Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Completely black out room with roller blinds, how?

• 04-10-2020 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭

I've a south facing living room with patio doors and a window and I'm going to get electric roller blinds for them as I work shift so half the time my current curtains are open/closed at the wrong time, I'm also thinking of getting a projector so would like for the room to be completely dark.

I fitted blackout roller blinds in my bedroom but no matter how I fitted them some light always got past so in the end I used system which Velcros to the window frame. I know if I just install the blinds that some light will seep past so I was thinking to do them like the security shutters in a shop and have the blind running in a channel but I can't find these on any site I check. I thought it was cassette but after watching a companies installation video they aren't.

What should I be looking for to get roller blinds that run in tracks so that I can completely black out my room?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Came across this video some time back and blinds look good, run in a channel as you said. Supposed to be expensive and not sure if that varieties can be motorised but he has all the links in his video.

Advertisement