact they took it means they thought they could fulfill the order. But once taken I don't think there is a mechanism for them to refund without you cancelling.

Don't know why but I've never been charged for an item that they couldn't give me a delivery date for until it was dispatched.

This is a gift so I don't want to cancel it and there are also no stock. Would be a shame if I did and then price goes back up when it comes back into stock. I feel like they got me by the balls. Currys have this laptop for online order but they are charging at least €500 more and I rather not deal with Currys.

I thought that as well regarding only charging when the item dispatches. They charged me for the whole order on the day of the first estimated delivery date for the laptop which was last Tuesday. I placed the order the Wednesday before. So I'm not sure whether their system thinks is able to ship so they charged or they have automated system that charges the card after certain amount of days has passed and just let the customer refund by cancelling.

I read a couple of stories online about people sometimes get their order auto cancelled after a few delays. But most of them I heard about are in the US so not sure if they operate slightly differently. Maybe the cost of the item is worth them not cancelling my order or they know they shipments soon. I guess no way to know other than go by what the agents say.

Amazon usually don’t charge until item is about to dispatch BUT earlier this year they did it to me. A new BD set that sold out really quickly. Scalpers were charging up to £100 for it.

So I said I’d try Amazon anyway. When I ordered it said “1-2 months for delivery” which usually means there is an issue obtaining more stock. However I was charged the following day (went from pending to an actual debit within 2 days). But the delivery date didn’t change & item never shipped. After a week of getting the run around from robotic, dishonest & disinterested staff I got a refund. Thankfully HMV’s Ebay store had one left so I went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

I'm always charged immediately after ordering. It must be at least 5 years since I wasn't charged until dispatch.

Depends how you pay? Can't say this is set in stone but Credit Cards tend to get charged on dispatch and Bank cards when ordering except when they can't give you a delivery date then they charged when they give you a delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

I always pay with Revolut. I've been using Revolut since 2017 and I definitely weren't normally charged immediately back then.

sorry, meant to say that’s for pre-orders. If the item has already been released and is in stock then you’re charged straightaway. I pre-order a lot of physical media months ahead of release but don’t pay until dispatch. Whereas if I pre-order from other places I’m charged immediately.

• Advertisement

100% sure with a bank card I don't get charged if they don't have a delivery date.

Spotted this this morning on breaking news ie. What a waste of space and my time reading it - nearly the silly season for news stories. Nothin explained and tells us nothing about how amazon.ie will affect buying from .co.uk?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/explained/explained-what-you-need-to-know-about-amazon-ie-launching-next-year-1655335.html

Anyone have any experience with OTP(one time password) required for delivery. I'm still waiting for my items to be ship but it will will require OTP on delivery since is valuable.

Do you get it by text or email and is it on the day of the delivery that you get this?

Also I seen some articles in UK and US regarding this system which essentially paints a big target on your parcel. Marking it as an expensive item. Stories like delivery drivers swapping the package for something else or try get your phone number(as they don't have your number) to bypass the OTP or pretend the OTP didn't work and go off with the package. I haven't seen anything mentioned in Ireland, maybe not a common problem here?

The value is on the customs declaration anyway and so is your phone number on some Amazon deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They do have your phone number or access to it anyway as I've been called by Amazon delivery drivers in the past. I've used OTP a while ago but can't remember how the password came

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've had 2 orders in the last 2 weeks with this (for me anyway) new system. Once the item was updated to be out for delivery the OTP was available in the Amazon app. The driver the first time told me he can't update the item as delivered in his app until he enters the code, so you'd hope that helps avoid possible theft.

In both instances I was at home, so I don't know what would happen if I wasn't there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Go back a couple of pages, it has been asked recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I THINK, open to correction, they can call you from their device but cannot actually see your number. i can't remember where i read that.

Amazon used to put the number on the package. Don't know if they still do but they don't with An Post delivered stuff but did with other carriers.

• Advertisement

I think I read something similar. It's like how food delivery platform like deliveroo or uber ring you through the their app and not to your number directly. I think is also a way of keeping customer info safe.

Advertisement