Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,636 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Seems like all he did was debunk that it's Russian interference.

Denial and Debunking aren't the same, I don't see how he plans to debunk that it's Russian interference. As I pointed out this is the same guy who said Russia didn't interfere in 2016 - they did:

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume1.pdf
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume2.pdf
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume3.pdf
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume4.pdf

And this is an Intelligence Director ffs.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hoop66 wrote: »
    This post is rather stupid.

As well as lacking substance it is also poorly worded. Almost as if it were written by a child.

Why is this posted carded but the goading is ignored?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Somebody earlier in the thread (or maybe a different one) said that Trump is sending messages to the wrong people these days - the people whose vote for him is already certain, rather than the undecided voter.

You have to wonder how he thinks 'Biden will listen to the scientists' will go down well with the American public in general. Sure, it'll get some whoops of approval at his rallies, but that's not who he needs to be speaking to right now.

And gives Biden the easy riposte with 'Yes, yes I will.'

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    We'll see if the FBI or any other intelligence agency contradict him. They had the laptop data for almost a year so should be in a position to clarify to the voting public if there is a massive Russian hoax against Biden. Or, maybe, if Hunter Biden or Joe Biden will finally say the emails, photos, videos and text messages are fake. So far they are dodging answering this very basic question. Why?

Bidenites here congratulate themselves for coming up with the bizarre assertion that they are not denying it to the American public because it might annoy Giuliani :pac:

"We'll see if the FBI or any other intelligence agency contradict him."

The FBI have said they are investigating if it is - I doubt they are finished that investigation yet.

And given that Ratcliffe has disagreed with his own intelligence teams repeatedly , and as other have said he continues to say that the Russians never interfered in the elections despite mountains of proof otherwise.

"They had the laptop data for almost a year"

No one knows if this is true - All we have is Rudi saying they have. The FBI have not commented one way or the other

So far they are dodging answering this very basic question. Why?

They are refusing to engage in the hoax at all , which is the correct approach , don't give it oxygen.

If they respond beyond saying the whole thing is a smear campaign (which is what they've done) then that just kicks off another round of media coverage of their rebuttal , followed by another few days of the Trump team rebutting the rebuttal and so on and so on.

That is the actual goal here , not to prove/dis-prove the evidence , but simply to have the words "Biden" , "Emails" "Crime" floating in the ether out there and soaking into peoples brains over and over.

The Biden team are taking the right approach - Deny it oxygen , don't talk about it let it wither.

And , outside of Media that's almost exclusively consumed by people that are already confirmed Trump voters the story has already moved on.

The story outside the Trump voter media bubble is now about Rudi Guiliani and conversations around how compromised he is vis-a-vis Russian dis-information.

Not a single voters mind is going to be changed by this story , or at least not enough to move the needle for Trump in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

osarusan wrote: »
    Somebody earlier in the thread (or maybe a different one) said that Trump is sending messages to the wrong people these days - the people whose vote for him is already certain, rather than the undecided voter.

You have to wonder how he thinks 'Biden will listen to the scientists' will go down well with the American public in general. Sure, it'll get some whoops of approval at his rallies, but that's not who he needs to be speaking to right now.

Trump is a dumb ass who only listens to himself.

All Biden has to do is let Trump campaign for him which is what Trump is doing every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭rgossip30

This election will be decided on by personalities past achievements do not count .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Trump is apparently doing very well among the hispanic community. I'll need to find more information on that to share but theory was that the democrats failure to condemn BLM and antifa rioting was a big factor.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He's spent his entire Presidency only focused on his base , actively ignoring any opportunity to expand that base or gain new support

So whilst it's obviously very damaging to his election prospects , it's entirely in keeping with his approach thus far.

He actively removes anyone that doesn't agree with him absolutely and flags them as "enemies" and it seems he's doing the same with voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,611 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

rgossip30 wrote:
    This election will be decided on by personalities past achievements do not count .
    This election will be decided by the amount of people who despise Trump and will vote for Biden to make sure Trump is gone. That number is quite large.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump is apparently doing very well among the hispanic community. I'll need to find more information on that to share but theory was that the democrats failure to condemn BLM and antifa rioting was a big factor.

Please provide the relevant statistics.

We'll wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Overheal wrote: »
    Denial and Debunking aren't the same, I don't see how he plans to debunk that it's Russian interference. As I pointed out this is the same guy who said Russia didn't interfere in 2016 - they did:

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume1.pdf
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume2.pdf
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume3.pdf
    https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume4.pdf

And this is an Intelligence Director ffs.

He said there was no collusion or collaboration with Russia and the Trump campaign, that was the finding of the investigation. He also declassified a briefing given to Obama as president by the head of the CIA John Brennan in July 2016 which gave indications that Clinton's campaign might try to link hacking of their computer systems to Trump-Russia collusion to divert attention away from her email scandal. The declassified document is available online.

I don't see how that's anything to do with my point though.

Which was that, in my opinion, 'Biden will listen to the scientists' as some kind of scare tactic will not go over very will with the majority of people whose vote for him is not already in the bag. If it causes any shift in preference, it's likely to lose him more votes than it gains him.

I don't see how that's anything to do with my point though.

Which was that, in my opinion, 'Biden will listen to the scientists' as some kind of scare tactic will not go over very will with the majority of people whose vote for him is not already in the bag. If it causes any shift in preference, it's likely to lose him more votes than it gains him.

How trustworthy is that quote? Got the original source? Trump is misrepresented constantly.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    "We'll see if the FBI or any other intelligence agency contradict him."

The FBI have said they are investigating if it is - I doubt they are finished that investigation yet.

No, they haven't. The media cite an unnamed source who's position is not given either. It could be a taxi driver. The FBI have made no comment on this.

"The inquiry, according to a person familiar with the matter, is at least in part, aimed at determining whether Russia has set its sights on a familiar target: Biden's father, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. The person is not authorized to comment on the matter publicly and asked not to be named in order to speak candidly.

The FBI has declined to comment,
    refusing to either confirm or deny the existence of an investigation."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/17/fbi-probes-possible-russia-link-hunter-biden-data-trump-ally-giuliani/3661895001/
    Could be Hunter Biden himself for all we know. Now this is a source who has no credibility but the media run with it as an escape route.

It's relative I think for the most part.

He's doing better with Hispanic voters than he is with other group , but still pretty awful.

So for example , in the polling linked above he's getting 27.5% support among Hispanic voters compared to 8.5% among Black voters.

So , yes he's 3 times more popular with Hispanic voters compared to Black voters but he's still losing that group 3 to 1 to Biden.

Here's another more detailed report about how Hispanic voters view the current state of things

As Election Day nears, Hispanic registered voters in the United States express growing confidence in Joe Biden’s ability to handle key issues like the coronavirus outbreak, with women and college graduates especially confident. By contrast, Hispanics’ views of Donald Trump on major issues are largely negative and mostly unchanged from June. These views of the 2020 presidential candidates come as most Hispanic voters continue to hold bleak views of the nation and its economy after months of widespread job losses and illness due to COVID-19, according to a Pew Research Center survey conducted Sept. 30-Oct. 5.

How trustworthy is that quote? Got the original source? Trump is misrepresented constantly.

https://thehill.com/homenews/521638-trump-biden-will-listen-to-the-scientists-if-elected

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Not a hope that Biden runs again in 2024.

You'd have to think Harris will go for the big job in 2024.

Please provide the relevant statistics.

We'll wait.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1239510?__twitter_%20impression=true

Here's one article saying Trump is ahead with Hispanics in Florida.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

In an article published 43 minutes ago by 'Trump friendly' Fox News had this to say:

Democratic nominee Joe Biden appears to be ahead of President Trump by double digits among Latino registered voters in the nine main battleground states, including North Carolina, according to the Pew Research Center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

More accurate to say he is doing less terrible than before.
    pjrdlel.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DrumSteve wrote: »

that would seem to be the obvious move

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    No, they haven't. The media cite an unnamed source who's position is not given either. It could be a taxi driver. The FBI have made no comment on this.

"The inquiry, according to a person familiar with the matter, is at least in part, aimed at determining whether Russia has set its sights on a familiar target: Biden's father, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. The person is not authorized to comment on the matter publicly and asked not to be named in order to speak candidly.

The FBI has declined to comment,
    refusing to either confirm or deny the existence of an investigation."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/17/fbi-probes-possible-russia-link-hunter-biden-data-trump-ally-giuliani/3661895001/
    Could be Hunter Biden himself for all we know. Now this is a source who has no credibility but the media run with it as an escape route.

OK..

So let's agree on this then.

No one know if the FBI has the laptop and no one knows if they think the whole thing is a dis-information campaign either.

Bottom line , there's no proof of ANYTHING about this laptop so far.

So we fall back on what we do know.
    • Biden has a 47 year career unblemished by any suggestion of scandal (until Trump tried to manufacture one).
    • Hunter Biden took an ill advised job in Burisma but it was investigated by the Ethics oversight committee and they found absolutely nothing wrong.
    • Joe Bidens actions in Ukraine were not his decision alone , but had absolute bi-partisan support in the US and fairly universal support in the International community

• Registered Users Posts: 38,611 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DrumSteve wrote:
    If Cuomo wants it he has to get it. By far the biggest, most popular Democrat in the country right now I think.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1239510?__twitter_%20impression=true

Here's one article saying Trump is ahead with Hispanics in Florida.

Florida is always going to be close.

I'd be interested to see that split by Cuban/Not Cuban.

Cuban generally speaking are much further to the right than other Hispanic group.

Actually, they have a little bit about it here
    Yet in a significant break from four years ago, Trump holds the narrow edge over Biden among likely Latino voters, 50 percent to 46 percent — with Trump leading sizably among Latinos of Cuban descent, and with Biden just slightly ahead among all other Latinos in the state. (The Cuban-versus-non-Cuban Latino split in the poll is too small to report the actual numbers.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭rgossip30

A little reminder from 2016 on the election .

https://www.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2016/10/18/presidential-forecast-updates/newsletter.html

Something on Joe's past not seen before . I like the hair transplant !!

https://www.facebook.com/100009350168021/videos/2755766961411616/

Fox News on Joe's past not so squeaky clean .

https://www.facebook.com/153080620724/videos/1067034833739451/

They are as bad as each other pick your poison .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So Trump and the lads going for the old relaibles - "but her his son's emails". It's a bold move Cotton, let's see how it pays off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

rgossip30 wrote: »

Are there people unaware?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So Trump and the lads going for the old relaibles - "but her his son's emails". It's a bold move Cotton, let's see how it pays off.
    Don't forget chanting lock her...sorry him up about biden when at Trump rallies.

Not sure what for exactly but hey it's still fun to say it...

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    OK..

So let's agree on this then.

No one know if the FBI has the laptop and no one knows if they think the whole thing is a dis-information campaign either.

Sort of, Hunter Biden would definitely know if its a hoax but he hasn't made that claim. He hasn't denied the emails and photos are real, nor have any of the recipients claimed the emails are fake.
    Bottom line , there's no proof of ANYTHING about this laptop so far.

We do know the FBI got a court order to seize it last December. We also know the shop owner wrote to the congressional committee to say he probably had evidence they needed to look at.
    So we fall back on what we do know.

[*]Biden has a 47 year career unblemished by any suggestion of scandal (until Trump tried to manufacture one).
    It was widely reported at the time that Hunter's position on the board of a company in the Ukraine when his dad was supposed to be rooting out corruption in the Ukraine, was a conflict of interest. In 2014 the Washington Post said his position on this board "looks nepotistic at best, nefarious at worst". https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/05/14/hunter-bidens-new-job-at-a-ukrainian-gas-company-is-a-problem-for-u-s-soft-power/
    [*]Hunter Biden took an ill advised job in Burisma but it was investigated by the Ethics oversight committee and they found absolutely nothing wrong.
    But they didn't have the laptop evidence back then!
    [*]Joe Bidens actions in Ukraine were not his decision alone , but had absolute bi-partisan support in the US and fairly universal support in the International community.
    And yet, Shoskin's replacement, Joe Biden's 'solid guy' dropped the investigations into Bursima due to 'lack of progress'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement