Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

What?

You're better off not asking.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Looks like Tony Bobulinski has gone to the FBI. Why would he do that if he was making it up? I for one am grateful that he has stuck his neck on the line (along with Rudy Giuliani) to bring the American people all of the information so that they can make an informed decision on polling day... I know that Hunter Biden is not up for election, the issue is that Joe was allegedly profiting from his position as VP. If Joe is so corrupt, he should not be voted in. Imagine what personal deals he could do as POTUS?

FBI to interview Hunter Biden's ex-associate Bobulinski

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-interview-request-hunter-biden-ex-associate-tony-bobulinski-senate-committee

Luckily, President Trump is sailing along thanks in no small part to his decisive victory in the debate. I believe Joe's admission that he would wind up the oil industry was a very very bad move.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Looks like Tony Bobulinski has gone to the FBI. Why would he do that if he was making it up? I for one am grateful that he has stuck his neck on the line (along with Rudy Giuliani) to bring the American people all of the information so that they can make an informed decision on polling day... I know that Hunter Biden is not up for election, the issue is that Joe was allegedly profiting from his position as VP. If Joe is so corrupt, he should not be voted in. Imagine what personal deals he could do as POTUS?

FBI to interview Hunter Biden's ex-associate Bobulinski

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-interview-request-hunter-biden-ex-associate-tony-bobulinski-senate-committee

Luckily, President Trump is sailing along thanks in no small part to his decisive victory in the debate. I believe Joe's admission that he would wind up the oil industry was a very very bad move.

Very cool, if there is corruption going on then it should be investigated. Much like sealed indictments etc. So, knowing how long some of these things take to happen, especially when you have AG Barr, I'm guessing we can see the outcome of the intial investigations come January, February maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

You're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment next week.

Trump is a goner. And he's delusional thinking that Republicans are going to win the house.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

8-10 wrote: »
    You're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment next week.

Trump is a goner. And he's delusional thinking that Republicans are going to win the house.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

I honestly think it's going to be a complete shift. I think Biden will be elected and I think both the house and senate will be Democrat. It won't stop the GOP complaining about all and sundry, but maybe they can get some stuff done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

+81,210 New cases of coronavirus in the USA yesterday and still no leadership.

What would be leadership? Ordering a full lockdown (which he has no power to do)

What are states doing? Do they not have the power to make their own laws.

I honestly think it's going to be a complete shift. I think Biden will be elected and I think both the house and senate will be Democrat. It won't stop the GOP complaining about all and sundry, but maybe they can get some stuff done.

I agree. I think Democrats take the Senate. But I can also see Republicans holding it.

The House however? Think that was the Aderall talking. Trump must know that they're not winning it.

+81,210 New cases of coronavirus in the USA yesterday and still no leadership.

Take a look at the reaction to the new lock down here in Ireland. People want leadership that balances healthcare with a focus on economy, not complete shutdowns. Trump represents the former whilst Biden represents the latter. I think the democrats have bet on the wrong horse (campaigning on Covid). Human beings are incredibly selfish, they will vote for what keeps them in a job.

What would be leadership?

A national plan at the federal level would be leadership. Why even have the states United federally and have a President if they act completely independently?

The virus doesn't stop at the border of one State because it has different rules.

I think it should even go beyond that. Any measures in place should be to manage the R number. It shouldnt be hard to give guidelines associated with changes in that number and what it's at in a specific location. And the reality is the federal government has a lot more expertise and organisations than the individual States

Take a look at the reaction to the new lock down here in Ireland. People want leadership that balances healthcare with a focus on economy, not complete shutdowns. Trump represents the former whilst Biden represents the latter. I think the democrats have bet on the wrong horse (campaigning on Covid). Human beings are incredibly selfish, they will vote for what keeps them in a job.

What is Trump's healthcare plan though? He's said a number of times he wants to repeal the ACA, but hasn't said what he wants to replace it with. His plan will come out in the next two weeks, and then a couple of months later it will be in the next two weeks. I know folks who first hand when Trump came into office their healthcare plans tripled. That is not sustainable.

As an aside, we should have locked down completely the first time around, much as New Zealand did. Horse, door, bolted etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Almost all the people I speak to are annoyed at the lockdown but not the government, people are accepting of the measures as been for the greater good. Now if you listen to the noisy minority on social media it might seem that people are annoyed at the government but that’s not the reality for the majority.
    There are holes in the thinking of course but in the main it’s accepted as been for the greater good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Deep down, people know that we need to start getting on with our lives.

Biden and the dems are taking the ultra-cautious approach. But it's also the cowardly approach too - and people know this.

Of course, Trump's critics will call him reckless... but then they would call him this regardless of what he did anyway.

There's no way that America is going to vote for more never ending lockdowns and huge increases in taxes etc... the end result being a severely depressed economy for many years.

New republican voter registration is outstripping the dems by a ratio of 3 to 1 in recent weeks... there is a red wave coming on november 3rd. Trump is the man to bring the country out the other side of this thing!

What would be leadership? Ordering a full lockdown (which he has no power to do)

Leadership doesn't overly need to be telling folks what they need to do. Sometimes it's just about letting folks know, you are aware of what's going on and putting trust in the folks who actually deal with these things:

https://youtu.be/fSUeotBPaLc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

salmocab wrote: »
    Almost all the people I speak to are annoyed at the lockdown but not the government, people are accepting of the measures as been for the greater good. Now if you listen to the noisy minority on social media it might seem that people are annoyed at the government but that’s not the reality for the majority.
    There are holes in the thinking of course but in the main it’s accepted as been for the greater good.

Not so sure on this, at least not in my currently small group of people I interact with.

Think anger with the situation is going to see a large change in parties in power across Europe

Not so sure on this, at least not in my currently small group of people I interact with.

Think anger with the situation is going to see a large change in parties in power across Europe

I’m not suggest people are happy with the handling or not pissed off with the governmentS handling Overall to greater or lesser degrees but most seem accepting of this Particular lockdown as necessary especially given Christmas looming.
    No country has done a perfect job and there certainly a balancing act to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

What makes you think that?

When Americans are asked about what the important issues are (note, not how the candidates are performing on those issues, just on identifying which issues are important in the election), they consistently place Covid at the top, so it's odd that you disagree.
    Trump supporters rate it less important than the general population, so maybe you are getting your news and opinion filtered to your own point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m not suggest people are happy with the handling or not pissed off with the governmentS handling Overall to greater or lesser degrees but most seem accepting of this Particular lockdown as necessary especially given Christmas looming.
    No country has done a perfect job and there certainly a balancing act to be done.

And we need lockdowns because idiots can’t or won’t socially isolate or follow guidelines. The people who are angriest are probably the worst offenders.

Panrich wrote: »
    And we need lockdowns because idiots can’t or won’t socially isolate or follow guidelines. The people who are angriest are probably the worst offenders.

For another thread but yeah I’d say your not far wrong for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Oh dear oh dear, fox news reporting that the spectacle that was the news conference before the debate where Hunter's mate was paraded out showing phones was a complete swing and a miss.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-tony-bobulinski-joe-biden-unanswered-questions

Given the ineptitude of this administration that's been shown over the last 4 years, I'm really not surprised they can even manufacture a faux-scandal.

(made sure I included the fox news link because it's lovely when they debunk the right wing plebs)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

duploelabs wrote: »
    Oh dear oh dear, fox news reporting that the spectacle that was the news conference before the debate where Hunter's mate was paraded out showing phones was a complete swing and a miss.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-tony-bobulinski-joe-biden-unanswered-questions

Given the ineptitude of this administration that's been shown over the last 4 years, I'm really not surprised they can even manufacture a faux-scandal.

(made sure I included the fox news link because it's lovely when they debunk the right wing plebs)

Fox seems to be ever so slightly distancing themselves from The Donald.

• Advertisement

Not suggesting Harris done anything wrong and this post is directed mainly at the Trump supporters in thread... I think it is interesting that herself, Hunter Biden, Jim Biden and Tony Bobulinski were in email contact with each other. Giuliani says he has more information to be released, could there be dirt on Harris?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/email-sent-from-bidens-brother-to-hunter-references-harris-report/

An email sent by Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s brother Jim to Hunter Biden and others regarding a potential business venture with a now-bankrupt Chinese conglomerate included the name of Biden’s vice presidential running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, according to a report.

Not suggesting Harris done anything wrong and this post is directed mainly at the Trump supporters in thread... I think it is interesting that herself, Hunter Biden, Jim Biden and Tony Bobulinski were in email contact with each other. Giuliani says he has more information to be released, could there be dirt on Harris?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/email-sent-from-bidens-brother-to-hunter-references-harris-report/

An email sent by Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s brother Jim to Hunter Biden and others regarding a potential business venture with a now-bankrupt Chinese conglomerate included the name of Biden’s vice presidential running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, according to a report.

In what context was Harris's name mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This is laughable.

In what context was Harris's name mentioned?

Did you read the article? If you did, you would know the answer to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This is laughable.

The closer to the election the more desperate his supporters get, I must admit it's fun watching them squirm as they realise Trump's time is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The desperation in that article is something else. By Monday they'll be quoting posts on boards as evidence.

Did you read the article? If you did, you would know the answer to that.

I did. She had no hand, act or part in that email. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. So I thought you might have further insight. Because posting that article was a waste of time as was my reading it. But you posted a nothingburger. On that we can agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fox seems to be ever so slightly distancing themselves from The Donald.

NOBODY wants to be associated with Trump when he loses.

All the enablers will pretend they never heard of him.

Association will be so toxic to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I expect he'll have an occasional show on OAN. They don't exist but to pander to his base. Plus they're a bit of a 'fly-by-night' low cost operation so they can go on for awhile.

Fox might move away, they're still the GOP network of choice though. He'll make appearances there, too, on occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

They made their beds....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement