Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

The only thing that Trump did well, was manage to highlight the racist policies of the 90's. Which was valid, except that everyone was more racist then including him. But it was a good talking point for him, even though he didn't produce a cogent sentence on it.

Biden hit back with the Central Park 5, no reply from Trump...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

CNN calling it a draw, says all you need to know, they seem worried..

They literally said that Joe just had to stand still. He did.

Rick Santorum talking nonsense. Poor craturs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,595 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Overheal wrote:
    Best debate performance by Biden all year tbh.
    There was no shift here, no “clear winner†as we will see in the spin zones later. And I suspect that means no shift in polling trends either. I think Biden will keep a commanding lead going into the final day of voting.
    I think there was a clear winner and it was Joe Biden.
    It took a long time to get ahead but from the moment the kids being split from their parents came up the debate turned from a draw into a Biden win. He clearly won on the environmental issues too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Biden didn't do badly enough to lose his lead.

Trump didn't do well enough to close the gap.

Pretty much. Trump needed a resounding win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Would have Biden as edging it too, he connected with people down the camera a lot whereas Trump was often just ranting and raving, he wasnt winning Biden voters over which he needs to do.

Trump called him out on that sincerely looking down the camera, people don't fall for that anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think there was a clear winner and it was Joe Biden.
    It took a long time to get ahead but from the moment the kids being split from their parents came up the debate turned from a draw into a Biden win. He clearly won on the environmental issues too.

Yeah but who built the cages?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Anyone else find the first section not interesting, like going over old ground and not really engaging ... found it better after the first 25 minutes or thereabouts, maybe it was just the vodka though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I really don't think any minds will be changed by that, but I'd say Trump won, in terms of performance, Biden doesn't just grab the attention, or hold it, at all

Biden had all the strong lines.

Dog whistle bigger than a fog horn.
    Abraham Lincoln here.
    It's not about his family, my family, it's about your family.
    It's not about focusing on Red states and Blue States, it's about the United states.

Trump's only real tactic was attacking Biden, he couldn't focus on his own record/achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,595 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

signostic wrote:
    Biden hit back with the Central Park 5, no reply from Trump...

Yeah, that was a big one too especially since the Netflix series was such a big hit and there's actually a snippey of Trump in it saying that stuff.

Folksy Joe - "Walk and chew gum at the same time" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

"I know wind"

Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 83,604 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It doesn’t seem that it will shift the polls much. The polls might tighten up as the pollsters are asking a smaller and smaller pool of respondents that haven’t already voted. But I still see Biden leading in the polls and as people continue casting early votes he’s going to get commensurately more votes than Trump. There won’t be as many people this year than ever that haven’t already voted before Election Day. Those lines aren’t going to be clogged from pre-committed voters either who already voted, so it’s easier for an on the fence voter to go out and vote if the lines are shorter.

I think Biden stumbled a lot, but he came across much much better with the last question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He didnt he made a fool of himself.
    Democrats a shambles,wheeling out a geriatric to try beat a reality tv star?

Fools here in Ireland supporting him.

What part of America are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Anyone else find the first section not interesting, like going over old ground and not really engaging ... found it better after the first 25 minutes or thereabouts, maybe it was just the vodka though

I started looking at it through the lense of entertainment or theatre, then I really enjoyed trump, I mean I don't want to vote for him but in a controlled environment I would listen to him all day. The small houses, the windmill fumes, the coyotes stealing children, asking "who built the cages?" ignoring that the problem is putting the children in cages not building the actual cages. he is absolutely hilarious. And the more sensitive the subject, the funnier he gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

CNN calling it a draw, says all you need to know, they seem worried..

No, a draw is good for Biden. Trump needed a definitive win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I've seen Trump in a mask countless times. I've also heard him encourage their use.

Come on, he has constantly undermined that message and sneered at mask wearers. It's the tired, old Tony Soprano hoodlum act he constantly plays - say one thing and show you mean another e.g. I like this guy, he's a great guy but...

Biden looked a lot worse in the primary debates against stars like Buttigieg who could give ten answers in ten styles to any question and even accomplished older performers such as Sanders and Warren. Trump's constant silly lies should only impress the sad rump of true believers. Given that Trump helpfully lowered expectations for his opponent, Biden impressed by staying awake for the whole thing and not wandering off.

American industry is already preparing for a post-carbon world and Trump doesn't even know that. He and his Republican friends are living in a time warp.

Yeah but who built the cages?

Yes your honor I murdered the clerk but who bought me the gun?

He didnt he made a fool of himself.
    Democrats a shambles,wheeling out a geriatric to try beat a reality tv star?

Fools here in Ireland supporting him.

What's with all the aggression?

No need. Calm yourself down and people might be able to discuss in a way that is a bit more substantive than you've managed thus far tonight.

You might even learn something about politics and even reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

"No-one has done more for the black community than Donald Trump except, possibly, Abraham Lincoln"

Donald Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Abraham Lincoln here.
    It's not about focusing on Red states and Blue States, it's about the United states.

Trump's only real tactic was attacking Biden, he couldn't focus on his own record/achievements.

Other than taking America to the brink of societal breakdown, Trump doesn't have any achievements of note.

I know we're all worn down by him at this stage, but he just evades, attacks and spouts nonsense. He didn't produce a single cogent policy or plan.

The fact people are calling it a draw just shows how far America has drifted from normality.

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes your honor I murdered the clerk but who bought me the gun?

I shot the clerk? I shot the clerk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

It doesn’t seem that it will shift the polls much. The polls might tighten up as the pollsters are asking a smaller and smaller pool of respondents that haven’t already voted. But I still see Biden leading in the polls and as people continue casting early votes he’s going to get commensurately more votes than Trump. There won’t be as many people this year than ever that haven’t already voted before Election Day. Those lines aren’t going to be clogged from pre-committed voters either who already voted, so it’s easier for an on the fence voter to go out and vote if the lines are shorter.

Given all the early voting, I think the polls are more significant now than ever. Trump is Toast (TiT)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Abraham Lincoln here.

The "strong lines" were so obviously rehearsed it just sounded phony. I'd call it 50/50 overall in terms of its impact on voters ie I don't think anyone's going to change their mind on either candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

hynesie08 wrote: »
    What part of America are you from?

If he is in America he possibly has a vote. Which is more than most on here. We can discuss all we want but Americans make votes and Irish people have no say..:)

I shot the clerk? I shot the clerk?

The two hwhut?

The two hwhut?

What's a "yoot"?

Looking forward to the next Saturday Night Live cold open. If you missed the others look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Trump won this fairly definitively I think..

Thought the last one was close..not tonight
    Polar opposite

Polar opposite for me as well

thought Trump won the first one no question, but this one was close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

sabat wrote: »
    The "strong lines" were so obviously rehearsed it just sounded phony. I'd call it 50/50 overall in terms of its impact on voters ie I don't think anyone's going to change their mind on either candidate.

America is phony. They love that crap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement