Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handing out flyers during Covid

Options
  • 04-10-2020 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I've recently launched an online business. It's a side project that I've been working on for the past year. My target audience is mainly college students. I don't have much of a budget for marketing. But my plan (pre-Covid) for promoting the business initially was by putting flyers in letterboxes and handing out flyers directly to students on the streets just as they have left the college campuses.

Is there anything in the Covid restrictions that prevents people from handing out flyers directly to people? Or has anyone seen flyer handouts happening recently on streets? Obviously I know many people wont want to take a flyer off a stranger. But thats just something I have to accept. And I wouldnt be travelling to any Level 3 counties do to this.

I'd like to hear people's opinions on this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Nothing in covid regs, but there is in general littering laws.

If you hand someone a leaflet and they throw it to the ground, you are responsible for the litter fine.

This used to be rampant until the litter aspect was introduced and councils went hard on it and it stopped overnight. If 50 leaflets were thrown to the ground, that's €7,500 of fines!

Advertisement