Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Freeview Channels

Options
  • 03-10-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

Could always get the BBCs and ITVs on Freeview as well as the Irish channels on Saorview. Freeview channels are now gone but still getting Saorview. Same thing on two TVs. This happen to anyone else, or do I need to get the TV man in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Freeview is working fine for me in the twin towns area. RTE1 was breaking up a bit earlier on though.

Have you tried re scanning for them?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is your satellite dish ok?

MarkR wrote: »
    Is your satellite dish ok?
    He said Freeview so Im assuming that is exactly what he's referring to as a lot of the county picks up the spill over from NI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Heighway61

muffler wrote: »
    Freeview is working fine for me in the twin towns area. RTE1 was breaking up a bit earlier on though.

Have you tried re scanning for them?
    Yeah, tried re-scanning a few times on both TVs. I rebooted the antenna switch in the attic.

Will take a tv up to the attic and try a feed directly from the arial, rule out the switch. Then get somebody to look and the arial and cable.

Hope nothing has changed with Freeview that means it's gone in my area. For the first time in years, we missed the Saturday night ritual of pizza and match of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭paddyref

Something in a similar vein, I have VU Solo box to get freview channels and lately channels have started to disappear on that, any tips ?

• Advertisement

paddyref wrote: »
    Something in a similar vein, I have VU Solo box to get freview channels and lately channels have started to disappear on that, any tips ?
    If you're having similar problems with Freeview maybe there has been some sort of a transmission change. Are you in Donegal too?

What part of the county are you in? Is it Strabane or Limavady you get the signal from?

Havent checked today but as posted earlier my Freeview channels were fine last night. Sounds like it might be the aerial or the cable.

muffler wrote: »
    What part of the county are you in? Is it Strabane or Limavady you get the signal from?

Havent checked today but as posted earlier my Freeview channels were fine last night. Sounds like it might be the aerial or the cable.

I'm near Ramelton. So probably Limavady? Will get TV man in.

Heighway61 wrote: »
    If you're having similar problems with Freeview maybe there has been some sort of a transmission change. Are you in Donegal too?

No Cork, although now I'm beginning to think it's a tv box issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You aren't getting Freeview in Cork. Freesat I'd expect.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    You aren't getting Freeview in Cork. Freesat I'd expect.
    My bad......you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Teena56

I had that happen to me last year it ended up I had to get a new TV there was a receptor or something like that had gone the TV was 8 years old. Give Stanley Grier a call he is the local Ramelton TV man

Advertisement