Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I'm personally certain that Hunter Biden was taking advantage of his name and that it opened doors for him.

What I don't see is what Joe had to do with it. Especially when the story is coming from Rudy who has form working with Russians and pro-Russian Ukranians in poorly executed schemes to conjure up dirt on Biden. Anything coming from him should be given the same consideration that one would give to a Jacob Wohl hoax.

The story blew up because of the bull reaction of Twitter blocking people retweeting it or even dm'ing forward to others... This is where the story has gotten it's credence from..

JohnnyKq wrote: »
    Well time will tell. On this. Last time we though Hillary was a certainty.
    We also though Brexit would not happen

No, if the polls were looked at, things were swinging towards Donnie having a good chance, yeah he didn't pull off the popular vote, he pulled off the EC vote.. well done Donnie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyKq

No, if the polls were looked at, things were swinging towards Donnie having a good chance, yeah he didn't pull off the popular vote, he pulled off the EC vote.. well done Donnie!

I don't disagree. Trump may win as the polls called it incorrectly last time also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭eire4

JohnnyKq wrote: »
    I don't disagree. Trump may win as the polls called it incorrectly last time also.

Not this canard yet again. No the polls did not call it incorrectly last time. The average of the polls the last time a week out had Clinton in the lead by 3.1% she won the vote by 2.1% well within the margin of error.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

JohnnyKq wrote:
    No Trump has no chance. The difference is that people are going to vote to make sure he doesn't win. There was plenty didn't vote the last time, who would have voted for Hilary, because they thought it was a forgone conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

The causes of America’s polarization are numerous, e.g. the ludicrous practice of allowing politicians to draw the borders of their own constituencies, automation, the decline of manufacturing, immigration etc., but social media has played a bigger role than legacy media. If Google and Facebook use their algorithms to hide dissenting opinions from us then we will tend to drift ever further from the centre.

On who is going to win, I’d like to say Biden but I shouldn’t because I’m nearly always wrong about these things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Sudan peace agreement with Israel, another win for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

statesaver wrote: »

Were they at war?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

eagle eye wrote: »
    No Trump has no chance. The difference is that people are going to vote to make sure he doesn't win. There was plenty didn't vote the last time, who would have voted for Hilary, because they thought it was a forgone conclusion.

Not sure about this? My glance over the stats seems to say the voter turnout for 2016 was 55.5% which is just about on par with 2004 and they were both better than any other election since 1968 with the notable exception of 2008 with the Obama effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And do you view the things that Trump has down on a global scale as an overall positive?

Whilst for example going after China isn't wrong in the slightest , his ham-fisted and poorly thought out approach has done more harm than good.

His "tarriffs" hurt US businesses and consumers far more than China (if they had any real impact on them at all), but Trump got to tell everyone that he was bringing the hurt to China.

He achieved absolutely nothing in NK , they still have Missiles , KJU got his PR piece for back home and the world got nothing , but Trump got his picture in the DMZ

His spats with Nato etc. whilst in the short term might have gotten a few countries to spend a little more the long term damage he's done to the relationships between the US and those countries cannot be understated.

Basically - Everything he did was transactional and "in the moment" . His utter lack of thought for the bigger picture or what might be the impact 5 years down the road is clear in everything that he does.

Yes I do view it as overall positive, badly needed in fact. I think people are underestimating the significance of the Anti-China Pivot because that will be what makes the history books head and shoulders above all else from his presidency (pandemic aside, that isn't specific to Trump).

The realisation that the US is China's enemy and there is no such thing as normalised relations with China is a historic shift, one he was attacked for but was eventually adopted because it is true. The pandemic then gave it double-emphasis and the world is configured in different mode now and thank the big guy (god not biden) for that.

I'm not a big economics person but at any time in history if there is war, economic or otherwise, there will be casualties on both sides. The war is only going to go one way when one economy is open and one press is free. I've sometimes jumped in and out of listening to financial experts on China and they will assure you they are hurting. I doubt we would hear much about Chinese problems. Their economy is a black hole.

I don't buy at face value the usual talking points about how Trump is losing the war by people who hate Trump and are either neutral to or sympathetic towards the CCP because as we've learned in recent years influencing media, infiltrating native fields of expertise etc. are all explicit tactics in the Unrestricted Warfare. At least now Trump has solidified a combined national effort to reverse the damage.

Yea North Korea is neutral. I disagree that there will be long lasting damage to Nato. Any challenge to the way things are or attempt to get people to pay up isn't going to be met with smiles in the short term but I don't see why there has to be resentment. I don't see anything about that as unfair and not a reason for damage to relationships.

He has also given voice and fought for the populist position of pulling back from reflexively fighting wars. I know everyone's going to jump down my throat with cries of 'nothing's changed' but we are talking again about turning a ship the size of the military-industrial complex, with people at the top and generals who fundamentally disagree with any form of isolationism. So it's not just a case of him being able to order everybody home, it's a political game and there are popular players that can cause problems elsewhere. Having said all that he is forcing their a hand and at least showing the public definitely who is opposing him. And he managed not to start a new war in Syria which apparently was proof that he was Putin's puppet!

In terms of the peace deals yes they seem somewhat ceremonial but I don't know a lot about the histories between all the nations in question so I might be being unfair. It seems that even usual critics at least give him credit for them when they happen (I'm thinking talking heads).

That's just some broad strokes, I don't claim to be 100% correct on everything just giving my impression.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I just saw that. The PEACE PRESIDENT strikes again. Amazing stuff. Think what you want about him, the world is a better place for us all thanks to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I just saw that. The PEACE PRESIDENT strikes again. Amazing stuff. Think what you want about him, the world is a better place for us all thanks to him.

Glad the devastating Israel and Sudan war is at an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭westdublin

Am I wrong in thinking that it was Jared who was tasked with the middle east peace deals ?

Im guessing you wouldn't want donnie to be taken credit for someone else's work now would you ?

How many Americans died in this war compared to the number dying in the states he is supposed to be representing ? But i suppose why try and fix something you ffed up when you can go for the cheap publicity stunt

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I understand he's currently negotiating a peace accord between Scotland & Wales and hopes to be successful before election day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

the debate last night was more coherent.

the 1 thing i didn't like, trump was pressed on his income tax returns during the last debate based upon unsubstantiated sources, and pressed quite hard. the same standard wanst applied to joe and unsubstantiated claims re his son.

as an aside, i lost the drinking game. 'come on man' has now become 'come on'.

1 thing i do notice, trump focuses on facts; while biden tends to look directly into the camera with a more emotional appeal to families at home.

50:50 i woulld think.

the 1 thing i didn't like, trump was pressed on his income tax returns during the last debate based upon unsubstantiated sources, and pressed quite hard. the same standard wanst applied to joe and unsubstantiated claims re his son.

1 thing i do notice, trump focuses on facts; while biden tends to look directly into the camera with a more emotional appeal to families at home.

Maybe because Biden has released his tax returns so nothing to press him on, whereas Trump still hasn't released his 4 years later.

Can you post some of the facts trump focused on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Maybe go back a few pages, I put up fact checks. Trump gave incorrect information, including some lies, Biden did too but not nearly as many.

Maybe go back a few pages, I put up fact checks. Trump gave incorrect information, including some lies, Biden did too but not nearly as many.

Am I guessing right, that it's not a close run poll of telling lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Liberal racists can't see racism, what a shocker ? :confused:

I'm not particularly liberal. I'm also not a racist, if that's what you're suggesting. Got any examples of CNN or MSNBC stoking racial hatred that we can learn about?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Trump campaign's persistent claims that Biden has dementia will surely go down as one of the worst election strategies in a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Trump campaign's persistent claims that Biden has dementia will surely go down as one of the worst election strategies in a very long time.

Or an indicator of how little dirt they had on Joe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's hard to say when they have so many competing bad election strategies.

Right!!!!

His election strategy seems totally based off having to face off against Bernie Sanders.. the man is absolutely floundering and his people can't see it..

"The polls were wrong In 2016" they're clinging too.. it's sad.. yeah I'm showing my liberal lefty side, but seriously it is sad.

westdublin wrote: »
    Maybe because Biden has released his tax returns so nothing to press him on, whereas Trump still hasn't released his 4 years later.

Can you post some of the facts trump focused on ?

i think you missed the point. trump was pressed on how much he may have paid in tax, based on an article; essentially hearsay. i know in ireland such things are only published if you actually default on your liabilities. prob 95% of the irish population can get rid of an income tax bill liability via different means, most common of which are medical expends and pension contributions.

anyway the point remains, joe was not pressed on a pretty big issue, because its from unsubstantiated sources.

i would presume if he wins the election and the republicans win the house; they will impeach him.

how much has the biden family made since he became VP? of course you cant answer that cos he wont answer that

what page?

dont want to go back searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The day that Donald Trump focuses on facts is the day that I run around Dublin City Centre dressed up as Big Bird. And that's unlikely to happen any time soon.

i think you missed the point. trump was pressed on how much he may have paid in tax, based on an article; essentially hearsay. i know in ireland such things are only published if you actually default on your liabilities. prob 95% of the irish population can get rid of an income tax bill liability via different means, most common of which are medical expends and pension contributions.

anyway the point remains, joe was not pressed on a pretty big issue, because its from unsubstantiated sources.

i would presume if he wins the election and the republicans win the house; they will impeach him.

how much has the biden family made since he became VP? of course you cant answer that cos he wont answer that

He was pressed as he had promised to release his tax returns for the last 4 years but never did, then when someone leaked some of his tax returns people could see why he doesn't want to release them.
    Remember he has admitted they are correct in his own way by stating the millions he owes is just a small fraction of his supposed worth.

As for Bidens tax returns https://joebiden.com/financial-disclosure/# knock yourself out !!

Any chance you can post the facts that you said trump spoke about ?

Anyone proclaiming that Donnie focusses on facts loses credibility straight off the bat for me.. Christ on a bike, how those words can be said in a row is beyond me.

• Advertisement

We are talking about a man who is on record..

It's nothing but the flu... Publicly

Yeah it's deadly serious even for kids.. privately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement