Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318282942762934272?s=21

He’s literally just said he’ll grant permits for explorations if they donate 25m to his campaign.

He really hasn’t learned a thing, has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Faugheen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318282942762934272?s=21

He’s literally just said he’ll grant permits for explorations if they donate 25m to his campaign.

He really hasn’t learned a thing, has he?

He literally didn’t. He is mocking Biden.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

He literally didn’t. He is mocking Biden.

Think you need to watch the video again there chief. He doesn’t even mention Biden in that clip. He talks about himself, over and over and over again.

Edit: Ah you’re talking about the one above. Try looking at the clip where he talks about calling the CEO of Exxon. You know, the one I actually linked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Harris appears even more unhinged than usual. Small crowd too.

I wouldn't be a fan of Harris but that is a completely spliced/edited video to try and make her look bad. A fcuking child would edit it better.
    The Trump campaign is derailling, he and his sycophantic mob will stoop to any level because they are panicking. It's great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

This looks like the next bit. This should be fun.

https://twitter.com/SeanLangille/status/1318297477603381250

That is certainly a bit strange and requires some explanation, because my copy was clearly signed by Mahatma Ghandi.

Mhatma-Ghandi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

It is many many years since I had to get a data recovery performed on a hard drive. But does it not strike people as it being an incredibly low quote of $85 to recover the data from 3 macbooks?

According to their own site the pricing is $39 as an attempt fee and “ The most you will ever pay at The Mac Shop Inc. for a successful data recovery is $159” so surely this would be a fee per device and not a figure of $85.

Link to their site http://www.demacshop.com/services/data-recovery/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Tippex wrote: »
    It is many many years since I had to get a data recovery performed on a hard drive. But does it not strike people as it being an incredibly low quote of $85 to recover the data from 3 macbooks?

According to their own site the pricing is $39 as an attempt fee and “ The most you will ever pay at The Mac Shop Inc. for a successful data recovery is $159” so surely this would be a fee per device and not a figure of $85.

Link to their site http://www.demacshop.com/services/data-recovery/

Yes, these are SSDs, not platter hard drives. Much easier to get the data off them. With platter drives you have to take them apart and put the platters in another drive in close to a clean room environment so its a lot more expensive. With these Mac drives they are either soldered on or removable drives and are more like retrieving data from a USB memory stick. It's pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,636 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Yes, these are SSDs, not platter hard drives. Much easier to get the data off them. With platter drives you have to take them apart and put the platters in another drive in close to a clean room environment so its a lot more expensive. With these Mac drives they are either soldered on or removable drives and are more like retrieving data from a USB memory stick. It's pretty easy.

You have experience with this? What is your source for all this?

According to this data recovery firm it doesn't sound "easy" and it doesn't sound like an $85 job for 1 or more macbooks:
    SSD Data Recovery where the SSD or Solid State Drive is defective is one of the most time consuming and complicated recovery scenarios we encounter. In these cases we typically must remove each memory chip physically from the solid state device. Once the individual memory chips are removed we use a memory chip programmer/reader to dump the memory contents to another storage device where we can then analyze and reconstruct the data to a useable form. There can easily be 16 or more memory chips and the schemes used internally by each device’s controller to manage the flash memory are very complicated and unique. The controller attempts to equalize the writing of data across all the memory devices and at the same time avoid using areas previously found defective. Most Solid State Drives use RAID like striping techniques to store and access data much faster than sequential methods. SSDs may also use RAID redundancy techniques to further ensure the integrity of the data. To determine the striping scheme across dozens of memory chips and to put the data back together in a useable format is a challenge equal to or greater than the most complicated RAID array.

https://magnextdatarecovery.com/ssd-data-recovery/

MoonUnit75 wrote: »

Thanks for that (I am aware of what to do and the difference between SSD’s and Hdd’s) but it does not address anything that I had said around the quoted price of $85 on the “quote” that has been circulated.

I would be expecting that if the recovery was successful that the fee would have been $159 x 3 or a attempt fee of $39 x 3 and not a flat fee of $85. Something is not adding up for me. People value there time when providing services like this and price accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

I see that poor auld Joe is taking the next few days off to prepare for the debate.

• Advertisement

I see that poor auld Joe is taking the next few days off to prepare for the debate.

And good for him, really. After the debate, it will be the home stretch, Get Out The Vote, etc. and then when there will be the ugliest election process in our lifetime probably still running right into Thanksgiving. And then a presidential transition and Inauguration, and a Presidency.

Hope he makes the most of his time: watching Trump and Giuliani & Co. be their own worst enemies, do some debate prep, and spending time with the family. Here he was the other day with his Granddaughter. Won't get many more chances like this for a few years.

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1317931051877126144?s=20

Chocolate and Vanilla though. Uh, that lost him the Cookout Vote - no Mocha Oreo? Orange Push-Up? Pecan Pie? Bloody Northerners :)

Why reference biden as poor auld joe when there is a grand total of 3 years difference in age between the two?
    Also why do people insist on posting things like this and not bother to put in a source? Happens on both sides.

Overheal wrote: »
    And good for him, really. After the debate, it will be the home stretch, Get Out The Vote, etc. and then when there will be the ugliest election process in our lifetime probably still running right into Thanksgiving. And then a presidential transition and Inauguration, and a Presidency.

Hope he makes the most of his time: watching Trump and Giuliani & Co. be their own worst enemies, do some debate prep, and spending time with the family. Here he was the other day with his Granddaughter. Won't get many more chances like this for a few years.

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1317931051877126144?s=20

I suppose it takes the adderall a few days to kick in for senior citizens.

Why reference biden as poor auld joe when there is a grand total of 3 years difference in age between the two?
    Also why do people insist on posting things like this and not bother to put in a source? Happens on both sides.

The guy has no energy, absolutely zero..

I hear the Presidential Debate Commission will in fact be muting both Biden and Trump's microphones from time to time on Thursday, to limit interruptions.

He's zero degrees Kelvin?

You're not making much sense.

Ee6_SkBX0AAoXMW.jpg

He's zero degrees Kelvin?

You're not making much sense.

Ee6_SkBX0AAoXMW.jpg

Oh please.. He was getting out of breath reading a freaking teleprompter!

I’m sorry that you don’t seem to have energy to provide a source when posting ;) maybe taking a break might Help you.

I’m sorry that you don’t seem to have energy to provide a source when posting ;) maybe taking a break might Help you.

I'm busy doing crowded rallies ;)

190806-donald-trump-cs-804a_64c5fa3a68241dbcdbd940d7560ac50a.jpg

• Advertisement

Both sides can throw things like this. Trump was struggling breathing standing on a balcony. It is so easy to spin things to suit a narrative just by making a generalised comment like I just did.

190806-donald-trump-cs-804a_64c5fa3a68241dbcdbd940d7560ac50a.jpg

Embarrassing stuff tbh, clearly not fit to run a country

Both sides can throw things like this. Trump was struggling breathing standing on a balcony. It is so easy to spin things to suit a narrative just by making a generalised comment like I just did.

Trump had covid :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Embarrassing stuff tbh, clearly not fit to run a country

Trump had covid :confused:

You obviously missed the point I was making when I said “ It is so easy to spin things to suit a narrative just by making a generalised comment like I just did.” i.e. I am aware the had Covid hence the reason I did not reference it to “suit the narrative”.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Rudy saying the store owner is BLIND and didn't know who he got the laptop from. The blind Trump laptop repair man in the back arse of no where who randomly received a laptop and then happens to contact Rudy.

What will the story be tomorrow?

This has backfired on these creeps in the most ludicrous and entirely expected way.

Fox News saying Guiliani has no credibility now. Fox News...lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The signature doesn’t match Hunters.
    Uh oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

NEW: Commission on Presidential Debates announces a change to Thursday's presidential debate: "The only candidate whose microphone will be open during these two-minute periods is the candidate who has the floor under the rules."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

The signature doesn’t match Hunters.
    Uh oh.

It's his initials, RHB, and they do match the same letters in his full signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

NEW: Commission on Presidential Debates announces a change to Thursday's presidential debate: "The only candidate whose microphone will be open during these two-minute periods is the candidate who has the floor under the rules."

Who has control of the mute button? I hope it is used fairly. My fear is it'll be leveraged to disadvantage Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Who has control of the mute button? I hope it is used fairly. My fear is it'll be leveraged to disadvantage Trump.

Amazing. One man's fear is another man's hope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement