Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat/kitten food

• 04-10-2020 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hey all

I wanted to ask what everyone feeds their kittens/older cats?
    We have two 13 week old kittens, and two 11.5yr old cats who recently had oral surgery to remove what remained of their teeth.

The kittens are currently eating the Premiere wet food 400g tins and the select gold dry food from maxi zoo (just transitioning from babycat to kitten dry food this week)
    The older girls are currently finishing the supply of whiskas and royal canin 12+ we had from their oral surgery. and we then plan to put them on the same type food as the kittens as the kittens are eating their food and same for one of the older cats.

I wanted to ask if there were any other similarly priced foods people would recommend that could be bought online and delivered?

I bulk buy litter every month from zooplus and used to always get our food from them too. But that was special food pre oral surgery.

I ask because this week maxi zoo was out of the food, and i had to go to ballincollig and midleton to get what i needed for the week.

And as I have mobility issues it would just be easier to bulk buy for the month in one go.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Look at Zooplus for well priced food, delivery free over €49. They have Whiskas and Royal Canin but the kittens wuld need to change as those brands are Maxizoo's own brands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

As far as I know, it’s either orijen or acana has an all age cat food that’s suitable for both kittens and adult cats. Might be worth checking that out as a something that they can all have!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭scilover

Look for options labeled as cat food for all ages, all life stages cat food or adult-specific, such as Tiny Tiger pate beef and poultry grain-free canned cat food or American Journey turkey and chicken grain-free dry cat food.

The amount to feed an adult cat depends on many factors, all of which influence caloric requirements, Dr. Gray says, including:

Activity level
    Metabolism
    Body size

“Feeding kittens several times a day is a good idea, but as cats mature, I typically recommend meal feeding adult cats twice daily,” she says. “Kittens typically need more calories due to their activity level and all the energy they have to put into growing, but this is only for the first year of their lives, and continuing to feed an increased calorie count past this period can result in obesity.”

references :https://petcentral.chewy.com/ages-stages-cat-food/#:~:text=Look%20for%20options%20labeled%20as,grain%2Dfree%20dry%20cat%20food.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Grainnef93

Carnilove cat food can be bought online. The ingredients are amazing.
    https://mutts.ie/product/carnilove-salmon-turkey-kitten-food-400g/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My cats of all ages have a diet based on raw food. Especially chicken. Supplemented by a good tinned variety ie one meal of each.

• Advertisement
Advertisement