Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Igotadose wrote: »
    I expect he'll have an occasional show on OAN. They don't exist but to pander to his base. Plus they're a bit of a 'fly-by-night' low cost operation so they can go on for awhile.

Fox might move away, they're still the GOP network of choice though. He'll make appearances there, too, on occasion.

If/when he loses, Trump will spend the rest of his life in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What is Trump's healthcare plan though? He's said a number of times he wants to repeal the ACA, but hasn't said what he wants to replace it with. His plan will come out in the next two weeks, and then a couple of months later it will be in the next two weeks. I know folks who first hand when Trump came into office their healthcare plans tripled. That is not sustainable.

As an aside, we should have locked down completely the first time around, much as New Zealand did. Horse, door, bolted etc.

He’s releasing it in 2 weeks brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He's a complete child.

How anyone can see this man as fit to be POTUS is beyond me when he demonstrates each and every day how unfit he is.

Nobody using the critical faculties of their brain can think this is not a very troubled and disturbed man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

In what context was Harris's name mentioned?

It’s classic KC make a suggestion of something but be careful with the words so afterwards he can claim to have just being asking a question. It’s basically Trumps tactic of saying things like I heard or people are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If/when he loses, Trump will spend the rest of his life in court.

The best course of action would be to step down after the election and have President Pence pardon him for all crimes

No doubt the would be a challenge that Pence shouldnt become president for that explicit purpose to evade the law but Supreme Court will be 6-3 and there is no law against it.

I wouldn't put it past him to do this

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    The best course of action would be to step down after the election and have President Pence pardon him for all crimes

No doubt the would be a challenge that Pence shouldnt become president for that explicit purpose to evade the law but Supreme Court will be 6-3 and there is no law against it.

An Evangelical Christian President pardoning The Donald for multiple sexual assault suits. The optics of that would be fabulous for the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It would be an unsurprising end to the shìtshow that is Trumps presidency, at least Pence would ensure a smooth transition of power, you dont have to like the man to admit he would be more presidential than Trump.

The thing about the pardon thing is I don't think it would save donny as some crimes (i believe) wouldn't be covered by a pardon.

An Evangelical Christian President pardoning The Donald for multiple sexual assault suits. The optics of that would be fabulous for the GOP.

GOP stopped caring about optics quite some time ago in fairness.

They'll just look to draw in imaginary line under everything in this term and go again in opposition where they'll again play on everyone's feat to get control back

It would be an unsurprising end to the shìtshow that is Trumps presidency, at least Pence would ensure a smooth transition of power, you dont have to like the man to admit he would be more presidential than Trump.

The thing about the pardon thing is I don't think it would save donny as some crimes (i believe) wouldn't be covered by a pardon.

Yep only federal crimes, you can't pardon State crimes

GOP stopped caring about optics quite some time ago in fairness.

They'll just look to draw in imaginary line under everything in this term and go again in opposition where they'll again play on everyone's feat to get control back

Can't see it happening. It is possible but very unlikely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

I honestly think it's going to be a complete shift. I think Biden will be elected and I think both the house and senate will be Democrat. It won't stop the GOP complaining about all and sundry, but maybe they can get some stuff done.

It may also force a reset in Republican thinking if the scale of defeat is massive, a move away from alt right populist, tea party politics, and a move towards the centre, especially as they have a massive problem among women and minorities. Their voter base is shrinking by the year.

Can't see it happening. It is possible but very unlikely though.

Yeah I agree unlikely, as I say I wouldn't put it past him.

Just pointing out that it might be his best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

This story got a little overshadowed by the debate and I think that is a shame. President Trump's foreign policy has helped broker a new era of peace in the Middle East. Say what you want about his personality, he gets the job done where it counts.

Trump announces peace deal between Sudan and Israel, says more nations will normalize relations

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-sudan-to-join-uae-bahrain-in-recognizing-israel

"More nations will normalize relations", music to my ears from the Peace President.

Again, I think his response to Covid-19 has been the correct one, health and economy need to be balanced, he made some tough decisions (as he was elected to do) and terrible suffering naturally resulted but I think the long term effects of those decisions will be appreciated as the world emerges from the crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

francois wrote: »
    Their voter base is shrinking by the year.

lol... so why are new republican voter registrations outstripping the dems 3 to 1?

TDS will make you believe almost anything it seems! :pac:

If anything it's the democrats that are potentially in big trouble going forward.

After Trump wins this election by a huge margin (he's pretty much guaranteed to win at this point - the question is by how much), there is a very real possibility that the DNC will splinter into two separate factions. There are huge divisions that have become very evident in recent years...

Watch them implode when Trump wins again! ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

lol... so why are new republican voter registrations outstripping the dems 3 to 1?

Credible source?

he made some tough decisions

List them out for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,559 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Whether its true or not "he quit on America" was a great sound bite from Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Graham wrote: »
    Credible source?

I wouldn't even bother engaging with that poster. Arrogantly proclaiming Trump is going to win as well as making other assertions without providing any evidence for them is his/her MO. They will probably delete their account and run away when it doesn't happen.

I wouldn't even bother engaging with that poster. Arrogantly proclaiming Trump is going to win as well as making other assertions without providing any evidence for them is his/her MO. They will probably delete their account and run away when it doesn't happen.

I'm reluctant to bite as well for the usual suspects here you could count on one hand who I don't believe for a second are Trump supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watch them implode when Trump wins again!
    I'm not sure if you are a wind up merchant or truly believe what you are saying.
    I felt nd it hard to believe that you believe what you are saying but maybe you do.

As a result I don't really pity you but if I was certain you did believe it then I'd be very concerned about you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

After Trump wins this election by a huge margin (he's pretty much guaranteed to win at this point - the question is by how much), there is a very real possibility that the DNC will splinter into two separate factions.

I don't understand why you are saying this.
    Even the most optimist scenarios for Trump require a tightening of the polls in the last week and/or a lot of wins outside the margin of error.

Not that he can't win; he can, but it would be an upset if he did.
    To state that he is guaranteed to win is simply factually incorrect and to say that he will win by a huge margin is just out of step with pretty much every projection.

I just wonder why you say it, do you actually believe it yourself, and if so, on what basis.

Still better to get the man made virus flu than be forced to take what those controlling the world will be forcing on the population.

Oh breaking the 8th again, you're clocking up those black marks against your soul at a rate of knots on here. You better go flagellate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Phoebas wrote: »
    I don't understand why you are saying this.
    Attention.

This is bad, Bad, BAD for Trump and the republicans...record turnout looks highly likely

_mG-1w0d?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

This is bad, Bad, BAD for Trump and the republicans...record turnout looks highly likely

_mG-1w0d?format=jpg&name=900x900

That’s only young people.

Indeed. The full figures are far worse for the republicans. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just as well then that his older base aren't dying of covid thanks to his disastrous pandemic response and superspreader rallies. Oh.

• Advertisement

Indeed. The full figures are far worse for the republicans. :cool:

A poster was claiming a few days back that college turnouts would be down.... Don't think so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement