Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Graham wrote: »
    Given the current polls, let us hope you are correct.

The issue with polls is Hilary won the national vote and still lost. Can't trust polls when they roughly getting the same amount of votes anyhow its often a near split down the middle. Biden has to win the states Hilary lost to have a chance. Nobody truly knows here have the Trump voters had enough of him and there voting now here for Biden instead. National polls can be misleading when you notice there likely to be 60 million people always picking a democrat know matter who it is. Its rare they don't get over 55 million votes.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭hometruths

I don't think either side would argue the media has no influence.

Of course not. It has increasingly massive influence. And unfortunately it will get worse and worse long after trump and Biden are forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Beastie Boys for Biden. Game over.

This is the first time Beastie Boys have ever licensed their music for use in an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

This is the first time Beastie Boys have ever licensed their music for use in an ad.

I read that alright, desperate times I spose.. Love the beastie boys stuff.

All Trump seems to get is cease and desists from music artists he uses.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

The issue with polls is Hilary won the national vote and still lost. Can't trust polls when they roughly getting the same amount of votes anyhow its often a near split down the middle.

I'd agree polls aren't entirely accurate, and certainly in the case of the popular vote they've twice in recent memory proven to be a poor predictor of the next President. Bush and Trump both losing the popular vote but winning the electoral college vote to become president.

Keeping in mind it's the swing states where this election will be won or lost, if you look at the polls for those states the gaps between Democrats & Republicans are much wider than they were in the last election.

It's worth taking a look at the poll-of-polls (there are several) which as the name suggest track the results for all of the polls taken in each of the states. It's interesting to compare the gaps between Rep/Dem for this election against the gaps in the last election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I read that alright, desperate times I spose.. Love the beastie boys stuff.

He's at it again tonight, using "Fortunate Son" after he was sent a cease and desist.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,637 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He's at it again tonight, using "Fortunate Son" after he was sent a cease and desist.

Law and Order President everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

A millionaire draft dodger using Fortunate Son at campaign events :rolleyes:

Especially funny he uses that song with him being a draft dodger.

A millionaire draft dodger using Fortunate Son at campaign events :rolleyes:

Yep. And the maskless stand there and cheer him on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Especially funny he uses that song with him being a draft dodger.

And literally a fortunate son.

It aint me.
    It aint me.
    I aint no fortunate son.

- male heir of a real estate empire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I'd agree polls aren't entirely accurate, and certainly in the case of the popular vote they've twice in recent memory proven to be a poor predictor of the next President. Bush and Trump both losing the popular vote but winning the electoral college vote to become president.

Keeping in mind it's the swing states where this election will be won or lost, if you look at the polls for those states the gaps between Democrats & Republicans are much wider than they were in the last election.

It's worth taking a look at the poll-of-polls (there are several) which as the name suggest track the results for all of the polls taken in each of the states. It's interesting to compare the gaps between Rep/Dem for this election against the gaps in the last election.

This was two to three weeks before the last election (link) Hilary supposedly had a 11 point lead over Trump. Vanished and was just make believe when the vote came in.There now claiming biden has a 14 point lead. I wait till the vote in before believing any poll.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/16/clinton-holds-11-point-national-lead-over-trump-nbcwsj-poll.html

We can't trust polls from media sites who have for 4 years attacked Trump. They are likely sampling to push an agenda that biden futher ahead in these swing states. It not beyond them to manipulate polls to convince the electorate Trump losing. Its all a game. Pollsters also have their biases for someone.

This was two to three weeks before the last election (link) Hilary supposedly had a 11 point lead over Trump. Vanished and was just make believe when the vote came in.There now claiming biden has a 14 point lead. I wait till the vote in before believing any poll.

That 14 point lead is based on the popular vote for the entire US. It's not a great predictor because the popular vote doesn't get you into the Whitehouse.

There are certain states that will pretty much always vote the same way, a 100% win in any of these states would increase the (meaningless) popular vote but have no effect at all on the Presidential race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Overheal wrote: »
    Meh. Your causal links between people don't really cement the argument that those same orgs are not "remotely credible."

Where there is smoke there is fire, Truth does not seem to matter to you if it makes the Democrats, the left and Antifa look bad in anyway.

Where there is smoke there is fire

That's what Giuliani would like everyone to believe.

Fortunately most of the world looks at evidence rather than accusation.

When you think about it, it kinda makes sense.

*conspiracy theorists excepted

Where there is smoke there is fire, Truth does not seem to matter to you if it makes the Democrats, the left and Antifa look bad in anyway.

Telling that rather than do better to make a compelling argument that these orgs are "not remotely credible" you go to personal attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭briany

Is Ted Nugent still pro-Trump? The Nuge would probably not only let Trump use all his music but personally warm up and open for Trump at every rally.

Truth does not seem to matter to you if it makes the Democrats, the left and Antifa look bad in anyway.

lol

if you disagree with my copy & paste-from-the-interwebs list of anecdotal connections you must be a lefty hugging Antifa cheerleader.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    He says he has Hunter's signature on the contract, the one that says the shop owner gets ownership of the laptop and data if it's not collected or paid for. He would be doing serious, serious jail time if he is part of a hoax. The article also points out no one in the Biden camp or on the email chains relating to shady business deals in Ukraine and China have questioned their authenticity. Time to face the facts and face the music.

So the gent who is legally blind knew that he not only had Hunter Bidens laptop but his signature to say it was his, and he found a bunch of stuff in it he felt should be copied and passed onto Rudy's lawyer. Not directly to a Republican senator, or Mitch, or to any of the Whitehouse staff. And the Republican Senate committee looking into this last year, a day after it closed, got word of this laptop. And through proxies have sat on this information for over a year by this point. And the FBI were made aware of this, but chose not to act. Huh. Whoever the writing team on this season of 2020 is, they better get at least an Emmy for it.

So by your own reckoning all the things Trump has been accused of and comments attributed to him, and in some cases been recorded saying, must have some basis in fact right?

• Advertisement

And the FBI were made aware of this, but chose not to act. Huh. Whoever the writing team on this season of 2020 is, they better get at least an Emmy for it.

Much more to come apparently, I'm sure it will be drip-fed to publication over the next two weeks.

Already circulating, innuendo of kiddy pics.

All this set against a backdrop where the U.S. security services have told President Trump that Russia are feeding Giuliani misinformation.

Much more to come apparently, I'm sure it will be drip-fed to publication over the next two weeks.

Already circulating, innuendo of kiddy pics.

All this set against a backdrop where the U.S. security services have told President Trump that Russia are feeding Giuliani misinformation.

I would laugh if it wasn't incredibly scary to be honest. I may not post here often, but I've been a Boards member for some time and I have a vested interest in this election as myself and my partner would like to head back to her family at some point soon.

The fact that you have a guy who has openly insinuated he would date his daughter and some of the accompanying pictures over the years that show some, for me, pretty disturbing visuals and yet have people going to bat for him even on this thread is really an eye opener.

I honestly despair at the depths some are going to try and make this guy acceptable.

Forget all the personal character traits, just the obstruction of justice alone, nevermind the other high crimes and misdemeanors.

It's terrifying.

So much of it just doesn't add up, Giuliani can't not but have serious serious doubt as to the authenticity of these emails.

Who'd like to bet Giuliani gets a presidential pardon in the next few weeks to protect him from all of this.

When he said the other day he would leave the US if he was to lose the election, and his followers see it as a joke I'm honestly questioning if it is. Realistically he knows there are several indictments coming once he is out of office. Also have to say Barr is being really quiet in all this.

Can you imagine if he uses AF1 as a getaway vehicle :-D

When he said the other day he would leave the US if he was to lose the election, and his followers see it as a joke I'm honestly questioning if it is. Realistically he knows there are several indictments coming once he is out of office. Also have to say Barr is being really quiet in all this.

Can you imagine if he uses AF1 as a getaway vehicle :-D

I feel like the cabinet would have literally no choice but 25A

Overheal wrote: »
    I feel like the cabinet would have literally no choice but 25A

You would hope that they would nix any visits to places without an extradition treaty. As for the cabinet itself, reckon they should have already stepped in by this point. Even the lock her up rhetoric, again at that rally the other day.

He will push it for all he can, he will get his followers as riled up as he can and push them to more extreme acts. And when all is said and done he will run, and try and push the blame onto them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

wow, this thread has turned into a giant leftie echo chamber lately... but I think that's how you guys like it right? :pac:

If I were you Biden groupies, I'd be getting some cash down at the bookies on Trump... you'll be kicking yourself if you didn't capitalize on these great odds when Trump wins! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,760 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Phoebas wrote: »
    It's hard to believe that we are ruminating over the perception that Hunter Biden may have been favoured because of the position his father held six years ago, when the current White House is packed to the gills with Trump family members.

Not to mention, the lad who was paramount in this being made up/leaked/uncovered/discussed or whatever, Mr Rudy Giuliani, has a son working in the White House since March 2017 as a Public Liaison Assistant to President Donald Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

If I were you Biden groupies, I'd be getting some cash down at the bookies on Trump... you'll be kicking yourself if you didn't capitalize on these great odds when Trump wins!

It ll be interesting to see how he cries when he's humiliated, further, hope twitter servers are able to handle it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement