Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Pence easily won that debate. Harris was no match. Pence is very calm, cool and collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Pence easily won that debate. Harris was no match.

Wouldn't see it that way.

Pence came across as just reading a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

VP Pence showed him or Trump cannot follow simple debate rules, he cannot answer a question, many of his claims are already being countered by fact checks on line.

Don't think it will influence anything greatly but that counts as a win for Biden/Harris given current standings.

I think it'll influence in the favor of Trump in as much as a Vice Presidential debate can do so.

Both Harris and Pence went over time, both were indirect at times, but none of that really matters anyway. That's par for the course during these things. Pence was very calm and collected and hit her hard on quite a few different points. I don't recall her doing the same to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

attacking harris on her record of incarcerating black men too, id give this to pence, trump could learn alot from him but he wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Pence is very calm, cool and collected.

That's one way of describing the energy I guess:

xLU2wHj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think it'll influence in the favor of Trump in as much as a Vice Presidential debate can do so.

Both Harris and Pence went over time, both were indirect at times, but none of that really matters anyway. That's par for the course during these things. Pence was very calm and collected and her hit hard on quite a few different points. I don't recall her doing the same to him.

Thought she did over his subservience to Putin in relation to bounties on soldiers and his generally view of the military.

Him taking his next speaking time to go back to a point which she had made showed he was defending frequently.

Would agree though that it will have inconsequential impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Harris easily won that debate. Pence was no match. Harris is very calm, cool and collected.
    Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    attacking harris on her record of incarcerating black men too, id give this to pence, trump could learn alot from him but he wont.

Agreed. She forced the moderator to allow her to respond on that, as well she should, but it seemed to have her rattled a little.

good old cnn talking about harris because she is a balck woman she had to temper herself and pence being a white man was more daring in going over the time limit, jesus everything about race with that channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

That was a supremely impressive demolition job from Mike Pence tonight; have to say I expected better from Harris.

i thought harris would destroy him tbh, she is obviously a very capable person, think pence is so hard to get riled up is the problem, she would destroy trump i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

good old cnn talking about harris because she is a balck woman she had to temper herself and pence being a white man was more daring in going over the time limit, jesus everything about race with that channel.

It's the USA - In much the same way as everything up north has a bit of a sectarian overtone, everything in the US has a racial one. You only have to scratch the surface.

Sure they've only really had universal suffrage since 1965 and gerrymandering and voter suppression seems to be fair game over there. Land of the Free indeed. Best democracy money can buy.

1. Posts: 13,688 ✭✭✭✭ Emory Limited Oat

i thought harris would destroy him tbh, she is obviously a very capable person, think pence is so hard to get riled up is the problem, she would destroy trump i reckon.

It was definitely the smartest person on either ticket vs. the calmest person on either ticket.

2. Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

440Hertz wrote: »

It's the USA - In much the same way as everything up north has a bit of a sectarian overtone, everything in the US has a racial one. You only have to scratch the surface.

Sure they've only really had universal suffrage since 1965 and gerrymandering and voter suppression seems to be fair game over there. Land of the Free indeed. Best democracy money can buy.

keep bringing race into every scenario like cnn then sure everything will have a racial tone, but there is no need for it alot of the time.

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

keep bringing race into every scenario like cnn then sure everything will have a racial tone, but there is no need for it alot of the time.

In the context of the rather regressive 2020s politics, it makes perfect sense to.

It wouldn't have even 5 years go, but the US seems to have slipped backwards on those issues and into trigger topic politics, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, extreme religiosity, etc etc etc.

2. Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Spence has way more about him than I thought, that was a demolition job.

3. Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

darced wrote: »

Not even close to being any sort of a demolition job. Pence was on defence for most of it (largely his Presidents fault).

4. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I agree,

all the democrats have is a picture of a fly to counter.

Sadly

5. Advertisement
      6. Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Fox News headline.
        Pence and Harris spar over Supreme Court, COVID and economy in closely fought debate

Fairly clear from that that they aren't even suggesting Pence won.

7. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Fox News headline.

Fairly clear from that that they aren't even suggesting Pence won.

give over.

if fox said pence won, you would dispute it
        if fox said harris won you would agree with it.

that is a clear agenda

8. Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

give over.

if fox said pence won, you would dispute it
        if fox said harris won you would agree with it.

that is a clear agenda

What's clear is your making up something based on 'Ifs' whereas I commented on a fact.

9. Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

10. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

ok then, you quoted fox news, and assumed that was a fact.

So will you take other comments they say as fact in the future then ?

11. Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Interesting that some punditry says otherwise. Could it be possible that the truth is somewhere around the middle? Both dodged some important questions so I would question whether the debate swayed anyone out of their current indifference.

But it does make you realise that Biden was the most solid candidate they had because anytime Harris say Biden wouldn't do anything too radical, you could just about believe it. Whereas with Pence anyone fooled by his misdirection would need their head examined.

Really Biden should win bar any disaster over the next 4 weeks by purely playing it safe.

12. Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anybody know what time results will start filtering in on election night?

13. Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

ok then, you quoted fox news, and assumed that was a fact.

So will you take other comments they say as fact in the future then ?

They didn't say what Fox news said was right, just that they said it.

So it is a fact that Fox news sait it, what they said isn't a fact.The point is that fox, an openly biased Station, are of the opinion that it was close, would suggest that claim Pence walked it or destroyed Harris are wide of the mark.

If they take other comments they say as actual comments they say then that is perfectly fine.

14. Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Leroy42 wrote: »
        They didn't say what Fox news said was right, just that they said it.

So it is a fact that Fox news sait it, what they said isn't a fact.The point is that fox, an openly biased Station, are of the opinion that it was close, would suggest that claim Pence walked it or destroyed Harris are wide of the mark.

If they take other comments they say as actual comments they say then that is perfectly fine.

Every station is openly biased. Their leaning depends on where owner tends to lean and where they get money from and where they donate some of them back.

15. Advertisement
      16. Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anybody know what time results will start filtering in on election night?

There'll be no election night announcement based on the higher amount of polls being mail in, in previous elections its been the news broadcasters that have called it, not the actual polls being counted

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement