Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

i would still know what actually happened. he didnt until Rudy reminded him what the story should be. and even then Rudy had to throw in a bit about hunter being drunk.

So if the computer guy is lying, what did the FBI take off him months ago or why haven't they said they have no record of it or charged him with something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

So if the computer guy is lying, what did the FBI take off him months ago or why haven't they said they have no record of it or charged him with something?
    Because the FBI investigation into possible Russian interference in the election is ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

"Apparently there was some drama while President Trump was taping his 60 Minutes interview today. He abruptly ended his solo interview after around 45 minutes & did not return for a scheduled walk & talk he was supposed to tape with Pence"

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/20/politics/trump-interview-60-minutes/index.html

Has he thrown another tantrum?

Pat Robertson reports that he has been told by God that Trump will win reelection ... and it will bring about the beginning of the End Times.

He really does appeal to the crackpots.

I remember Billy Connolly doing a bit about God botherers like him, as he said if anyone else came out with this god talks to me bullsh1t the men in white coats would be around to their house sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Let's assume all of this stuff is true.

The Trump crime syndicate or the Bidens - even if it was all true given how deranged and dangerous Trump is i'd have Biden over him any day of the week.

Trump is a threat to US democracy. If he loses, no matter how big, he will fail to accept the result so that his goons get riled and on to the streets.

He won't step down after a further 4 years - he would continue the assault on the democratic institutions and stir up as much mayhem as possible like any despot.

The priority is getting Trump out.

Everything else comes a distant second as far as i'm concerned.

But none of the Biden stuff is credible anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Phoebas wrote: »
    Because the FBI investigation into possible Russian interference in the election is ongoing.

Since December last year and they didn't tell Hunter Biden at any stage that a guy in his home town has a fake Russian laptop that could leak at any moment. Not buying that for a second. Director of Intelligence already said there's no proof or investigation into Russian involvement. He co-ordinates intelligence between the CIA, FBI, Secret Service etc.

Let's assume all of this stuff is true.

The Trump crime syndicate or the Bidens - even if it was all true given how deranged and dangerous Trump is i'd have Biden over him any day of the week.

Trump is a threat to US democracy. If he loses, no matter how big, he will fail to accept the result so that his goons get riled and on to the streets.

He won't step down after a further 4 years - he would continue the assault on the democratic institutions and stir up as much mayhem as possible like any despot.

The priority is getting Trump out.

Everything else comes a distant second as far as i'm concerned.

But none of the Biden stuff is credible anyway.

In fairness if people vote for him he is as entitled as anyone else to be in office, even if most of us think he's a sleaze and buffoon. Unless there is proof he was involved in corruption or illegal activity.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Since December last year and they didn't tell Hunter Biden at any stage that a guy in his home town has a fake Russian laptop that could leak at any moment. Not buying that for a second. Director of Intelligence already said there's no proof or investigation into Russian involvement. He co-ordinates intelligence between the CIA, FBI, Secret Service etc.

Well he said there is no evidence the laptop 'is russian disinformation' directly countering Schiff's claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"Apparently there was some drama while President Trump was taping his 60 Minutes interview today. He abruptly ended his solo interview after around 45 minutes & did not return for a scheduled walk & talk he was supposed to tape with Pence"

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/20/politics/trump-interview-60-minutes/index.html

Has he thrown another tantrum?

And then he has tweeted this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1318644698341408769?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It was a ****storm so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Holy sh!t

Something big happened and he is trying to get ahead of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

For those questioning why Hunter would “fly from California”

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Holy sh!t

Something big happened and he is trying to get ahead of it :D

Either that or he did the interview and thought he did great.

Took a break and his handlers have told him it was worse than all of his previous interviews and he has fùcked up.

He refuses to do the rest of the interview.

Its not a matter of opinion that the FBI are investigating; its a matter of fact.
    And Ratcliffe was clear that he hasn't knowledge of the FBI investigation - he is basing his comments on his non involvement.
    Ratcliffe, in an interview with Fox Business, did not elaborate on the basis of his conclusion, though he acknowledged knowing "little" about the material published by the New York Post.
    [...]

"Hunter Biden's laptop is not part of some Russian disinformation campaign," Ratcliffe told Fox, though quickly adding that the intelligence community "has not been involved."

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭hometruths

many people say....

am i doing it right?

Yes, a bit like the intel officials saying the email story shows signs of Russia. I think the phrase they used was "all the classic earmarks" - what does that even mean? Is that a disinformative alternative to classic hallmarks?

Thankfully in the olden days when journalists weren't all compromised by the Russians, they did it rather better:
    “Don’t worry about investors,” he said, according to the executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing fear of retaliation. “We’ve got people all around the world who want to invest in Joe Biden.”...

...According to the executive, James Biden made it clear he viewed the fund as a way to take money from rich foreigners who could not legally give money to his older brother or his campaign account.

...(Hunter Biden) began working at MBNA bank, one of Delaware’s largest employer, in 1996. He left to become a lobbyist in 2001, though he continued receiving consulting fees from the bank. For years, beginning in the late ’90s, Joe Biden had been a top Democratic supporter of a controversial bankruptcy bill that aided issuers of credit card debt, like MBNA, by making it harder for borrowers to seek bankruptcy protections. The consulting fees to Hunter continued until 2005, when the bankruptcy bill finally passed with Joe’s support.

Long article but worth a read. The Biden family’s strange business history

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Russian attacks on US democracy did not start with Trump.

They succeeded in 2016 in getting a friendly voice in the White House and one that would damage the US.

It's very sophisticated manipulation that in my view is an act of war really.

Imagine passing a law against people outside your jurisdiction. Would you care to comment on American interference in Russia on behalf of an American tax exile named Mr. Bill Browder who ran a hedge fund called Hermitage Capital Management Fund and was convicted of tax fraud in Russia. I believe Russian president Mr. Putin would like to see him.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,472 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah we knew that already.

He was barely in California all year according to the folks trying to serve him for breaching the terms of his divorce agreement. There's a court document that shows they called to his California address around a dozen times over 2019 and never once got an answer.

Its not a matter of opinion that the FBI are investigating; its a matter of fact.
    And Ratcliffe was clear that he hasn't knowledge of the FBI investigation - he is basing his comments on his non involvement.

The FBI don't confirm or deny investigations (Comey aside), an unnamed source said there was an investigation but I can't tell if that's good enough for people or not. It seems to change each day.

yeah we knew that already.

Joe also owns a house nearby.

• Advertisement

Joe also owns a house nearby.

hunter doesn't. hunter lives in california.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No one cares.

Yes, FBI investigations into unclaimed laptops wouldn't make it to high level intelligence briefings. They would only be flagged if they did suspect foreign interference.

Yes, FBI investigations into unclaimed laptops wouldn't make it to high level intelligence briefings. They would only be flagged if they did suspect foreign interference.

.. or, y'know, if the investigation was ongoing and hadn't yet reached conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Unless there is proof he was involved in corruption or illegal activity.

The Politico link which you thanked stated he was not
    Despite Trump-driven allegations of self-dealing and corruption, multiple investigations by Republicans and Democrats have shown no evidence that Biden — the Obama administration’s point-man on diplomacy with Ukraine — took actions counter to official U.S. policy. In fact, multiple senior officials testified during the House impeachment inquiry last year that Biden’s work made it more likely that Burisma would face a robust corruption investigation, his son’s position on the board notwithstanding.

Make of it what you will

weisses wrote: »
    The Politico link which you thanked stated he was not

Make of it what you will

They didn't have the emails then. We also know the investigation was completely dropped after Shoskin got the boot.

hunter doesn't. hunter lives in california.

And Hunter is on the board of the beau biden foundation 4 minutes drive away. No possible reason for him to anywhere close right?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/AndrewKirell/status/1318646541503037447?s=19

I wonder what she said to the child that caused his tantrum.

No one cares.

I feel like I am back in primary school.

• Advertisement

And Hunter is on the board of the beau biden foundation 4 minutes drive away. No possible reason for him to anywhere close right?

i'm sure he is there occasionally but he doesn't live there. why not use somewhere close to home where you are regularly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement