Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

"I take full responsibility, it was China's fault"

Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No one called Donald trump a racist before he ran for president..... Well, except for the central park thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

"I take full responsibility, it was China's fault"

Donald Trump

comic genius

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

hynesie08 wrote: »
    No one called Donald trump a racist before he ran for president..... Well, except for the central park thing....

And when he was sued for not renting property to black people.
    And when he went to huge efforts to fuel the birther movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,604 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sabat wrote: »
    The "strong lines" were so obviously rehearsed it just sounded phony. I'd call it 50/50 overall in terms of its impact on voters ie I don't think anyone's going to change their mind on either candidate.

“So obviously rehearsed”

Uhm yeah that’s normally how debates are prepared for. I like a President who does their homework. Biden was rarely seen without his intelligence briefing in his hand or under his arm when he was in the White House.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"I know wind"

Donald Trump

Surprised Biden didn't pick up on that

Joe might have won that debate if he had the audience to clap for him.
    He didn't allow for 'playing conditions' - a forgettable performance: staring down
    the camera, and well rehearsed ad-libbed lines won't garner much new support.

And when he was sued for not renting property to black people.
    And when he went to huge efforts to fuel the birther movement.

He went Birther 3.0 accusing Biden of not living in Scranton. Don’t know where the **** he was going with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Overheal wrote: »
    “So obviously rehearsed”

Uhm yeah that’s normally how debates are prepared for. I like a President who does their homework. Biden was rarely seen without his intelligence briefing in his hand or under his arm when he was in the White House.

Six word zingers don't tend have the same impact on us sophisticated Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Joe might have won that debate if he had the audience to clap for him.
    He didn't allow for 'playing conditions' - a forgettable performance: staring down
    the camera, and well rehearsed ad-libbed lines won't garner much new support.

America is so polarised I doubt a significant amount of people will change or make up their mind based on that debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

He didnt he made a fool of himself.
    Democrats a shambles,wheeling out a geriatric to try beat a reality tv star?

Fools here in Ireland supporting him.

Yes, we are all individuals.

sabat wrote: »
    Six word zingers don't tend have the same impact on us sophisticated Europeans.

Fortunately self alleged sophisticated Europeans don’t vote in US elections so I don’t think he cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

He went Birther 3.0 accusing Biden of not living in Scranton. Don’t know where the **** he was going with that.

Wonder if he knows Michael Scott?

Simi wrote: »
    America is so polarised I doubt a significant amount of people will change or make up their mind based on that debate.

True dat :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Fortunately self alleged sophisticated Europeans don’t vote in US elections so I don’t think he cares.

One cannot "self allege." Many Europeans have the right to vote in the United States.

"At least they have clean cages"

Donald Trump

I started looking at it through the lense of entertainment or theatre, then I really enjoyed trump, I mean I don't want to vote for him but in a controlled environment I would listen to him all day

Pretty much where I'm coming from aswell, I'd love to have seen him up against Bernie Sanders, and I'd be on the side of the Dems if he was...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

He didnt he made a fool of himself.
    Democrats a shambles,wheeling out a geriatric to try beat a reality tv star?

Fools here in Ireland supporting him.

Have a closer look. They are both geriatrics. Far better debaters lost to these guys in the primaries because the debates are only one small part of this process. President Trump has had a terrible record on Covid (I'd really like to meet the individuals who are congratulating him on that), relations with the world, personal corruption and obstruction of justice. No amount of reality show bluster can conceal those facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Have a closer look. They are both geriatrics. Far better debaters lost to these guys in the primaries because the debates are only one small part of this process. President Trump has had a terrible record on Covid, relations with the world, personal corruption and obstruction of justice. No amount of reality show bluster can conceal those facts.

Ohhhhhhh yes they can...:)

FWI
    Anyone reading later on : commentary starts on page 298

• Advertisement

"Children are brought here by coyotes"

Donald Trump

"At least they have clean cages"

Donald Trump

What was Bidens last comment on that, and Trump just said: "good" something like 'theres 500 kids that don't know where they are or where they're going'

That's the only place that Trump seriously slipped up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Have a closer look. They are both geriatrics. Far better debaters lost to these guys in the primaries because the debates are only one small part of this process. President Trump has had a terrible record on Covid, relations with the world, personal corruption and obstruction of justice. No amount of reality show bluster can conceal those facts.

I couldn't help think about what would have happened if Pete Buttigieg or Bernie Sanders were there instead of Biden. Would have been a far more lively debate.

Simi wrote: »
    I couldn't help think about what would have happened if Pete Buttigieg or Bernie Sanders were there instead of Biden. Would have been a far more lively debate.

They'd win the battle hands down; the war might be another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Think we can all agree on one thing.....

The two worst possible candidates are again on the ballot

Donald Trump
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coyote_(person)

Colloquially, a coyote (this usage originating from Mexican Spanish) is a person paid by migrants to illegally guide or assist them (migrant smuggling) across the U.S.–Mexico border

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Donald Trump

Like those were the first 5 words of a speech he had minutes to concoct in his head, its not like its a quote from a some intense back and forth where he slipped up

"A date called November 3rd"

Donald Trump

NSAman wrote: »

Ohhhhhhh yes they can...:)

Not indefinitely, one hopes.

• Advertisement

Dan on CNN looks like Sheldon Cooper :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement