Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was responding to a post where somebody claimed that Trump was more in touch with the people than Biden which is rubbish.

You're american right? I'm interested to hear has the opinion towards lockdowns turned yet? Politics aside, is it not becoming the dominant opinion that opening up is a priority now? I know here in Ireland of everyone I speak to they say we actually do have to live with it, the economy is garnering people's attention and we are realising that the more we lockdown the more we have to lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

I was responding to a post where somebody claimed that Trump was more in touch with the people than Biden which is rubbish.

Thats your opinion and I respect it but you cant deny Trump has resonated with people, his supporters come out in big numbers not because they hate Biden but because they like Trump. I think a lot of Biden supporters are supporting him begrudgingly just to oust Trump. And that might get him in but thats not Biden being in touch with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm keeping an eye on when Tucker, Laura and Sean jump ship on Fox.

No one going to want to be tied to a president on the way out, especially this president.

None of these will jump ship.

If it becomes apparent Trump will lose, they'll switch tack to target 'the establishment' tl'the swamp dwellers ' who never came him a chance.

Then they'll pivot to something like focusing in Bidens health and frailty and say the American people were lied to ahead of the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,594 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You're american right? I'm interested to hear has the opinion towards lockdowns turned yet? Politics aside, is it not becoming the dominant opinion that opening up is a priority now. I know here in Ireland of everyone I speak to they say we actually do have to live with it, the economy is garnering people's attention and we are realising that the more we lockdown the more we have to lockdown.
    I'm not American but lived there for many years and my wife is.

Smart people we know are in favour of lockdown when it's necessary.
    It's the less well educated that seem to have a problem with it over there.

Parts of Massachusetts have closed schools again. I'm not sure if it's state wide but definitely lots of towns have. The people we know don't have an issue with this, they are doing online classes I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And where can we see the paperwork on that then?

Do politicians around your place keep paperwork in order for their corrupt arrangements? :pac:

We have the emails that show Joe Biden, his brother and son all getting a cut of the deal. We now have an independent verification of the emails, the arrangements and the identities of all involved.

If you had 5% of this on Trump you'd be acting like Moses brought it down the mountain carved in marble with gold lettering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm not American but lived there for many years and my wife is.

Smart people we know are in favour of lockdown when it's necessary.
    It's the less well educated that seem to have a problem with it over there.

Parts of Massachusetts have closed schools again. I'm not sure if it's state wide but definitely lots of towns have. The people we know don't have an issue with this, they are doing online classes I believe.

University is going back online after the Thanksgiving break too. But they aren't returning to 'full lockdown' ie. where all buildings are left vacant, professors and staff can still come to work, researchers can use the labs etc. but classes, the bulk of traffic, will be gone.

I had just started working for a tertiary division that fulfils state level contracts for IT support on the state data systems, unfortunately for me and my fancy new digs they didn't bother renewing the lease on the 3rd party office building and the entire division is remote-work only now on a seeming permanent basis.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Do politicians around your place keep paperwork in order for their corrupt arrangements? :pac:

We have the emails that show Joe Biden, his brother and son all getting a cut of the deal. We now have an independent verification of the emails, the arrangements and the identities of all involved.

If you had 5% of this on Trump you'd be acting like Moses brought it down the mountain carved in marble with gold lettering.

"Independent verification"

From a guy who showed up to the White House yesterday for a political stunt and doubled it up by being Trump's chief guest in the Debate hall?

What a joke.

If this is supposed to be who is verifying the emails, then the President is directly orchestrating an investigation into his political rival first hand.

They were apoplectic when Obama's FBI kept tabs on Russians in the 2016 election. Could you imagine if Obama had called up Lev Parnas etc. to the White House podium to point fingers at Trump? My word.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Yes Joe is a better actor for sure, never mind he was doing the same thing when he was vice president and didnt get too upset about it then.

And its obviously a desperately sad situation that needs to be remedied, what I'm questioning is his recent upset at their situation

It wasn’t the policy of the Obama administration to separate kids from parents.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    It wasn’t the policy of the Obama administration to separate kids from parents.

To be more clear: no children from the Obama administration are still bereft of their parents.

3 years. These children haven't seen their parents. In. Three. Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Overheal wrote: »
    To be more clear: no children from the Obama administration are still bereft of their parents.

3 years. These children haven't seen their parents. In. Three. Years.

Why haven't the parents made contact?

• Advertisement

"Independent verification"

From a guy who showed up to the White House yesterday for a political stunt and doubled it up by being Trump's chief guest in the Debate hall?

What a joke.

If this is supposed to be who is verifying the emails, then the President is directly orchestrating an investigation into his political rival first hand.

They were apoplectic when Obama's FBI kept tabs on Russians in the 2016 election. Could you imagine if Obama had called up Lev Parnas etc. to the White House podium to point fingers at Trump? My word.

Do you think he was lying to 300 million people on TV with three phones in his hand saying he is handing them over to the FBI for investigation? Wouldn't take them two weeks to cross check. He is the guy named in the emails, his record is solid and he has only ever donated to democrats.

What paperwork, verification or evidence did Christine Blasey Ford provide when her word was taken as absolute fact by the same media who call actual, comprehensive evidence handed over the FBI 'shady'.

That's a good question.

Probably because they are in jail awaiting deportation or removed from the country and can't get in touch.

Probably because they are in jail awaiting deportation or removed from the country and can't get in touch.

So maybe the parents should try not being criminals?

So maybe the parents should try not being criminals?
    Criminals, can you explain that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Who should they contact? And how would they find that out? Has the #IMPOTUS Admin been advertising for their contact? Phone numbers? Outreach via embassies? Anything. The. Fck*. At. All?

Criminals, can you explain that?

Illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration.
    How many people who were legal immigrants have been picked up and deported?

Igotadose wrote: »
    Who should they contact? And how would they find that out? Has the #IMPOTUS Admin been advertising for their contact? Phone numbers? Outreach via embassies? Anything. The. Fck*. At. All?

I'm sure they must meet US state workers regularly if they are in prison or in another facility and can say they haven't been able to contact their children held elsewhere? If they are back across the border I'm sure they would be happy to fill out a form to get their kids back. It's a very strange situation.

Do you think he was lying to 300 million people on TV with three phones in his hand saying he is handing them over to the FBI for investigation? Wouldn't take them two weeks to cross check. He is the guy named in the emails, his record is solid and he has only ever donated to democrats.

What paperwork, verification or evidence did Christine Blasey Ford provide when her word was taken as absolute fact by the same media who call actual, comprehensive evidence handed over the FBI 'shady'.

As already pointed out, the FBI are not going to comment on anything two weeks out from an election. Emails are far easier to validate than a decades old sexual assault allegation. So it's pretty telling when Giuliani refused point blank to release emails. When even the likes of Fox didn't even view them as credible.

• Advertisement

As already pointed out, the FBI are not going to comment on anything two weeks out from an election. Emails are far easier to validate than a decades old sexual assault allegation. So it's pretty telling when Giuliani refused point blank to release emails. When even the likes of Fox didn't even view them as credible.

They literally called the press together a day ago to tell them that Iran were trying to influence the election. Do you think they would sit on a massive 'Russian hoax' brought forward by Giuliani?

I'm sure they must meet US state workers regularly if they are in prison or in another facility and can say they haven't been able to contact their children held elsewhere? If they are back across the border I'm sure they would be happy to fill out a form to get their kids back. It's a very strange situation.

Maybe their "parents" are actually people traffickers.

Illegal immigration.

Bit of a catch 22 since you have to come to the US to present for Asylum.

For all we know they were killed by the cartels and chopped up for body parts.

Great shining city on the hill we are.

They literally called the press together a day ago to tell them that Iran were trying to influence the election. Do you think they would sit on a massive 'Russian hoax' brought forward by Giuliani?

Well this is awkward:

https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2020/PSA200922

Foreign Actors and Cybercriminals Likely to Spread Disinformation Regarding 2020 Election Results

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) are issuing this announcement to raise awareness of the potential threat posed by attempts to spread disinformation regarding the results of the 2020 elections. Foreign actors and cybercriminals could create new websites, change existing websites, and create or share corresponding social media content to spread false information in an attempt to discredit the electoral process and undermine confidence in U.S. democratic institutions.

State and local officials typically require several days to weeks to certify elections’ final results in order to ensure every legally cast vote is accurately counted. The increased use of mail-in ballots due to COVID-19 protocols could leave officials with incomplete results on election night. Foreign actors and cybercriminals could exploit the time required to certify and announce elections’ results by disseminating disinformation that includes reports of voter suppression, cyberattacks targeting election infrastructure, voter or ballot fraud, and other problems intended to convince the public of the elections’ illegitimacy.

The FBI and CISA urge the American public to critically evaluate the sources of the information they consume and to seek out reliable and verified information from trusted sources, such as state and local election officials. The public should also be aware that if foreign actors or cyber criminals were able to successfully change an election-related website, the underlying data and internal systems would remain uncompromised.

RECOMMENDATIONS
    • Seek out information from trustworthy sources, such as state and local election officials; verify who produced the content; and consider their intent.
    • Verify through multiple reliable sources any reports about problems in voting or election results, and consider searching for other reliable sources before sharing such information via social media or other avenues.
    • For information about final election results, rely on state and local government election officials.
    • Report potential election crimes—such as disinformation about the manner, time, or place of voting—to the FBI.
    • If appropriate, make use of in-platform tools offered by social media companies for reporting suspicious posts that appear to be spreading false or inconsistent information about election-related problems or results.
    • The FBI is responsible for investigating malign foreign influence operations and malicious cyber activity targeting election infrastructure and other U.S. democratic institutions. CISA is responsible for protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure from physical and cyber threats. The FBI and CISA provide services and information to uphold the security, integrity, and resiliency of the U.S. electoral processes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/giuliani-biden-ukraine-russian-disinformation/2020/10/15/43158900-0ef5-11eb-b1e8-16b59b92b36d_story.html

U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.

The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The intelligence raised concerns that Giuliani was being used to feed Russian misinformation to the president, the former officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information and conversations.

That's completely separate to commenting on a supposed criminal investigation of a candidate's son. Denying something like this would simply feed into conspiracies. You'd claim something else if they denied it. The Trump campaign would claim a cover up, basically it would feed the trolls and potentially effect the election.

That's completely separate to commenting on a supposed criminal investigation of a candidate's son. Denying something like this would simply feed into conspiracies. You'd claim something else if they denied it. The Trump campaign would claim a cover up, basically it would feed the trolls and potentially effect the election.

Effectively no matter what the FBI does they will be accused of influencing the election.

Well this is awkward:

https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2020/PSA200922

Foreign Actors and Cybercriminals Likely to Spread Disinformation Regarding 2020 Election Results

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) are issuing this announcement to raise awareness of the potential threat posed by attempts to spread disinformation regarding the results of the 2020 elections. Foreign actors and cybercriminals could create new websites, change existing websites, and create or share corresponding social media content to spread false information in an attempt to discredit the electoral process and undermine confidence in U.S. democratic institutions.

State and local officials typically require several days to weeks to certify elections’ final results in order to ensure every legally cast vote is accurately counted. The increased use of mail-in ballots due to COVID-19 protocols could leave officials with incomplete results on election night. Foreign actors and cybercriminals could exploit the time required to certify and announce elections’ results by disseminating disinformation that includes reports of voter suppression, cyberattacks targeting election infrastructure, voter or ballot fraud, and other problems intended to convince the public of the elections’ illegitimacy.

The FBI and CISA urge the American public to critically evaluate the sources of the information they consume and to seek out reliable and verified information from trusted sources, such as state and local election officials. The public should also be aware that if foreign actors or cyber criminals were able to successfully change an election-related website, the underlying data and internal systems would remain uncompromised.

RECOMMENDATIONS
    • Seek out information from trustworthy sources, such as state and local election officials; verify who produced the content; and consider their intent.
    • Verify through multiple reliable sources any reports about problems in voting or election results, and consider searching for other reliable sources before sharing such information via social media or other avenues.
    • For information about final election results, rely on state and local government election officials.
    • Report potential election crimes—such as disinformation about the manner, time, or place of voting—to the FBI.
    • If appropriate, make use of in-platform tools offered by social media companies for reporting suspicious posts that appear to be spreading false or inconsistent information about election-related problems or results.
    • The FBI is responsible for investigating malign foreign influence operations and malicious cyber activity targeting election infrastructure and other U.S. democratic institutions. CISA is responsible for protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure from physical and cyber threats. The FBI and CISA provide services and information to uphold the security, integrity, and resiliency of the U.S. electoral processes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/giuliani-biden-ukraine-russian-disinformation/2020/10/15/43158900-0ef5-11eb-b1e8-16b59b92b36d_story.html

I'm having trouble finding the part where it says Hunter Biden's laptop and emails are part of a Russian hoax, can you highlight it in bold?
    U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.

The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The intelligence raised concerns that Giuliani was being used to feed Russian misinformation to the president, the former officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information and conversations.

Anonymous, 'former' sources. Did you read their advice above? Don't accept information provided by anonymous sources, try and verify it with evidence. This is unverifiable disinformation if I have been interpreting your previous posts correctly?

Effectively no matter what the FBI does they will be accused of influencing the election.

In that case they should expose a criminal hoax

• Advertisement

For all we know they were killed by the cartels and chopped up for body parts.

Great shining city on the hill we are.

Most are economic migrants. The people getting chopped up are usually in drug gangs themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement