If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv guide on OLED55E8PLA

Options
  • 04-10-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi,

I had to move my TV and r load the channels etc  and notice that the TV guide is not automatically reloading on the Satellite cannels   - it is on the Antenna ( Saorview ) ok no probla dna includes following days etc etc -

If I click on the satellite it loads that guide and one or two adjacent channels but only for the next hour ..... it is hard wired to land also tried it on  Wifi -  all other internet services working ok as before.. setting are ireland and all as far as I can see is set up as it was when working.

Any idea.?

thanks 

Eddie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

eddie wrote: »
    Hi,

I had to move my TV and r load the channels etc  and notice that the TV guide is not automatically reloading on the Satellite cannels   - it is on the Antenna ( Saorview ) ok no probla dna includes following days etc etc -

If I click on the satellite it loads that guide and one or two adjacent channels but only for the next hour ..... it is hard wired to land also tried it on  Wifi -  all other internet services working ok as before.. setting are ireland and all as far as I can see is set up as it was when working.

Any idea.?

thanks 

Eddie
    Hi Eddie,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm not too sure what's going on with that one to be honest.

Have you tried a factory reset to see if that resets the software and kicks it back into gear again? Let me know how you get on with a reset and a retune and I'll see if there is any other info out there!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Thanks David,

I tried that and no joy... still the Saorview list for days ahead loads automatically( antenna)  and on the ( satellite) Freeview only one or two channels for one hour only........  I noticied when I logged in that it had my location as UK and I changed it to Ireland... I wonder is that it ? After setting up the satations, locking and skipping etc etc,, I am reluctant to be trying all premutations, as it takes so long.. !

Thanks David,

I tried that and no joy... still the Saorview list for days ahead loads automatically( antenna)  and on the ( satellite) Freeview only one or two channels for one hour only........  I noticied when I logged in that it had my location as UK and I changed it to Ireland... I wonder is that it ? After setting up the satations, locking and skipping etc etc,, I am reluctant to be trying all premutations, as it takes so long.. !
    Hi eddie,

If you try changing the location it could be that the two locations are conflicting with each other?

The only other thing I can suggest is if you give LG a call they will be able to tell you if this is an issue or if the function is not supported any more!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Put in Location as Belfast and all ok..

Hey Eddie.

Glad you are back up and running :)

If you run into any further issues please let us know straight away.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hey Eddie.

Kenny.
    So upside of this is FTA ;menus loading perfectly and  I can see also ch4 player   But not BBC player as they must check IP   but so also must Virgin ( Ireland ) player check IP because that has ceased to work. For various reason I cannot run a VPN on the TV......

At the moment I can only record one station at a tome and critically I have to watch that station so pointless if there are two programs on at the same time that I want to watch... which makes you wonder about the whole point of recording..  is there any way around this without buying a 'box"

Hey Eddie.

Kenny.
    So upside of this is FTA ;menus loading perfectly and  I can see also ch4 player   But not BBC player as they must check IP   but so also must Virgin ( Ireland ) player check IP because that has ceased to work. For various reason I cannot run a VPN on the TV......

At the moment I can only record one station at a tome and critically I have to watch that station so pointless if there are two programs on at the same time that I want to watch... which makes you wonder about the whole point of recording..  is there any way around this without buying a 'box"
    Hi eddie,

Thanks for getting back to us!

To record one channel while watching a second would need a twin tuner built in and it seems like a lot of TVs are abandoning these now for single tuners.

Unfortunately there's no way around this without going for a separate Freesat box.

Kind regards

David

Hey Eddie.

Kenny.

Hi eddie,

To record one channel while watching a second would need a twin tuner built in and it seems like a lot of TVs are abandoning these now for single tuners.

Unfortunately there's no way around this without going for a separate Freesat box.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

Hey Eddie.

Kenny.

Hi eddie,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    No problem, let me know if you need anything else!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.