Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools closed until February? (part 3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Wouldn’t worry about schools, surely the clear evidence since sept is that schools don’t cause mass spreading......numbers would’ve been through the roof at an unprecedented scale for the last three months or so.....move along nothing to see here

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

TallyRand wrote: »
    Wouldn’t worry about schools, surely the clear evidence since sept is that schools don’t cause mass spreading......numbers would’ve been through the roof at an unprecedented scale for the last three months or so.....move along nothing to see here

After schools closed , an email was sent informing management of a 40% reduction in the hygiene budget for schools for this term . Expect to see lots more cases , lots more closures .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

After schools closed , an email was sent informing management of a 40% reduction in the hygiene budget for schools for this term . Expect to see lots more cases , lots more closures .

If true that's disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

If true that's disgraceful

Principals emailed on the 23rd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Stateofyou's threadban has been lifted after discussion with user.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Norma, winner of political new comer of the year!!!! They award incompentency now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

TallyRand wrote: »

I'm still waiting to see the clear evidence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

khalessi wrote: »
    Norma, winner of political new comer of the year!!!! They award incompentency now!!!

She can put the new trophy beside her hide-and-seek one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

massive drop in numbers from 1295 down to 744 today

looks like we wont even need a vaccine at this rate

schools will be open unless new strain takes off here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

combat14 wrote: »

Tony said this is most likely due to less testing on xmas day and yesterday, to expect a jump in the coming days.

• Advertisement

combat14 wrote: »

To be expected really when there was less testing over the last number of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KerryConnor

Would be fab if it was sign of drop but only 4k tests in last 24 hrs so not holding my breath

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Would be fab if it was sign of drop but only 4k tests in last 24 hrs so not holding my breath

Yes, I think there will be a massive jump coming now.

What is the story with the cut in the cleaning funding. Who ordered that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Stateofyou wrote: »

Norma, of course .

Norma, of course .

It makes no sense... what is the justification for that? Is there any info or press she has put out on this? Can anyone post what was put out/how they knew it was reduced? I'm interested to see the justification on this and because I would speak to our local TD about it.

It makes no sense... what is the justification for that? Is there any info or press she has put out on this? Can anyone post what was put out/how they knew it was reduced? I'm interested to see the justification on this and because I would speak to our local TD about it.

Considering the new strains, it could change back before new term starts.

Could be Pascal and/or Norma. Who knows and really does it matter. Says alot really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,556 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I can't see any school opening till at least the third week in January. Massive risk opening them again on the 6th of Jan with the way numbers in the community will be at that point.
    It will be announced late this week I'd say.
    It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Could be Pascal and/or Norma. Who knows and really does it matter. Says alot really.

I know, but I like to speak out about these things when it really matters. I don't want this funding cut in my own kids school. I need to go to the TD with more than rumour (not that you teachers aren't in the know).

Teacher's must be bricking it come January.

There was an email sent to principals around lunchtime on the 23rd. Officially on holidays but par for the course with this department.

Mental health and wellbeing of those who run our schools my ar$e.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    I can't see any school opening till at least the third week in January. Massive risk opening them again on the 6th of Jan with the way numbers in the community will be at that point.
    It will be announced late this week I'd say.
    It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

In my opinion we'll 100% be back. This is driven by political motives. Mehole has staked his reputation on all schools being fully open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

In my opinion we'll 100% be back. This is driven by political motives. Mehole has staked his reputation on all schools being fully open.

Not only him.

There was an email sent to principals around lunchtime on the 23rd. Officially on holidays but par for the course with this department.

Mental health and wellbeing of those who run our schools my ar$e.

Would the principal be willing to forward that do you think? I'm the pa chair if that makes any difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,556 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Not a notion.
    The numbers by next weekend will be up on 2k per day. Based on what schools were told before Xmas and those ever increasing numbers there's no way schools will reopen on the 6th. There is massive circulation in the community at that point and many schoolkids will have travelled the length and breadth of the country.....

Would the principal be willing to forward that do you think? I'm the pa chair if that makes any difference...

Principal has earned their downtime, just leave them alone to send time with their family.

kippy wrote: »
    Not a notion.
    The numbers by next weekend will be up on 2k per day. Based on what schools were told before Xmas and those ever increasing numbers there's no way schools will reopen on the 6th. There is massive circulation in the community at that point and many schoolkids will have travelled the length and breadth of the country.....

So what were schools told?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I was speaking to a friend in the UK today.
    Over there, in bad parts, they want to try test school students every three days.
    They're looking for people to go into the school to do the tests.
    I commented that you'd need to be well paid to consider that.
    She laughed and said that they're expected to volunteer!
    Good luck with that Boris.

To thine own self be true

Principal has earned their downtime, just leave them alone to send time with their family.

I'm in the downtime mode too, no worries there. :pac: I wouldn't have asked until school is due back, too right.

I was speaking to a friend in the UK today.
    Over there, in bad parts, they want to try test school students every three days.
    They're looking for people to go into the school to do the tests.
    I commented that you'd need to be well paid to consider that.
    She laughed and said that they're expected to volunteer!
    Good luck with that Boris.

THere was an article in that bastion of journalism the Daily Mail saying they wanted teachers to carry out the testing. lol

• Advertisement

khalessi wrote: »
    THere was an article in that bastion of journalism the Daily Mail saying they wanted teachers to carry out the testing. lol

Ahh sure they can give up their lunchbreaks 😂

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement