Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,628 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

My source less reliable than CNN so yeah make of it what you will.

Nice edit when you changed 'is as reliable as CNN' to 'less reliable than CNN'

Be that as it may, the gateway pundit is a long-time steaming pile of turd masquerading as a news site.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

On top of that, they state at the very end that they haven't validated any of the claims... So what differentiates this from pizzagate conspiracies?

It's boggling that adults write these articles and then adults post them here on boards. To live in such a fantasy land is saddening to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Igotadose wrote: »
    Nice edit when you changed 'is as reliable as CNN' to 'less reliable than CNN'

Be that as it may, the gateway pundit is a long-time steaming pile of turd masquerading as a news site.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

CNN is rated as MIXED. I thought Gateway Pundit was the same but no, it is 1 rating lower. So I edited my post for accuracy. You have a problem with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,628 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

CNN is rated as MIXED. I thought Gateway Pundit was the same but no, it is 1 rating lower. So I edited my post for accuracy. You have a problem with that?

And to clarify, pundit is rated 'low', next-to-lowest level as a 'questionable source'

I have a problem insofar as 'a Trumpist thinks the gateway pundit is legitimate enough to quote here' problem, but fortunately you took a moment to learn a bit more about the gateway pundit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No one thinks Trump is Hitler, he built the autoban, Trump couldn't even build a bit of wall.

I actually laughed out loud at this! Brilliant

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

CNN is rated as MIXED. I thought Gateway Pundit was the same but no, it is 1 rating lower.

lol

mediabiasfactcheck.com summary

Gateway pundit:
    Overall, we rate The Gateway Pundit Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracies and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news.

Graham wrote: »
    lol

mediabiasfactcheck.com summary

Gateway pundit:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/lax-online-security-appears-to-allow-cancelling-other-voters-mail-in-ballots-in-some-states_3543408.html

Here's another link from a CNN level outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Politically speaking I'd generally lean more right of centre than left

but Trump

I'm not particularly a huge Biden fan/supporter. In normal times I probably wouldn't give him a second consideration

but Trump

IMHO Trump has done such a poor job over the last 4 years there really is no option other than

anybody but Trump

I can only see his handling of the covid crisis since April as his downfall ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So Trump rolled out his latest "burn" on Biden during one of his rallies.
    President Donald Trump attempted to make fun of former Vice President Joe Biden during a campaign rally in Carson City, Nevada, on Sunday by saying “he’ll listen to the scientists” during the coronavirus pandemic.

“If I listened totally to the scientists we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression, instead of, we’re like a rocket ship, take a look at the numbers”

So - Joe Biden shouldn't be elected because "He'll listen to the Scientists".

Listening to the experts is a diss now....

As Trump himself says "look at the numbers"

220,000 Dead so far ,
    900,000 New Unemployment Claims last week alone

That's a new Lincoln Project ad right there.

Mediabiasfactcheck.com summary
    Overall, we rate The Epoch Times borderline Questionable and Right Biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the right. We also rate them factually Mixed due to the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of pro-Trump propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as failed fact checks.

• Advertisement

As I said CNN level.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/
    Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah you cant really compare it with this for CNN
    Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks

you think this
    publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of pro-Trump propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as failed fact checks.

is comparable to this
    We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks

yeah you cant really compare it with this for CNN

MBFCMixed.png?w=355&ssl=1

CNN is also mixed, what are you saying?

you think this

is comparable to this

CNN aren't even rated as "mostly factual".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So Trump rolled out his latest "burn" on Biden during one of his rallies.

So - Joe Biden shouldn't be elected because "He'll listen to the Scientists".

Listening to the experts is a diss now....

As Trump himself says "look at the numbers"

220,000 Dead so far ,
    900,000 New Unemployment Claims last week alone

That's a new Lincoln Project ad right there.

Trump's record job destruction continues unabated. Yet he will lie and claim everything is great.

CNN aren't even rated as "mostly factual".

cnn are also not summed up as
    pseudoscience and the promotion of pro-Trump propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as failed fact checks.

you seriously cannot see the difference? I have bolded some words that may be helpful.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump's record job destruction continues unabated. Yet he will lie and claim everything is great.

That's very disingenuous and you know it. Trump was doing really great on the jobs front pre-corona.

All countries are struggling now. If you want to blame anyone then blame the Chinese communist party.

Their scientists are going missing, they allowed flights out of Wuhan when they locked down the city internally.

cnn are also not summed up as

you seriously cannot see the difference? I have bolded some words that may be helpful.

So CNN are Mixed+ and ET are Mixed- ? As I said before, come back to me when then can even achieve a "Mostly factual" rating.

So CNN are Mixed+ and ET are Mixed- ? As I said before, come back to me when then can even achieve a "Mostly factual" rating.

come back to me when you start looking at detail instead of the headline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That's very disingenuous and you know it. Trump was doing really great on the jobs front pre-corona.

All countries are struggling now. If you want to blame anyone then blame the Chinese communist party.

Their scientists are going missing, they allowed flights out of Wuhan when they locked down the city internally.

Just continued on Obama's work on reducing unemployment. He didn't bring anything new to the party.

united-states-unemployment-rate.png?s=usurtot&v=202010162300V20200908&d1=20101022

You'd make a much better argument if anyone was actually quoting CNN as a rebuttal to your unverified pseudo-reporting from a 'publication' with a history of "promotion of conspiracies and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news".

You'd make a much better argument if anyone was actually quoting CNN as a rebuttal to your unverified pseudo-reporting from a 'publication' with a history of "promotion of conspiracies and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news".

Look, just pointing our that there are allegations that the online voter registration in multiple states are insecure and ballots can be cancelled. Let's see what more legitimate sources have to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

My source less reliable than CNN so yeah make of it what you will.

I did ...... And it is

Look, just pointing our that there are allegations that the online voter registration in multiple states are insecure and ballots can be cancelled. Let's see what more legitimate sources have to say...

That's a little disingenuous after a dozen posts attempting to defend the credibility of your source in the face of your own research which tells you the source is known for conspiracy theories and fake news.

unsubstantiated allegations from a site that is known to peddle lies. yet somehow you think that is worthy of consideration.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Except he wasn't really..

He'd created less jobs than Obama did in a similar timeframe both in actual numbers and in terms of % Increase.

Like every single one of his "successes" in his life , it's not quite as brilliant as he claims.

That's a little disingenuous after a dozen posts attempting to defend the credibility of your source in the face of your own research which tells you the source is known for conspiracy theories and fake news.

No, I was also using this topic as a vehicle to also push the "You can't trust CNN" narrative. Probably should have just left that out. Worked better yesterday when people were quoting CNN as fact.

No, I was also using this topic as a vehicle to also push the "You can't trust CNN" narrative. Probably should have just left that out. Worked better yesterday when people were quoting CNN as fact.

Most of what CNN publish is fact, all be it fact with a partisan bias.

The same can largely be said of Fox, fact with a partisan bias.

Read both and others then make your own mind up. In general, avoid the conspiracy theory sites unless you're actually looking for conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Except he wasn't really..

He'd created less jobs than Obama did in a similar timeframe both in actual numbers and in terms of % Increase.

Like every single one of his "successes" in his life , it's not quite as brilliant as he claims.

Regardless of who's in charge, unemployment being low isn't great if you still have people needing to work 2 jobs to nearly reach the poverty line.

There's 40m Americans living in poverty. Minimum wage is needed for low unemployment to be a success.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement