Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

again, because they said it was a draw....you believed them.

The point you believed what the wrote when it suited you.

I dont want trump in power, but Pence came across far better.
    both completely ignored the questions last night, but harris came off worse.

I would have biden over Trump
    but as bad as pence is, I sooner him over harris who was made to look a liar, and the part where pence spoke about her wanting to stop fracking in the past and now changed her mind, she failed to properly deflect from that

You really are struggling g with this aren't you?

It is not about whether what they said was true or not, or even if I believed what they said.

I never mentioned whether I believed them or not. It is their opinion, that is all. But given that they are usually biased to be positive towards Trump and Pence, the fact that they were not willing to go all in for Pence would suggest that they don't think he won.

How do you know you know some voters won't vote for a women? Are they so numerous as to really make much of an impact?

The whole birther thing was just the right's version of trying to completely discredit the President. We've had 4 years of it from the left with Trump. If Biden wins we'll have another 4 years of it from the right again. Such is the cesspit of American politics.

We know from polling, from Vox pops, from how HC was treated differently from Trump, from the continued view that the POTUS needs to be a strong man.

The extent of it, I have no idea.
    The birhter thing was allowed become a thing because he was a different colour than 'normal' and so it was perfectly reasonable to question he birth place. And to be clear, it wasn't the questioning of his right to be POTUS, if there are rules then it is only right that the person must abide by those rules. But Obama proved he was within the rules, but that wasn't enough for some.

how me the birther conspiracy for the previous white presidents and I would agree that it was simply a rules based issue.

It is right, and perfectly acceptable, for politicians to try to discredit their opponents over policies and then decision they make. But this was very different. This was using the excuse of his skin colour to raise the possibility, and Trump even went as far as to say he had proof, to say that Obama was illegitimate as POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

km991148 wrote:
    That's the problem with using that approach (on Trump) - it doesn't work on Trump. He doesn't have basic manners or even care for them (He sometimes pretends to be polite if it will cast him a good light OR he will watch out for other people being potentially rude towards him and use that as a line of attack) - but he isn't polite at all and will there for just shout louder if you try to break his flow in this way ('I'm speaking' etc).

Yeah but if you remain mannerly and strong then you beat him easily.

Leroy42 wrote:
    We know from polling, from Vox pops, from how HC was treated differently from Trump, from the continued view that the POTUS needs to be a strong man.
    Hilary has zero charisma and then she fell into the trap of trying to get down and dirty with Trump.
    Ever hear the saying ' he'll drag you down to his level and beat you'? Well Hilary let that happen.
    Joe Biden got angry twice during the debate but righted things quickly both times. Last night was a case of Harris taking good advice and not getting into anything controversial.

I don't think there's very many believe the POTUS needs to be a man, a strong person yes.
    They've had four years of an absolute disgrace, with no manners or morals. I think many just want somebody who first and foremost has manners and morals, being a strong person is a bonus.

I agree that the approach wouldn't stop Trump from interrupting, as I said he has not got the abilities (it is even depressing that I am classing politieness and ability to adher to rules as an ability!) that Pence has so at best it was make Biden appear to be trying to debate and look the calmer and in control of the two as Tump becomes more and more agitated by, as he sees it, being stopped from doing what he wants.

It is a win-win for Biden, which is why I think they used Harris as a trial run for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hilary has zero charisma and then she fell into the trap of trying to get down and dirty with Trump.
    Ever hear the saying ' he'll drag you down to his level and beat you'? Well Hilary let that happen.
    Joe Biden got angry twice during the debate but righted things quickly both times. Last night was a case of Harris taking good advice and not getting into anything controversial.

I don't think there's very many believe the POTUS needs to be a man, a strong person yes.
    They've had four years of an absolute disgrace, with no manners or morals. I think many just want somebody who first and foremost has manners and morals, being a strong person is a bonus.

And Biden got angry at a very human moment, an attack on his son. During one of the Bush/Dukakis debates, Dukakis answered a question where his wife was used as an example with a robotic response and it came across really badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Biden's camp should do a few things ahead of next debate.

Look for it to be postponed given scientists views on quarantining after a diagnosis.

Come up with a response as to whether they are going to increase numbers on the supreme court (link it to Systems evolving, population growth etc).

Point out at first opportunity that in the debates so far, both Republicans repeatedly ignored rules they had signed up to. That reflects their behaviour of the last 4 years. They cannot be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Like last week, it's not so much that Harris won it but that Pence lost it. Pretty much a draw, which with current polls is a win for Biden/Harris.

I don't think either side gained any undecideds but neither lost any either.

I felt Pence won. Harris way too passive and that forced grin throughout was Clintonesque.

A more competent debater would have wiped the floor with Pence.

Don't get me wrong, Pence didn't hit any home runs but he controlled much of the debate and Harris had few genuine come backs to his rambling.

Disappointing but thankfully the only VP debate.

Biden's camp should do a few things ahead of next debate.
    Look for it to be postponed given scientists views on quarantining after a diagnosis.
    No simply look for it to he done using different venues for the candidates.
    Come up with a response as to whether they are going to increase numbers on the supreme court (link it to Systems evolving, population growth etc).
    No, that has the potential for controversy so say very little about it.
    Point out at first opportunity that in the debates so far, both Republicans repeatedly ignored rules they had signed up to. That reflects their behaviour of the last 4 years. They cannot be trusted.
    No, but if you get to have different venues for the candidates then you can turn the mic of the other candidate off during the two minutes where a candidate is supposed to be allowed speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Another pre recorded video.

"there's never seen anything like what I've done for the military"

I think he's getting worse. It's like when the AI bot starts malfunctioning in a movie.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1314175772563832833

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

http://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/1008/1170239-us-politics/
    Next debate will be online..Trump not happy and says he won't be take part....

gmisk wrote:
    Another win for Biden.

gmisk wrote: »

Why is he against the virtual debate? Just because its easier to mute him? Biden could even just mute his speakers while he speaks I spose.

eagle eye wrote: »

No, that has the potential for controversy so say very little about it.

No, but if you get to have different venues for the candidates then you can turn the mic of the other candidate off during the two minutes where a candidate is supposed to be allowed speak.

Think there is no way Trump wont bring up supreme court given it was the only topic which rocked Harris last night.

Adopting a turning off mic techniques will lead to claims of moderator/MSM/establishment bias and interference from Trump.

I agree asking for different venues may work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Pence the steady hand, there for whenever Trump falls, if he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

A virtual debate is going to lead to cries of teleprompters and I was muted unfairly. It’s actually a bit of a crap solution, although the two people standing in the same room bit doesn’t work anyway if someone decides to ignore the moderator anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

But wasn’t it Biden who was going to pull out of the debates?
    Very confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Gods Gift wrote: »
    VOTE THE FLY 2020.

He would run out of money very quickly.

Adopting a turning off mic techniques will lead to claims of moderator/MSM/establishment bias and interference from Trump.
    It's been agreed that you get two minutes uninterrupted to answer a question. Trump never gave Biden that time so turning off his mic for those two minutes just ensures that the agreement is upheld. You do the same to Biden when Trump is answering his question.

salmocab wrote: »
    A virtual debate is going to lead to cries of teleprompters and I was muted unfairly. It’s actually a bit of a crap solution, although the two people standing in the same room bit doesn’t work anyway if someone decides to ignore the moderator anyway.

I’d be more concerned about catching a highly contagious disease.

• Advertisement

Big news for Biden.

Although, if it happens, it could turn it in to more of a Party political broadcast than a debate.

I've watched some of the debate. "thank you vice president pence". Again and again and he keeps talking.

Pence is so calm and collected whenever I've seen him. The place could be on fire and he'd be calmly speaking you feel! It's a good skill imo.

There's something pointless about these "debates" as they seem to be able to say whatever they want but I don't know if it's true or not? So pence will say Americans are better off, kamala will say they are not.

There needs to be more demonstration of their workings or something :)

ebbsy wrote: »
    He would run out of money very quickly.

Someone should set up a GofundBee page.....I’m sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

But wasn’t it Biden who was going to pull out of the debates?
    Very confusing!

To repeat something I saw on twitter, we were told that one of the candidates was on drugs and would pull out of the debate.

To repeat something I saw on twitter, we were told that one of the candidates was on drugs and would pull out of the debate.

"I will be strongly demanding a Drug Test of Sleepy Joe Biden prior to, or after, the Debate on Tuesday night," Mr Trump tweeted.

Awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

"I will be strongly demanding a Drug Test of Sleepy Joe Biden prior to, or after, the Debate on Tuesday night," Mr Trump tweeted.

Awkward.

Just noticed he has gone mental on twitter the past 24 hours with a ridiculous amount of tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Debate now off due to Trump being a f**king baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Debate now off due to Trump being a f**king baby.

I am pretty sure he was looking for an excuse not to participate, he needs it more than Biden to try and change the direction of the election, I am sure Biden is not bothered in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d be more concerned about catching a highly contagious disease.

Well yes but I was more talking of the mechanics of online and what will be claimed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Inquitus wrote: »
    I am pretty sure he was looking for an excuse not to participate, he needs it more than Biden to try and change the direction of the election, I am sure Biden is not bothered in the slightest.

Not at all no. Sure Trump's only tool in debate one was to continuously interrupt and insult Biden. He wouldn't find that as easy online. Probably better to slink off to the comfort blanket of one of his cult rallies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement