Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an iPhone from Germany?

Options
  • 04-10-2020 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I’m looking at buying an iPhone 11 from the Amazon.de website for the teen. It’s cheaper.

Is there any disadvantage from buying from Germany?
    For example, is the spec the exact same as here? Will it be a 2 pin plug or will I have voltage issues to look out for?

Might be silly to ask, but it’s still a lot of money.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Pixied wrote: »
    I’m looking at buying an iPhone 11 from the Amazon.de website for the teen. It’s cheaper.

For example, is the spec the exact same as here? Will it be a 2 pin plug or will I have voltage issues to look out for?

Thanks!
    first off wait as 12 is out soon it will be 2 pin plug you can buy adapter have you looked at
    ebay UK for cheaper prices in search put in new

buy a cover they break easly

You also need 128 gb model not 64gb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

bobbyy gee wrote: »

No, she likes the XR too, thanks a mill.
    Do you know if U.K phones take an Irish sim? I heard before that they work from a different mobile setting to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Thanks!

I'll actually answer the question you asked!

No disadvantage, the plug will be different so you'll need an adapter. Other than that if it's a saving then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

No, she likes the XR too, thanks a mill.
    Do you know if U.K phones take an Irish sim? I heard before that they work from a different mobile setting to us.

U.K. and Irish versions are the exact same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement