Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keelin shanley

Options
  • 03-10-2020 8:13pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

She was a decent journalist .I'm. sorry for her family. But she hardly deserves a book or front page on the Irish times magazine. It's the incestous Irish media promoting their own small pond

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Bobtheman wrote: »
    She was a decent journalist .I'm. sorry for her family. But she hardly deserves a book or front page on the Irish times magazine. It's the incestous Irish media promoting their own small pond

Edgy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There’s been books about far less “deserving” people put out. So why not Keelin Shanley?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Quite day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Good newsreader, sad loss.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

She was a sad loss but the magazine in the Irish times? I know the independent goes in for minor celebs but give me a break. Who buys these books?
    I see that andrea Corr was peddling her book again in the Sunday IND. She has her millions why can't she leave us alone?
    The same for keelin' s husband. I am sad for your loss but she hardly deserves a book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Gatling wrote: »
    Quite day ?

Quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A peculiar form of begrudgery.

A woman writes her own memoir while dying of cancer and her bereaved husband sees it through to publication.

If you don't appreciate the act of love involved in that process just forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Gatling wrote: »
    Quite day ?

Today actually wasn't a quiet day.
    Four stories which would normally be headlines on their own
    Over 600 cases of Covid-19 reported today with 10 deaths
    US presidents condition unclear as he is treated for covid
    A bus crash in Dublin with several injured
    Over 6000 students get an upgrade in results in their LC as a result of a screw up with the algorithm

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ByTheSea2019

I think the public liked her and will be interested, so there is coverage. When I saw her husband being interviewed I thought, I would like to read that book.

I think the public liked her and will be interested, so there is coverage. When I saw her husband being interviewed I thought, I would like to read that book.

Your reading list must be pretty slim if this is a priority

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Pokemon Go has been downloaded over a billion times.

I have no idea why, but I don't lose sleep over it.

Some people have different interests to you, that's the way of things.

Glazers Out!

She was a central figure in Irish broadcast journalism form many years. I would be interested in her perspective on key events or her experiences in her career. I'm not sure which approach the book will take.

elperello wrote: »

A woman writes her own memoir while dying of cancer and her bereaved husband sees it through to publication.

If you don't appreciate the act of love involved in that process just forget it.

He is entitled to his act of love but we all have lost loved ones . We don't hijack the national press She was a minior journalist

She was a central figure in Irish broadcast journalism form many years. I would be interested in her perspective on key events or her experiences in her career. I'm not sure which approach the book will take.

Central? How exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's a way for her to earn money for her kids after she's gone (a perfectly honourable and proper thing to do), if she only wanted to leave a story for her kids she would have done just that.

He is entitled to his act of love but we all have lost loved ones . We don't hijack the national press She was a minior journalist

She anchored the 6.01 news and presented Prime Time with others - two of our biggest current affairs programmes. In my opinion she was quite a significant journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

What exactly is your point, who's hijacking the national press, if you are not interested, don't read it, no one is forcing you to and maybe other people are interested in this,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Like I said Bob forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

What a talented broadcaster and Journalist Keelin was. She was so bright and enthusiastic. I genuinely thought she had beaten Cancer but it came back with a vengeance. She was due to travel to the U.S. to participate in a drugs trial. R.I.P. Keelin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

What a baffling thing to get annoyed about.

A pleasant, talented and intelligent lady is all I ever saw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

She was a sad loss but the magazine in the Irish times? I know the independent goes in for minor celebs but give me a break. Who buys these books?
    I see that andrea Corr was peddling her book again in the Sunday IND. She has her millions why can't she leave us alone?
    The same for keelin' s husband. I am sad for your loss but she hardly deserves a book
    Leave us alone? They're not doing anything to you! This material is so easy to avoid. Not sure Keelin's husband has millions, and you asked who buys these books - not you, and that's all that should matter to you. Definitely not worth getting even slightly riled over. Nobody is hijacking the national press - all of the other current information is still readily available.
    Oh dear, trying too hard it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Do you take every book you don't like so personally?

elperello wrote: »

that's the most restrained "fck off OP you total cnt" post - and totally applicable -that i've seen in this forum.

and...well done!. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Bob

You’re a grade A kunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Good newsreader, sad loss.
    She was much more than a newsreader, tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Thread closed, this is not worthy of being a current affairs topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement