Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

You're conveniently ignoring that NYP staff weren't willing to attach their names to the article and Fox passed on it... The story is basically imploding on itself with no need for Biden to say anything about it.

They were probably expecting, like the rest of us, for Biden to say this is a hoax laptop and also anticipating the left wing media for Biden to call it a Russian hoax when there is no evidence of that. I don’t blame them for not wanting to get stuck in the middle of this major scandal and scrutiny. If they did fear they would get smeared as Russian plants by the media it’s fair to say that fear was well founded.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    I’d call that a Bidenisation of the turn of events. You forgot that neither Joe or Hunter Biden, his lawyers or campaign team deny the data is his. There are also compromising photos and videos showing Hunter Biden with illegal drugs and a sex tape.

Hunter is a druggie who left a crack pipe in his hire car. It’s entirely plausible that he was in his hometown and at some stage got water damage in wherever he was staying. Maybe his crack pipe set off a fire alarm and sprinkler system:pac:.

The New York Post timeline is that the repair shop guy saw Biden getting the all clear from the congressional committee and realises the data he has could be significant. He contacted the committee to tell them he and the FBI had this data. A member of the committee has now written to the FBI for clarification on why this was not disclosed to them.

Snoop Dogg regularly smokes weed openly.

Kim Kardashian made a sex tape

Guess what... no one cares about that stuff.

Now you will say crack is way worse than weed and I agree, but millions of Americans are addicted to crack, they all have family who can relate to Joe Bidens love for his son no matter his addictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just let the lols keep rolling I say...eh Rudy?

https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316621229751762945

Hunter is not running for president.
    Do you not understand?

If the emails are correct, Biden had a family thing going where his family profited from auctioning access and meetings to very shady oligarchs and communist state investors in several countries. Hunter’s texts suggest he had an arrangement with his father where Joe Biden got Hunter in the door with wealthy investors and between them they leveraged his position as VP to channel funding to US companies they had a financial stake in. Not to mention John Kerry’s daughter.

We’ll have to see how the hearings go when this is all out in the open.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I don’t blame them for not wanting to get stuck in the middle of this major scandal

:D:D:D

Well balanced reporting there MU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

If the emails are correct, Biden had a family thing going where his family profited from auctioning access and meetings to very shady oligarchs and communist state investors in several countries. Hunter’s texts suggest he had an arrangement with his father where Joe Biden got Hunter in the door with wealthy investors and between them they leveraged his position as VP to channel funding to US companies they had a financial stake in. Not to mention John Kerry’s daughter.

We’ll have to see how the hearings go when this is all out in the open.

If.
    You invented the rest.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I’d call that a Bidenisation of the turn of events. You forgot that neither Joe or Hunter Biden, his lawyers or campaign team deny the data is his. There are also compromising photos and videos showing Hunter Biden with illegal drugs and a sex tape.

Hunter is a druggie who left a crack pipe in his hire car. It’s entirely plausible that he was in his hometown and at some stage got water damage in wherever he was staying. Maybe his crack pipe set off a fire alarm and sprinkler system:pac:.

The New York Post timeline is that the repair shop guy saw Biden getting the all clear from the congressional committee and realises the data he has could be significant. He contacted the committee to tell them he and the FBI had this data. A member of the committee has now written to the FBI for clarification on why this was not disclosed to them.

I think we have already addressed why the Biden camp are simply refusing to engage . The story is imploding on itself.

If they responded it would simply give the story legs.

In terms of the photos - I'm absolutely certain they are legitimate as are probably a lot of the other stuff found - Obtained via a hack at some point. I don't think all of the data is legitimate.

But I absolutely do not believe the story of how the laptop and it's data made it's way to Rudi Guiliani , not for a minute.

It's simply requires far too much of a suspension of belief to accept all of the elements of the story required for it to be true.

Also - From everything that I can find , Hunter Biden has been clean and sober since mid 2018 , around the time he moved to California.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So Trump has called Fauci an idiot in a conference call with campaign staff...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/19/us/trump-vs-biden#trump-calls-fauci-a-disaster-in-a-call-with-his-campaign-staff

Trump:
    "People are saying whatever...just leave us alone. People are tired of COVID...People are tired of hearing Fauci and these idiots, all these idiots who got it wrong...every time he goes on television there's always a bomb, but there's a bigger bomb if you fire him. This guy's a disaster."

He's losing it.

Just let the lols keep rolling I say...eh Rudy?

https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316621229751762945

Already covered, look at the serial number he is referring to. It's an external drive, not the one in the laptop itself. The shop owner says he needed an external drive to put the data on. That is what happens in all cases where data is to be retrieved from a damaged drive. The warranty started when that drive was purchased or registered, after the laptop was first dropped in. If anything it adds to the credence of the shop owners version of events.

If.
    You invented the rest.

We'll see after the hearings. This isn't going to go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Cant wait for November 4th. If Biden wins, I'll be very interested to see how many people here will be supporting Trump's denial of the legitimacy of the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    In terms of the photos - I'm absolutely certain they are legitimate as are probably a lot of the other stuff found - Obtained via a hack at some point. I don't think all of the data is legitimate.

The photos/videos were likely obtained from iCloud.

Graham wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Well balanced reporting there MU

You don't think photos of the future president's son in bed with a crack pipe in his mouth and a sex tape of him taking drugs while engaged in a sex act isn't a major scandal all on its own?

They were probably expecting, like the rest of us, for Biden to say this is a hoax laptop and also anticipating the left wing media for Biden to call it a Russian hoax when there is no evidence of that. I don’t blame them for not wanting to get stuck in the middle of this major scandal and scrutiny. If they did fear they would get smeared as Russian plants by the media it’s fair to say that fear was well founded.

Not really, it's perfectly possible to do some verification steps that wouldn't require the Biden campaign to either confirm or deny. For them to comment on the story gives it unnecessary air time. They have chosen not to feed the troll, in effect. Meanwhile not a single email appears to be verified to any degree. The Biden campaign has simply fed us a single detail, no such meeting ever occurred. Now we simply have Trump devotees and conspiracy theorists latched onto it.
    You don't think photos of the future president's son in bed with a crack pipe in his mouth and a sex tape of him taking drugs while engaged in a sex act isn't a major scandal all on its own?

Drug addiction is pretty tragic and it was never a secret. Choosing to attack Biden on that would be pretty foolish, given their opioid crisis. Sure Bush was a drug addict and an alcoholic.

Not really, it's perfectly possible to do some verification steps that wouldn't require the Biden campaign to either confirm or deny. For them to comment on the story gives it unnecessary air time. They have chosen not to feed the troll, in effect. Meanwhile not a single email appears to be verified to any degree. The Biden campaign has simply fed us a single detail, no such meeting ever occurred. Now we simply have Trump devotees and conspiracy theorists latched onto it.

According to the New York Post they contacted the Biden campaign and Hunter Biden for comment before running the story and got no reply from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,760 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Absolutely not.

Why do you think it is? Is he running for office? Is this President likely to appoint him to a role as special advisor for which he will struggle to get security clearance leading the President to override the intelligence people saying he shouldn't get it?

Pay more attention to what has happened, not what is unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Actually, reading that, I'm feeling a little jealous.

I know you don't believe the reason they haven't called it a hoax is because they 'don't want to feed the troll'. Even the Facebook and Twitter censoring of the story made global headlines.

Actually, reading that, I'm feeling a little jealous.

:pac: aren't we all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It is going away though. Regardless of the result, we will hear nothing about them after the election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No.

osarusan wrote: »
    It is going away though. Regardless of the result, we will hear nothing about after the election.

I doubt it. If it did turn out to be a hoax by the Trump campaign or the russians there would be books written about it for decades. If it is Hunter's laptop, the Biden's dirty laundry will be on show for quite some time.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It kind of is though.

The whole narrative has moved on to how and where Rudi got it and also the details about the NYP staff not wanting their name on it and Fox news passing on the story etc.

The only people taking it seriously are voters that were already in the bag for Trump.

The last few undecided voters are not going to be swayed by this , much less voters who have already decided they are voting for Biden.

If Trump wins , it will be forgotten about , If Biden wins and the Democrats take the Senate it will be forgotten about.

The only way this story hangs around is if Biden wins , but the GOP manage to hold on to the Senate , then useful idiots like Ron Johnson will run endless hearings , all of which will find absolutely nothing of consequence , just like the endless Benghazi hearings.

But , just like the Benghazi hearings , that will sort of be the point , Truth and fact is irrelevant all they'd want it lots and lots of news articles out there associating a bad smell with Biden.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It kind of is though.

The whole narrative has moved on to how and where Rudi got it and also the details about the NYP staff not wanting their name on it and Fox news passing on the story etc.

The only people taking it seriously are voters that were already in the bag for Trump.

The last few undecided voters are not going to be swayed by this , much less voters who have already decided they are voting for Biden.

If Trump wins , it will be forgotten about , If Biden wins and the Democrats take the Senate it will be forgotten about.

The only way this story hangs around is if Biden wins , but the GOP manage to hold on to the Senate , then useful idiots like Ron Johnson will run endless hearings , all of which will find absolutely nothing of consequence , just like the endless Benghazi hearings.

But , just like the Benghazi hearings , that will sort of be the point , Truth and fact is irrelevant all they'd want it lots and lots of news articles out there associating a bad smell with Biden.

Yes, you could be right. People are probably used to making allowances for dodgy people making president. You don't get to the top office in the country without making a few slimy, shady deals. The problem will be how it is dealt with after the election. How many people would vote for Harris as president when even the Democrats didn't want her.

If no one knew that Hunter Biden had a drug problem , then maybe.

But his issues with Drugs are well documented as more importantly is his recovery and the love shown to him during that time by his family.

Everyone knows he was a drug addict , everyone knows that Drug addicts do stupid, terrible things in the depths of their addiction.

Embarrassing? Absolutely no question.

A Scandal that might impact the Election? Not in the slightest.

I doubt it. If it did turn out to be a hoax by the Trump campaign or the russians there would be books written about it for decades. If it is Hunter's laptop, the Biden's dirty laundry will be on show for quite some time.

There might be books written about the chaos of the Trump campaign but this story would amount to a tiny piece of it. It was dead in the water when it broke and it continues to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No, he isn't running for office, why would you care?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,760 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yes, you could be right. People are probably used to making allowances for dodgy people making president. You don't get to the top office in the country without making a few slimy, shady deals. The problem will be how it is dealt with after the election. How many people would vote for Harris as president when even the Democrats didn't want her.

I've always said that Barack Obama must have been the cleanest candidate ever given the only thing they could accuse him with was the fake rumour that he wasn't born in the country.

Because, I have no doubt, more resources would have been thrown at finding something about him to cast doubt on him than anyone else.

I've always said that Barack Obama must have been the cleanest candidate ever given the only thing they could accuse him with was the fake rumour that he wasn't born in the country.

Well he also wore that tan suit one time. Fox News was particularly apocalyptic about that.

• Advertisement

I think you are vastly overestimating the impact of this "story".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement