Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Have you ever met my friend Mr. Reality?

He threw a huge tantrum and left.

In what way did he throw a huge tantrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I suppose if you had watched you would know.

He melted down about being asked tough questions and stormed out.

This is the president mind you. I hope he doesn’t whine this bad when Vladimir and Vladimirs interpreter gang up on him in private with tough questions

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

westdublin wrote: »
    Over an hour you say......hmmmm for a tv program called 60 mins :D

Seriously you are having a nightmare in these threads :P

I don't think they film for exactly sixty minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Did you even watch the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Words matter though. When I heard about the interview I was thinking 'oh she really must have dinged him' but it was nothing like that.

Saying things like he stormed out or implying he even lost his cool shows a lack of objectivity. It's obvious that his main complaint is that Joe Biden hasn't got asked a follow up this whole campaign, journalists don't interrupt him or talk over him like they do with Trump. And they definitely don't shut down their profession and run cover for Trump when there is an as yet unproven allegation or scandal. I can only imagine what way the edited interview would have been presented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Words matter though. When I heard about the interview I was thinking 'oh she really must have dinged him' but it was nothing like that.

Saying things like he stormed out or implying he even lost his cool shows a lack of objectivity. It's obvious that his main complaint is that Joe Biden hasn't got asked a follow up this whole campaign, journalists don't interrupt him or talk over him like they do with Trump. [/]And they definitely don't shut down their profession and run cover for Trump when there is an as yet unproven allegation or scandal. I can only imagine what way the edited interview would have been presented.

When Trump gets asked a question he goes on a rant, they have to interrupt him because he never shuts up. It's all what whaaa whaaaa poor me me me everyone is so mean and nasty, meanwhile during all of this he doesn't eve answer the question.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

One of the downsides to being a sitting president is reporters are going to ask you questions about your presidency.

Squealing about 'hard questions' isn't a great look.

Graham wrote: »
    One of the downsides to being a sitting president is reporters are going to ask you questions about your presidency.

Squealing about 'hard questions' isn't a great look.

I think Trump has taken his fair share of media scrutiny and hard questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,183 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Overheal wrote: »

He's a business man, has done business all over the world, it's hardly a surprise. Joe is a Politician, what possible reason has he for doing deals with China and Ukraine that benefit his son and him. It's all shady.
    Trump name is on everything he does, Joe is like '' The Big Man'' ''The Boss'' 'Godfather'' .. shady as fck.

Of course the secret service have to pay for rooms,what do they want a free ride? The pay for rooms everywhere the President goes, whether it's Trump or Obama.

Saying things like he stormed out or implying he even lost his cool shows a lack of objectivity. It's obvious that his main complaint is that Joe Biden hasn't got asked a follow up this whole campaign, journalists don't interrupt him or talk over him like they do with Trump. And they definitely don't shut down their profession and run cover for Trump when there is an as yet unproven allegation or scandal. I can only imagine what way the edited interview would have been presented.

So in other words he did lose his cool because he thought he was being treated so unfairly. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Biden is guilty as sin, he was lining his pockets and making deals all over the shop when he was vice president, it's a fact. I believe it for what it is. Biden saying '' that's not true'' does not make it not true, typical politician .
    What are your thoughts on Trumps campaigns collusion with Russia against their own country and its democratic structures, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

I suppose if you had watched you would know.

He melted down about being asked tough questions and stormed out.

People have to see it your way or they didn't see? Great.
    Did you even watch the video?

He calmly ended the interview. There was no tantrum, he didn't storm out. You guys are really overselling this.

+74,301 Cases and under 1000 deaths yesterday.

And trump says the country has rounded a corner.

Think he meant it's rounded the u-bend.

I think Trump has taken his fair share of media scrutiny and hard questions.

“person, woman... man! Camera, TV.”

“I’m cognitively there!”

These are the “tough interviews” Trump thought he did well at :pac:

So in other words he did lose his cool because he thought he was being treated so unfairly. Lol

In your words, yes...

He calmly ended the interview. There was no tantrum, he didn't storm out. You guys are really overselling this.

There’s of course a tantrum when you abruptly leave, Pence starts his interview going “uhmmmm” wtf just happened lol and then Trump runs to social media to leak the video to attack CBS’ ratings because he’s a manchild but yeah tell us how calm he really was :rolleyes:

Apart from the fact the media have repeatedly run cover for Trump to the point of complete lies, and that the media have asked follow ups to Biden, there is the fact that people I don't shout down, repeatedly insult and label enemies of the people tend to treat me nicer than those that I do.

The moral here is that if you keep punching someone in the face, you've only got yourself to blame when they start punching back.

A lot have been verified. There's been zero denial from the Biden's.

The person who received the laptop in the FBI is a child exploitation expert.

And it hasn't been verified. Biden said it was a smear campaign and denied ever taking money from a foreign state etc last night. On top of that, denied the meeting ever happened.

In terms of the FBI agent who took the laptop being involved in that area, that's not actually confirmed and is based on his name alone. On top of that, the laptop has not been verified as Hunter's and looks unlikely to be. So far any confirmation seems to amount to the Trump campaign grabbing some people that make claims. Not a single email has been released, so nothing has been credibly verified.

This so far amounts to shady characters making claims that not even Fox news were willing to touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,183 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What are your thoughts on Trumps campaigns collusion with Russia against their own country and its democratic structures, out of interest?

But that's Leftist Media brain washing you. It never happened, there was no collusion . Russia did interfere though, and still are.

No doubt about who they want to win, hardly Trumps fault that though. But to say Trumps campaign is in cahoots with Russia, that never happened. It would be impossible to hide if it was happening, or happened in the past.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Those interruptions generally follow some form of the phrase - "Well that's just not true Mr. President"

Are they wrong when they do this?

And to be fair , some of the interruptions are because they are correcting the same lie they they and many other journalists have corrected him on countless times before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Those interruptions generally follow some form of the phrase - "Well that's just not true Mr. President"

Are they wrong when they do this?

And to be fair , some of the interruptions are because they are correcting the same lie they they and many other journalists have corrected him on countless times before.

They think he has papal infallibility, if he says it it’s true regardless of facts.

1. He keeps interrupting the interviewer like a petulant child.

2. He whinges about tough questions, claiming they never ask them to Biden without any examoles.

3. He gets stroppy about a perceived slight by moaning "that's no way to talk" over and over. Given Trumps history of "telling like it is" I don't need to explain the hypocritical and childish nature of this.

4. He runs away like a coward, refusing to even finish out another 5 minutes before having pence swapped in.

Perhaps a "cowardly moan before running away" would be a better descriptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

And it hasn't been verified. Biden said it was a smear campaign and denied ever taking money from a foreign state etc last night. On top of that, denied the meeting ever happened.

In terms of the FBI agent who took the laptop being involved in that area, that's not actually confirmed and is based on his name alone. On top of that, the laptop has not been verified as Hunter's and looks unlikely to be. So far any confirmation seems to amount to the Trump campaign grabbing some people that make claims. Not a single email has been released, so nothing has been credibly verified.

This so far amounts to shady characters making claims that not even Fox news were willing to touch.

Yes, on the FBI agent, it looks like it's just the same name as another guy who works in child exploitation. Unless his signature changed dramatically in the last 10 years or so.

But the laptop was Hunter's, the emails have been independently verified by one of the recipients who is handing over phones which have copies of the emails and texts from the recipient side that will be cross checked. There are very compromising photos and information that only Hunter could have known about. People have checked dates and can see meetings, conferences and flights mentioned in the emails all check out.

It's no longer credible to be in denial about this.

But that's Leftist Media brain washing you. It never happened, there was no collusion . Russia did interfere though, and still are.

No doubt about who they want to win, hardly Trumps fault that though. But to say Trumps campaign is in cahoots with Russia, that never happened. It would be impossible to hide if it was happening, or happened in the past.
    Before you go off about brai nwashing, please let me know why it is that you believe Biden to be guilty with almost no credibly verified evidence, yet refuse to even entertain the notion when it comes to Trump, where there was much more evidence including the multiple key members of his campaign team currently sitting in jail and his family members meeting with Russia intelligence agents to exchange dirt on Clinton for promises of favours on sanctions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭westdublin

He didn't run off. He gave her a lot of time. She was getting frustrated because he wouldn't take her bait. She did the same with Pence. She got annihilated.

What reality are you working from here, he ended it early as he didnt like the questions and couldn't take it when someone wouldn't just blindly accept his obvious bullsh1t and yet in some weird and wonderful reality you think she got annihilated ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Today in the Wall Street Journal you have the rather bizarre situation where they have two articles saying almost exactly the opposite thing.

On the one hand you have the opinion writer Kimberly Strassel writing a piece saying that all the evidence says that Joe Biden is up to his neck in China business deals and is most definitely a smoking gun.

On the other hand , the actual journalists in the WSJ have a very different viewpoint - One that sees "no role for Joe Biden" in the China business activities.

Make if it what you will , but it's consistent with what we see on Fox News , where the "Hard News" side of the house at first refused to even touch the story and even now continue to damp down the "enthusiasm" from their Opinion based colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm keeping an eye on when Tucker, Laura and Sean jump ship on Fox.

No one going to want to be tied to a president on the way out, especially this president.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Just watched and listened to the debate with an open mind.
    Trump seems to be more in touch with people than Biden.

When Biden suggested controling North Korea,in my head I could hear the blue drum's beating for war.

I think we're all lucky the domocrats didn't get in last time, because outside would probably be -20 degrees and the dust blocking the stratosphere will probably have cleared by next year.

In fairness there's been more peace in the middle east since Trump came to power.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Yes, on the FBI agent, it looks like it's just the same name as another guy who works in child exploitation. Unless his signature changed dramatically in the last 10 years or so.

But the laptop was Hunter's, the emails have been independently verified by one of the recipients who is handing over phones which have copies of the emails and texts from the recipient side that will be cross checked. There are very compromising photos and information that only Hunter could have known about. People have checked dates and can see meetings, conferences and flights mentioned in the emails all check out.

It's no longer credible to be in denial about this.

Cool, a person that the Trump campaign found isn't independent verification. Release some actual emails and they would add credibility but so far still seeming like a pretty bad smear campaign. Checking dates, meetings and conferences sounds like all this info is entirely publicly available so doesn't add credibility btw.

Can you show your proof that the FBI investigators signature matches that signature? Can you show that the laptop was seized in relation to Biden? You can't even show that the FBI are investigating Hunter Biden. Which realistically should have surfaced during the GOP investigation that completed last month. I'd also be pretty surprised that such a story wouldn't have leaked to the press in the last year.

So no, you don't have the smoking gun you think you have. Also it's frankly bizarre that Giuliani chose to hold onto a hard drive with supposedly criminal content for a year until weeks before the election....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Today in the Wall Street Journal you have the rather bizarre situation where they have two articles saying almost exactly the opposite thing.

On the one hand you have the opinion writer Kimberly Strassel writing a piece saying that all the evidence says that Joe Biden is up to his neck in China business deals and is most definitely a smoking gun.

On the other hand , the actual journalists in the WSJ have a very different viewpoint - One that sees "no role for Joe Biden" in the China business activities.

Make if it what you will , but it's consistent with what we see on Fox News , where the "Hard News" side of the house at first refused to even touch the story and even now continue to damp down the "enthusiasm" from their Opinion based colleagues.

Perhaps it just illustrates editorial bias?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement