Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools closed until February? (part 3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭C__MC

And should primary go all the way to end of July?

Nop call it quits in june

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Has anyone got any idea what is causing the huge increase in numbers in Louth? They've shot up the incidence rate table in the past 10 days or so.

Border county... the new strain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Over 6000 cases today, nearly 800 people in hospital with the virus.

Projections now of 1500 to 2000 people being hospitalised by mid January and between 200 and 400 in icu and we have people on here annoyed about teachers possibly still getting holidays!

And then we have morons like Josepha Madigan saying schools will go back and “where’s Wally” Nora still bleating about schools being some form of ****in Narnia type place where normality takes leave of itself.

Schools are only as safe as the communities they’re in you plebs, stop playing politics with this as this affects people’s lives greatly.

This is going to put so many people out, enough of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wonder we looking at full educational shutdown or will creche, primary stay open and secondary go online.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Wonder we looking at full educational shutdown or will creche, primary stay open and secondary go online.

I think the current situation is way too bad to leave anything open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Reading between the lines I think nephet will recommend schools stay closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I thought the above is what would happen but who knows now. NPHET still pushing the narrative that school testing rate is lower than the community rate so we could be looking at full return.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

alroley wrote: »
    I think the current situation is way too bad to leave anything open

And third level which is open but not being mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I thought the above is what would happen but who knows now. NPHET still pushing the narrative that school testing rate is lower than the community rate so we could be looking at full return.

If it is a return. It might be blended. 3rd and 6th in the building. 1st, 2nd, 5th, online. Teacher stays in building.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Yeah I could see them saying creche and primary open. And secondary online bar health care workers or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the thought of going back at all and in any capacity with this level of transmission is pretty damn scary, imagine getting covid and needing a hospital bed in 2-3 weeks time, its going to be absolute mayhem

jrosen wrote: »
    Reading between the lines I think nephet will recommend schools stay closed.

Funny how I think the opposite. Repeating the school rate is lower than the community line.

Funny how I think the opposite. Repeating the school rate is lower than the community line.

Really? Maybe we are both subconsciously preparing for the worst. Me needing to home school and you needing to be on the premises lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Clouron

One of the trade unions is suggesting to push out extended break to Monday 18th January as health experts would have much better sight of the restrictions working and time to sort out the track trace computer etc. Start back sometime that week...lose holidays later in year...

jrosen wrote: »
    Really? Maybe we are both subconsciously preparing for the worst. Me needing to home school and you needing to be on the premises lol

Maybe. So many different rumours and interpretations of said rumours. My head is spinning.

Clouron wrote: »
    One of the trade unions is suggesting to push out extended break to Monday 18th January as health experts would have much better sight of the restrictions working and time to sort out the track trace computer etc. Start back sometime that week...lose holidays later in year...

TUI tweeted that they suggested that to Norma today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Maybe. So many different rumours and interpretations of said rumours. My head is spinning.

its exhausting, i wish they would just tell us now one way or the other so we can try to mentally and physically prepare for whatever is to happen.

It is exhausting. I think everyone is just so tired of it all. It’s like being in a heightened state all the time.

Pushing out another week to see how things lie makes sense I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Honestly if we were to close for one week I'd definitely prefer take it as holidays and catch up on missed time at Easter/ summer. If closed longer then go for online learning.

Of course the danger there is that the Govt keeps pushing out closures week on week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Approaching 25% in community I reckon to end of Jan at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

If Norma Foley appears again at this stage and says schools are safe she should be force-fed her own shoulder-pads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

its exhausting, i wish they would just tell us now one way or the other so we can try to mentally and physically prepare for whatever is to happen.

Schools will not reopen until 1st Feb at the earliest and quite possibly a week or two later than that. Mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Clouron

Agree with ye all at this stage. Everyone so tired of it and that's not to disrespect all those who have suffered. But I think week to week might be they best route. At this stage..a week is a long time in covid ...no one has all the answers. Not even government or ministers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Keeping schools (and borders) open has cost lives, and continues to wreck and destroy the economy.

The infuriating thing is even if one day Tony and his slaves admit they were wrong, they will hide behind data they have presented in an extremely manipulated way.

If certain people, children in this case, are known to show less severe/appear near asymptomatic, they will very naturally be tested less and therefore will appear less represented in the positive testing. 1000% that is clear to everyone with the most basic of logic that does not in any way shape or form mean that children are not carrying the virus. Every last medical study in the world has shown that the virus spreads through both adults and children.

There is nothing debatable, uncertain, murky about this. It is clear as daylight. Tony and his slaves have literally destroyed this country to keep their positions of power protected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

If Norma Foley appears again at this stage and says schools are safe she should be force-fed her own shoulder-pads.

Ah that gave me a great laugh, needed that thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭combat14

If it is a return. It might be blended. 3rd and 6th in the building. 1st, 2nd, 5th, online. Teacher stays in building.

one would have to question is it even safe for teachers at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I told ye last week, they would be closed till at least 3 weeks into Jan - looking at the numbers currently, that could nearly be out to Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

This would work very well for secondary as we could just work through the Feb midterm to make up the week and it would mean you'd have the leeway to push out mocks too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I think if Boris comes out with a long closure and the north follows suit ireland will not have a chance keeping them open. They’d be torn apart

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement