Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

i think you missed the point. trump was pressed on how much he may have paid in tax, based on an article; essentially hearsay. i know in ireland such things are only published if you actually default on your liabilities. prob 95% of the irish population can get rid of an income tax bill liability via different means, most common of which are medical expends and pension contributions.
    In Trumps defence he didn't take a salary that year so would have a very small personal income tax bill. There are different types of taxes, State and federal, If you earn nothing in a particular state you don't pay state taxes so this "Tax payment" may or may not be misleading

anyway the point remains, joe was not pressed on a pretty big issue, because its from unsubstantiated sources.
    No. He wasn't pushed on it because it is all allegedly his sons behaviour not his. Hunter isn't up for election

i would presume if he wins the election and the republicans win the house; they will impeach him.
    For what exactly? His sons behaviour?

how much has the biden family made since he became VP? of course you cant answer that cos he wont answer that
    How much has who made? His son? His 3 kids from his first marraige? All four of his kids ( 2 deceased)? his Siblings? It is just words really. How much has his family made....lots

Biden is probably the second worst candidate to ever run for the US Presidency..... fortunately he is running against the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Biden is a serial liar, Here Bernie Sanders catches him out.

There are academics who find Trump's endless and incessant lying so fascinating they keep count, document and remark on them.
    president trump made 19127 false of misleading claims 1226 days/

Huffington Posts headline on the debate:
    Trump’s Debate Hail Mary: Lie After Brazen, Incoherent Lie
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-drops-the-abrasiveness-keeps-the-lies-in-second-debate_n_5f92425fc5b62333b2439c67
    Trump Is Lying More Than Ever: Just Look At The Data
    David Markowitz

I am a professor studying the psychology of language and technology.

I’m an academic who cares deeply about how lying affects communication processes and social relationships. One of the most important and consistent truths about deception is that we are all mostly honest. Most people tell one or two small lies per day, on average, and there are only a few prolific liars in our social circles.

Rates of interpersonal deception — the lies I tell you and you tell me — have been remarkably stable in deception research over time. But, as others suggested, something is unusual about President Trump. His rate of deception has increased since taking office.

As of early April, Trump has told 23.3 lies per day in 2020, a 0.5-lie increase since 2019. What’s more, Trump has averaged 23.8 lies per day since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the US — another 0.5-lie increase. Even during a pandemic, when the public needs to trust and rely on him the most, deception remains a core part of the president’s playbook.

What’s unusual about Trump is not just how often he lies, but what he lies about and where he communicates his lies most often.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidmarkowitz/2020/05/05/trump-is-lying-more-than-ever-just-look-at-the-data/

And I could post another 100 links and quotes about 'the liar in chief' but Trump suporters can't handle the truth and they aren't interested in the concept of honesty or they wouldn't be Trump supporters.

You might as well be trying to accuse Biden of of using fake tan and fake hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

westdublin wrote: »
    How close are you talking ? Rudy Giuliani and his cousin/wife or family and friends ?

or a son?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fox rightwing partisans starting to show they might be distancing themselves from Lindsey Graham

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/lou-dobbs-rages-against-lindsey-graham-hes-betrayed-trump-why-would-anyone-vote-for-him/

It might have a smidge to do with Lindsey Graham's lead against Jaime Harrison evaporating since the debate

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/new-poll-shows-sen-grahams-lead-over-harrison-has-evaporated

a 6 point lead has become a 1 point lag (margin of error single polla yada yada), and is outspending/raising Graham tremendously.

Eyes out for more pre-emptive face saving.

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Biden is probably the second worst candidate to ever run for the US Presidency..... fortunately he is running against the worst.

very flippantly, hillary is the worst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭westdublin

or a son?

why stop there ? why not all family and friends ? Do you think the Trumps kids would like their taxes to be released ?
    Remember how they defrauded a children's cancer charity

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

happy long weekend!

not really though. again, who should be obligated to publish their tax returns?

i thought trump divested all his interests, maybe i'm wrong

Do you even know what this means?

I feel like if you had known what it meant there's no way you could possibly think this.

tldr it's simply not true. There was never divestment, Trump is still the owner and trustee of his businesses including Trump DC Hotel and Mar A Lago, both of which have millions of foreign currency flowing into them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-press-conference-folders-business-plan-empire-blank-fake-handover-donald-jr-eric-conflict-interests-a7523426.html

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Biden is a serial liar, Here Bernie Sanders catches him out.

Yep, it's good that the current POTUS has never told a lie in his current office or past dealings.....oh wait.

Yeah, she's really going to poll poorly in this election for sure. Do you want to tell her or?

westdublin wrote: »
    why stop there ? why not all family and friends ? Do you think the Trumps kids would like their taxes to be released ?
    Remember how they defrauded a children's cancer charity

why not nancy? how much did she make via inside info?

personally, i'd require anyone who runs for public office to divest any interest they have in a company; and those shares are sold back to the company (not your family). you can make your profit/loss.

basically too many politicians have made a fortune off inside info.

that goes for trump, and prob the massive % of all polocitins.

Re the kids charity, I'm clueless TBH. What happened there?

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

I feel like if you had known what it meant there's no way you could possibly think this.

tldr it's simply not true. There was never divestment, Trump is still the owner and trustee of his businesses including Trump DC Hotel and Mar A Lago, both of which have millions of foreign currency flowing into them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-press-conference-folders-business-plan-empire-blank-fake-handover-donald-jr-eric-conflict-interests-a7523426.html

Not only foreign currency. But actual taxpayer dollars from each of his visits to his properties. Of course, he is not taking his presidential salary which is good of him right? Realistically he doesn't need to, and in fairness, he would likely need to pay more tax on it than he has in the past few years. Well, to the US at least.

why not nancy? how much did she make via inside info?

personally, i'd require anyone who runs for public office to divest any interest they have in a company; and those shares are sold back to the company (not your family). you can make your profit/loss.

basically too many politicians have made a fortune off inside info.

that goes for trump, and prob the massive % of all polocitins.

Re the kids charity, I'm clueless TBH. What happened there?

The foundation was a scam and Donald's kids were found guilty of fraud. They had to pay a substatial sum and were banned from running any other charity.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation

Overheal wrote: »

so he set up a trust containing all his assets? is there anything illegal about that? i dunno, maybe?

The foundation was a scam and Donald's kids were found guilty of fraud. They had to pay a substatial sum and were banned from running any other charity.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation

yes the foundation was a scam.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-fbi-lawyer-kevin-clinesmith-pleads-guilty-first-criminal-charge-durham-probe/

Huh, your link while interesting is not tied in any way to what I had posted. That's ok. So the kid's charity fraud is not an issue in your eyes. Cool. So, which of the many issues with the current administration are you going to deflect next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

And still won the popular vote?? She "was" probably the worst candidate up until this election but Donald was a new broom 4 years ago, now he has to stand on his record and it is very very poor. He is not the candidate he was in 2016.

Huh, your link while interesting is not tied in any way to what I had posted. That's ok. So the kid's charity fraud is not an issue in your eyes. Cool. So, which of the many issues with the current administration are you going to deflect next?

forgive me, i font know what your talking about if you have any facts?

i've said before, i'm pretty central but just no one has any facts discounting his policies.

based on merit, they seem fairly sound

Ronin247 wrote: »
    And still won the popular vote?? She "was" probably the worst candidate up until this election but Donald was a new broom 4 years ago, now he has to stand on his record and it is very very poor. He is not the candidate he was in 2016.

are we debating the electoral college now?

lets NY and california run the federation. That's the reason for it. (or rather to stop them).

forgive me, i font know what your talking about if you have any facts?

i've said before, i'm pretty central but just no one has any facts discounting his policies.

based on merit, they seem fairly sound

You didn't have a policy question. You did question the circumstance around the issue with a charity he had been involved in. I provided a link to the NY AG link that showed he had had to pay out a significant amount of cash and been banned from running a charity. You replied with an article about something completely different.

If you can give me specifics on which of President Trump's policies you wish to discuss, I will be happy to discuss the merits or otherwise of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

+81,210 New cases of coronavirus in the USA yesterday and still no leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

+81,210 New cases of coronavirus in the USA yesterday and still no leadership.

Still better to get the man made virus flu than be forced to take what those controlling the world will be forcing on the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Still better to get the man made virus flu than be forced to take what those controlling the world will be forcing on the population.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

What?

Conspiracy theorist believes in Qanon. I wouldn’t look for a sensible answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Glad the devastating Israel and Sudan war is at an end.

Improving relations between Jews and Muslims. Of no consequence?

What I honestly cannot gauge from you folks is, you believe that the government and by extension, I would imagine a lot of the populace are out to get you. Yet, here you folks are on a public chat board that is collecting your data, however 'hidden' you all reckon you are. And I would guess you have a mobile phone too? How do you reckon that works?

Improving relations between Jews and Muslims. Of no consequence?

It's a sad day when the leader of Israel has to pretty much ignore a dig that the president of the US has made against his rival, don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

What I honestly cannot gauge from you folks is, you believe that the government and by extension, I would imagine a lot of the populace are out to get you. Yet, here you folks are on a public chat board that is collecting your data, however 'hidden' you all reckon you are. And I would guess you have a mobile phone too? How do you reckon that works?

The salvation of one's soul is more important than the lies of the enemy. Wouldn't care less if someone or something is collecting data. We don't all have to follow what the mass produced media says.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

It's a sad day when the leader of Israel has to pretty much ignore a dig that the president of the US has made against his rival, don't you think?

So no credit where it’s due then. How reasonable.

So no credit where it’s due then. How reasonable.

Hey, all of that is cool and all. Stability in the Middle East is great. I'm sure he will be working towards that with Palestine soon also, but does that give him the right to take a dig at his political opponent on an open call with both those parties?

• Advertisement

The salvation of one's soul is more important than the lies of the enemy. Wouldn't care less if someone or something is collecting data. We don't all have to follow what the mass produced media says.

Fair enough, one love. Take care of yourself and do no harm to others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement