Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 4 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Its a terrible colour, but it works on that car. Looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Tpday was a good day for spotting around town. Here is what I saw today:
    9FnI8ae.jpg
    SGsqaPO.jpg
    3CtPTsE.jpg

Saw also M8 Competition but for some reason can'tupload photo on imgur.If yont you can see them on my IG @marcinek_55 i will upload more of those cars above and set of photos od M8 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The grill on that BMW is an absolute shocker, looks more ridiculous with the positioning of the reg plate. They could at least try offset it like Alfa did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Tzardine wrote: »
    It's all subjective but I think it looks terrible both the car and the colour, whether on that particular car or otherwise. Screams look at me, I really want to be noticed also. Design of the car looks toyish in my eyes while the headlights seem to look somewhat bland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Tzardine wrote: »

wouldn't be my first choice of color but it works on the car.

grille looks like sh1te. Completely put me off the 4 series and m4

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    The grill on that BMW is an absolute shocker, looks more ridiculous with the positioning of the reg plate. They could at least try offset it like Alfa did.

It thinks it’s a Pontiac!
    Horrible

Saw also M8 Competition but for some reason can'tupload photo on imgur.If yont you can see them on my IG @marcinek_55 i will upload more of those cars above and set of photos od M8 too.

Have it fixed:
    0pKNhMp.jpg
    IRrDi5Z.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The placement of the ///M8 badge looks wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

IMG-20210513-180622.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

I see this Levante most mornings, for a diesel it sounds great ;)

552993.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Miscreant

GeneHunt wrote: »
    I see this Levante most mornings, for a diesel it sounds great ;)

I've seen that, or one very similar around my neck of the woods several times in the last few weeks. I doubt there are too many if them about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

User banned for 24hrs for quoting photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Slideways

Same street, 100m away from each other. Owner unlocked the 750 as I was taking the photo, he was quite pleasant and offered to stand back so I could get another shot if I wanted

553092.jpeg

553093.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭tc20

a tale of two Mercs -
    this has me perplexed (the S-class) - while I 'get' young lads doing a bit of 'badge engineering' on say a Civic to make it look like a Type R or that kinda thing, and whatever your thoughts on German plates, the C63 is legit.
    (Putting side grilles, quad exhausts etc on a 320/520D for the M3/M5 rep is pushing it imho)

However, I passed a local car park and saw what I originally thought at first glance was a Maybach (there is/was one that lived local-ish in north Wicklow but I think the owner has moved it on) so I doubled back to have a closer look. It ain't, despite the Maybach bonnet badge replacing the MB star, and other badges.
    It's a very fine luxobarge in its own right - an S500e - is this upping the game somewhat :confused:

553312.jpg

553313.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Be that as it may OSI, real Maybachs have A different badge in place of the Mercedes logo:

maybach-car-badge-A4HB7X.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A real Maybach has the rear quarter window built into the rear pillar, not the door. Think that one is a 500 hybrid with some Maybach badges and wheels.

Better than an S63 replica all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Hurrache wrote: »

Its bad enough that BMW have to ape Audi in their designs - they'd be rightly burned at the stake if they copied Alfa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

OSI wrote: »
    what AMG is to performance Mercs.

A trim level these days. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

A real Maybach has the rear quarter window built into the rear pillar, not the door. Think that one is a 500 hybrid with some Maybach badges and wheels.

Better than an S63 replica all the same!

you're spot on there, not a maybach and is a 500 hybrid

He has the maybach front grille too, I'd imagine it cost him a small fortune to get it that way but honestly cannot fathom why anyone would do it

Be that as it may OSI, real Maybachs have A different badge in place of the Mercedes logo:

Maybach is to Mercedes as Vignale is to Ford - a spec level.

But MetzgerMeister I think your wrong on the MB badge.

Here's a photo lifted from Mercedes Benz website
    (https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/vehicles/passenger-cars/mercedes-maybach/mercedes-maybach-s-class/)

01-mercedes-benz-mercedes-maybach-s-class-2021-z223-3400x1440.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I stand corrected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,388 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What is with the massive grille chic Germans are going for lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ The ugliest yoke competition. ;)

Vicxas wrote: »
    What is with the massive grille chic Germans are going for lately?

It's the Chinese market you have to thank for that!

The Chinese love their big chrome grilles on their long wheel base cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

One of the neighbours cars!

553510.jpg

553511.jpg

Saw my all time favourite sedan an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (i must own this car one day) and BMW M6:
    iw1CUWr.jpg
    fPtJVhm.jpg
    x81pcBl.jpg
    DgRZgDV.jpg

If that Alfa could be a woman she would have one hell of body...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why does the alfa have a blank spot in it's front grill. Considering how much it costs it seems strange unless there is a purpose of it which I am inclined to think so but for the life of me I have no clue why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Probably adaptive cruise?

• Advertisement

Saw my all time favourite sedan an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (i must own this car one day) and BMW M6:

If that Alfa could be a woman she would have one hell of body...

I used to see that Alfa most mornings, the previous owner is now in a white 2020 BMW 7 Series 745e M Sport

Here's my post from 25th Sep 2019 posted on "Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)", the sound of the Alfa is beautiful too . :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111340813&postcount=8756

Advertisement